DVDVR Message Board

TNA releases thread

Meltzer's theory regarding Hogan is that TNA is worth more with Hogan than without, if Bob Carter decides to sell the company.  So if Hogan does in fact re-sign, that would seem to indicate that the writing is on the wall.

Yeah, but are rich people really that dumb that they will buy a company without doing a decent analysis on the figures of income and expenditures? I mean, if they re-signing him with the thought that they will able to sell the company to someone really dumb I think they risk not being able to sell it.

It is not like, from what I understand, Hulk's contract gives much of rights to his character, image, advertising revenue, etc. to TNA. They just threw money at him in hopes he would change the business.

I think it is time TNA stops trying to be number #1 in the business by doing all the silly things they hope will change the history of wrestling, and just try to put on a good production and a good product, mostly booking by the numbers, get some good indy wrestlers and be smart with the former WWE guys they hire.

They have a great core roster in Bobby Roode, AJ, Aries, Jeff Hardy, Sabin, Bad Influence, Bully Ray and they can throw some TJ Perkins and elevate them.

At this point, I think most ROH guys would rather work for TNA in a decent deal: there is a better schedule and when they have to have more demanding matches it's in high profile matches with decent exposure, and they're in tv.

I'm sure they could easily get Kevin Steen if they wanted. Just imagine Steen in tv feuding with Bully Ray, would be awesome.

Man, if this angle ends with Ted Turner being the higher power, I would mark the fuck out.

"It was me Vince, it was me all along Vince! TNA was WCW all along! Every damn one of you were made fools of!!!"

That would be really great. 

If TNA really wanted to save money, they should tape Impact like AAA does their TV.  TNA would only run between 26-52 shows on their own each year, and pretty much everything would end up on television.  Make everything a big event at the local level. 

Then, the "office" could concentrate on doing relevant spot shows around the tv tapings, or just straight selling shows to local promoters, or pimping out the wrestlers for indy bookings. 

In addition, they could do something even crazier, like setting up their own "development" house shows, and running certain buildings on a regular basis... perhaps for exclusive web content.  How crazy would it be if TNA ran Hard Rock in Vegas, or ECW Arena, or Manhattan Center, or Sears Center in Chicago every month? 

As long as TNA have the two hour prime time slot, they're likely to get someone interested in buying them. Getting TV is pretty much half the battle for any money mark. 

WCW was sold, for what? $2 million in the end? And they were a much bigger name. TNA could go from much less.

We could have a whip around and buy it, even.

Vince and Trips probably realise at this point that a strong No. 2 company is 'what's best for business', though they don't want Ted back in the game obviously. Maybe they should just let a few of their roster buy it up - have Punk, Jericho and Two-strikes Orton be the competition.