DVDVR Message Board

TNA releases thread

That booking has gotten me more excited about AJ Styles than I've been in almost a decade.We really need to take donations and fund a vanity promotion so we can give Ben the book.

In case you didn't read it elsewhere, he's demanding all the books.

Spike helps but Hogan gets a lot more than Angle and Sting per appearance. TNA shoulders the majority including all his travel perks and he's not flying coach then heading over to the Hertz stand and sharing a car with three other guys and then rolling over to the Courtyard to check-in.And I'm not sure Styles doesn't have any negotiating leverage. WWE's stocked well on credible heels but they're not exactly overflowing with credible main event babyfaces right now. Cena and Sheamus are hurt. They just turned Orton. RVD's a non-factor, they've fumbled with Ziggler and before that they dropped the ball on Del Rio and completely shit the bed with Ryback.Sign Styles to a two-year deal, let him keep his name, push him as a big deal and they'll have another credible main event babyface. Plus, they'll be setting an example for Sting that WWE is willing to treat an "outsider" with respect so maybe Triple H can accomplish the "impossible" for a second year by getting Sting into WWE for the HOF and the WrestleMania match against Undertaker.Have Barrett and Fandango beat down Miz. Next week Flair tells Miz he got him a tag team partner that's "Phenomenal". Styles debuts on Raw, same name, same pyro shower intro, flys around off the top, dropkicks those two tall dudes right in the face, and finishes one of them off with either the Styles Clash or Calf Killer, and just like that WWE has another credible babyface headliner. Maybe he saves Bryan from the Shield later that night or next week. Beats Ambrose for the US Title and then says he's going after Orton next. Miz somehow gets a US Title match but it ends in a no-contest when The Shield takes out the ref. For the rematch, Flair gets named special ref and he and Miz turn and join up with Trips' crew. Styles teases that he's got someone to watch his back and the lights go out and a scorpion logo appears on the TitanTron. At whatever PPV is before WrestleMania, they can either do Miz & Orton w/Flair vs. Bryan & Styles w/Sting or The Shield vs. Bryan/Styles/Sting and the next night on Raw for Sting's first promo, he just howls and points his bat at the WrestleMania sign.

No Bunkhouse Buck = no buys

Spike helps but Hogan gets a lot more than Angle and Sting per appearance. TNA shoulders the majority including all his travel perks and he's not flying coach then heading over to the Hertz stand and sharing a car with three other guys and then rolling over to the Courtyard to check-in.And I'm not sure Styles doesn't have any negotiating leverage. WWE's stocked well on credible heels but they're not exactly overflowing with credible main event babyfaces right now. Cena and Sheamus are hurt. They just turned Orton. RVD's a non-factor, they've fumbled with Ziggler and before that they dropped the ball on Del Rio and completely shit the bed with Ryback.Sign Styles to a two-year deal, let him keep his name, push him as a big deal and they'll have another credible main event babyface. Plus, they'll be setting an example for Sting that WWE is willing to treat an "outsider" with respect so maybe Triple H can accomplish the "impossible" for a second year by getting Sting into WWE for the HOF and the WrestleMania match against Undertaker.Have Barrett and Fandango beat down Miz. Next week Flair tells Miz he got him a tag team partner that's "Phenomenal". Styles debuts on Raw, same name, same pyro shower intro, flys around off the top, dropkicks those two tall dudes right in the face, and finishes one of them off with either the Styles Clash or Calf Killer, and just like that WWE has another credible babyface headliner. Maybe he saves Bryan from the Shield later that night or next week. Beats Ambrose for the US Title and then says he's going after Orton next. Miz somehow gets a US Title match but it ends in a no-contest when The Shield takes out the ref. For the rematch, Flair gets named special ref and he and Miz turn and join up with Trips' crew. Styles teases that he's got someone to watch his back and the lights go out and a scorpion logo appears on the TitanTron. At whatever PPV is before WrestleMania, they can either do Miz & Orton w/Flair vs. Bryan & Styles w/Sting or The Shield vs. Bryan/Styles/Sting and the next night on Raw for Sting's first promo, he just howls and points his bat at the WrestleMania sign.

No Bunkhouse Buck = no buys

He's building suspense, so when Buck finally arrives, the crowd will explode.

• Like 2

Bubba has said before that he wouldn't go back to WWE unless he could do the Bully Ray character, and he doesn't think that'll happen since WWE is "PG".

I'm not making this up, it's in his interview with Peter Rosenberg from Hot 97.

I could see Bully Ray working quite well right now given that THEY'RE ANTI-BULLYING AND HE'S A HEEL. But they've basically got Ryback doing that aspect of things now. Devon as a WWE trainer would be a good idea, but I don't see him signing a WWE contract without Bully.

I could see Bully Ray working quite well right now given that THEY'RE ANTI-BULLYING AND HE'S A HEEL. But they've basically got Ryback doing that aspect of things now. Devon as a WWE trainer would be a good idea, but I don't see him signing a WWE contract without Bully.

Yeah, I've never gotten that whole "omg bully heels totally contradict the BA Star message" spiel. What, and the Smurfs is unsuitable for children because of Gargamel?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we can add Mickie to this list as well,

Also, more on the Sorensen deal:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2013/8/22/4649094/jesse-sorensen-claims-tna-refused-to-pay-for-his-medical-bills-from-a

Yeah, TNA, it was totally a good idea to release the guy so he could do interviews telling the world you refused to pay his medical bills and let his mom go bankrupt after she couldn't pay the debts.

I could see them inserting her into that dynamic fairly easily. Just an "I'm sorry, you were saying something about real wrestlers?" interruption to transition her into a feud with AJ. No idea whether there would be interest on wither side, though.

Yeah, I've never gotten that whole "omg bully heels totally contradict the BA Star message" spiel. What, and the Smurfs is unsuitable for children because of Gargamel?

My mom thought so...I wasn't allowed to watch it, it was witch craft according to Jimmy Swaggart. I was, however, allowed to watch juice filled matches from Jim Crockett NWA, so go figure.

• Like 1