DVDVR Message Board

EMMA!!!!! That was almost the best thing on the show until, damnit, that ENDING!!!!!

The only thing that can happen is Bryan winning the rumble.

Just don't know what to do with BIG DAVE then...does Bryan eliminate him last?

....also, fuck it, let's do Warrior vs. Undertaker at WM. I want a proper payoff to the coffin angle!!!

I think you gotta have Triple H infer next week, maybe without saying it, that Batista is being entered to keep Daniel Bryan from winning it. So then, come the Rumble, you have D-Bry come in like, 4th, and have him keep cheating death. Have Roman Reigns do the thing where the future monster eliminates like 20 guys, have Big Dave come out like 27th, clean house, and have the final four be Reigns/Bryan/Batista/Langston. Final two of Bry and Dave. Bry eliminates Dave for he win.

Crowd goes fucking nuts.

• Like 2

Seriously, Daniel, Muir Woods National Park is perfect.  I'll make you so happy.  I'll always have your tights cleaned and pressed. I'll always have a birthday present ready for Stephanie and HHH's stupid fucking kids, grandkids, for Vince...all that.  And I'll do all the stuff you like...butt stuff, mouth stuff...whatever.

I'm ready, Daniel.  I'm ready to take this step and go on this journey with you.

Andrew Molera State Park is nice too.  Whatever.

• Like 6

No one is saying you can't like it.

But this was either an audible, aborted angle, or a really pointless storyline that went nowhere on purpose.  *Shrug*  The end was worth it either way.

• Like 2

There's enjoying it, then there's lying to yourself.

I enjoyed the end, but that was pure audible.

And you're in the WWE writer's room or got this from 411NewzScoops.Com or what have you?

Come on. Get over it. They had the last few weeks outlined.

So you were in the writers room?

For all the people claiming this is them aborting the original plan, how else could they run the angle longer unless taking Bryan out of the main event was the plan? If they were planning to de-push him, they'd have just kept it going, and if they plan to pull the trigger on him, they had to end the angle before the Rumble which is two weeks away, so it either had to be this week or next week really. There's a clear difference in the booking with Hunter in more power than 2 or 3 years ago, they've clearly been booked with long term in the mind with most of the angles for the last 6-8 months actually.

With that being said, at this point Orton has attacked Cena so many times, they might as well run an angle that Cena Sr. is Orton's real dad and Cowboy Bob just adopted him hence he hates him and goes into a blind rage whenever he sees him. That's the only way people will care at this point.

EMMA!!!!! That was almost the best thing on the show until, damnit, that ENDING!!!!!

The only thing that can happen is Bryan winning the rumble.

Just don't know what to do with BIG DAVE then...does Bryan eliminate him last?

....also, fuck it, let's do Warrior vs. Undertaker at WM. I want a proper payoff to the coffin angle!!!

I think that's exactly what happens.

Anyone have any word on who Dave is supposed to face at Mania?

And that woman's "OH MY GOD" face, while trying not to laugh at Cena's dad getting destroyed, killed that Cena/Orton bit for me at the end. It was like she was trying to do her best 'Home Alone' impression.

Lawler having a chuckle while recapping it didn't exactly help get it over either.

The storytelling at the end was too layered to be an audible. Everything worked, and not only was a satisfying pay off for a short term angle leading to a major PPV, but it also created more questions to keep it interesting. Just great tv writing, not just great wrestling writing.

Granted, this is all for naught if we somehow end up with CM Punk v. HHH and his middle aged cronies again. I don't think anything could possibly interest me less.

• Like 2

I had chills from that ending and started to get that special feeling you get as a kid when Sid turned on HBK or Austin refused to tap out kind of shit... That was fucking amazing. Bray is just on another level from everybody else in terms of promos and acting, and he did his fair share on that one too. Who fucking cares what the motivation was behind what we just saw, we saw it just the same. And thank Christ we did. The commentators shutting the hell up and giving the moment some room to breathe made it even more special.

Also, Dutch looking at the titantron with Show behind him was money.

• Like 5

By the way, they used to do shit like this all the time during the much beloved Attitude Era. Remember Vince believing Austin was going corporate? How long did that last? 10 minutes? It didn't matter because once he kicked the suit off and threw the stupid hat into the crowd it was ONNNNNN...  Crowd erupted. I have no reason to believe the plan all along wasn't for Bryan to trick Bray Wyatt and eventually get him alone.

Also..  before I get back to Bryan one quick thing on Punk. It looks like him vs. Triple H at Mania, right? I mean everything the last couple months seems to be pointing in that direction..

• Like 1

And that woman's "OH MY GOD" face, while trying not to laugh at Cena's dad getting destroyed, killed that Cena/Orton bit for me at the end. It was like she was trying to do her best 'Home Alone' impression.

Lawler having a chuckle while recapping it didn't exactly help get it over either.

All that was missing was either Mike Nelson, Joel, Crow, and Servo.

No one is saying you can't like it.

But this was either an audible, aborted angle, or a really pointless storyline that went nowhere on purpose.  *Shrug*  The end was worth it either way.

OMAHA! OMAHA!  TURN HIM BACK!!!!!

peyton-manning-09292013.jpg

People are really shitting on the angle.  But think about it.  It wasn't bad timing, it was PERFECT timing.  That crowd was fucking bonkers like it rarely ever, ever is.  The shot right before the knee with the slow hand raises was insane.  Austin levels of over.  

Everyone is sleeping on the fact that Kane probably knew what D-Bry's plan all along was, and that's why he kept the key to the cage door.

Also, I hate to say I told you so, but... I told you so. Yeah, midcard act my white ass.

• Like 3