DVDVR Message Board

Goddamn was this a boring show. Kofi's win was a surprise, but of course meant nothing. The real story was the attack on Cena Sr, which looked awful and featured even worse acting. Still, the worst acting was Mr. Kane and Maddox backstage. Match-wise, the show wasn't very special, and there weren't any amazing promos. The show peaked with either the Warrior hype package, or JBL and King talking about King booking the territory when he won the AWA Title. The crowd was scary dead for the main event, and while it's easy to pin that on the use of non-main event acts in it, the crowd died long before that. They've done something really, really bad with Bryan here - the lack of reaction is scary. Thank God they came back when Bryan was on offense, and then resisted Bray afterwards. THEN HE ATTACKED HIM AND ENDED THIS HORRIBLE ANGLE! They killed the show until the very end - amazing. Bryan is the savior of WWE.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/01/raw-1-13-14.html

Screens -

8382d8301088841.jpg

9dd725301088842.jpg

b0da0b301088864.jpg

http://http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/kvqgif45shjni4ikb4x7d02ivko056ip

THANK THE LORD OF LIGHT!

Now we can ship the Wyatt's back to hokey mid-card act, and Bryan showed a damn brain.

Ok, now I might admit he's teflon and no matter what they do, they can't kill his heat.  If Bray Wyatt didn't neuter him, nothing will.

EDIT: I'm not convinced this was the end result, and not aborting the shitty angle because it actually was sucking Bryan's heat away, the Wyatts weren't getting more over, and someone realized that while Bray's good on the mic, he's the drizzling shits in the ring.

• Like 4

God fucking damn, Daniel Bryan is over.

I mean, I knew it, but god fucking damn.  That crowd didn't just wake up, they fucking came alive and went insane for the finish.

Holy shit.

I have no clue what this Bryan joins the Wyatts angle has actually accomplished, but it doesn't appear to have hurt Bryan one fucking iota.

Also,

WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Wow, even by WWE standards was that a badly-planned out angle aborted with little to no pay-off.  

Week 1: "Hey, let's have Bryan get brain-washed by the Wyatts and join them!"

Week 2: "Instead of using Bryan to get Harper/Rowan over, we'll team him with Bray to get them over as a scary team!"

Week 3: "Shit, abort! Abort!"

That ending was awesome. Are we getting a "Daniel Bryan joined The Wyatts just to get his chance with Bray alone AND maybe his old buddy Kane is in cahoots with him" thing now? I doubt the Kane angle because of Punk's threats but who knows. The folk hero continues. Totally buried the way the show began with Bryan and ended with him on a cage with a wide shot of the crowd in unison with him.

Also, that Usos promo was great, too.

• Like 1

God fucking damn, Daniel Bryan is over.

I mean, I knew it, but god fucking damn.  That crowd didn't just wake up, they fucking came alive and went insane for the finish.

Holy shit.

I have no clue what this Bryan joins the Wyatts angle has actually accomplished, but it doesn't appear to have hurt Bryan one fucking iota.

Also,

WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

They picked some great moments for Ultmah Wahya.  There was one where he only got one syllable of his own name out:

"WHEN YOU FEEL THE POWER OF WUH!!!!!!"

• Like 1

That ending was awesome. Are we getting a "Daniel Bryan joined The Wyatts just to get his chance with Bray alone AND maybe his old buddy Kane is in cahoots with him" thing now? I doubt the Kane angle because of Punk's threats but who knows. The folk hero continues. Totally buried the way the show began with Bryan and ended with him on a cage with a wide shot of the crowd in unison with him.

Also, that Usos promo was great, too.

Was really hoping for a Kane payoff, but doubt it.

The ending:

Yeah, sorry Bryan, we fucked up, get your revenge finally and go out on top..

Ok, that crowd reaction might've sealed the Rumble results and Mania Main Event.

• Like 1

Wow, even by WWE standards was that a badly-planned out angle aborted with little to no pay-off.  

Week 1: "Hey, let's have Bryan get brain-washed by the Wyatts and join them!"

Week 2: "Instead of using Bryan to get Harper/Rowan over, we'll team him with Bray to get them over as a scary team!"

Week 3: "Shit, abort! Abort!"

They had two choices.  Actually do something with the Wyatt's and figure out what the hell it means to destroy the machine (Andre and Demolition Ax?) or use it to sell a fuckton of Daniel Bryan shirts.

One of those things was way easier to write than the other, I guess.

• Like 2

It's nice to know that the crowd, like me, really wants to see Bryan succeed.

I get a real Bret Hart vibe from Bryan: Undersized fighting champion who can mat-wrestle you or outsmart you. As a kid, I totally loved Bret Hart (and still do), so Bryan is really working for me right now. I bet if I were nine years old again, I'd really be into him for that reason. 

I guess sometimes waiting to see how things play out isn't such a bad idea.

Yeah, sure the whole plan was for Bryan to act brainwashed for 2 weeks and have Kane for no reason finally give him his shot at Bray alone.  That makes a ton of sense.

Aborted angle is the most likely answer.

• Like 1

I know there must exist some people who will complain now because they ended this Bryan in Wyatt family angle too quickly. Well, forget that. WWE apparently turned things at just the right time, because THAT REACTION. Sure, they could have waited one more week, but Batista is returning next week. One big turn at a time.

And the ones who argued Bryan would come out of this more over than ever have surely won the argument. (and yeah, I know WWE may have just aborted the angle and intended it to last longer originally)

More OUTLAWS and they'll be back on Smackdown against the RHODES. I don't care why they turned on Punk. I just want to see more of them.

Final segment was incredible. Contrast that crowd reaction to the one during the Orton match. Get the belt on Cena, run Cena/Bryan II at Mania and let that little guy run the fucking show on top. 

At what point are they going to figure out that there is no heat in Orton attacking Cena's dad?  Or anyone attacking Cena's dad?  Or Orton attacking anyone's family?

I'm kind of enjoying how fucked Orton's title run is.  He's like, fourth or fifth man on the totem pole.  The list of names he whined about in his own sketch with Kane (Cena, Lesnar, Batista)...plus DANIEL BRYAN DANIEL BRYAN DANIEL BRYAN.

HAHA Fuck you, Orton!