DVDVR Message Board

2013-14 NFL Conference Championships

Dolfan in NYC

Hitting the punter's plant leg is supposed to be roughing.

Paging PipGofern, the real refs don't know the rules

And this is theoretically one of the 2 best crews in football.

At the risk of beating a dead horse but NFL officiating is shit. Utter shit. By far the worst in sports. But by all means lets hear Steve Young or one of the obnoxious Mikes go on a 15 minute rant about how FCS referees made a mockery of the game.

Hitting the punter's plant leg is supposed to be roughing.

Paging PipGofern, the real refs don't know the rules

And this is theoretically one of the 2 best crews in football.

At the risk of beating a dead horse but NFL officiating is shit. Utter shit. By far the worst in sports. But by all means lets hear Steve Yong or one of the obnoxious Mikes go on a 15 minute rant about how FCS referees made a mockery of the game.

Nah, NBA reffing is significantly worse.

NFL refereeing is so far ahead of the other major pro sports I really have no idea how any sane person argues otherwise.

That shouldn't be mistaken for a glowing endorsement. Merely that the NBA doesn't even pretend to be a legitimate sport, baseball is a cartoon, professional soccer generally only employs the legally blind, and the NHL uses escaped mental patients.

• Like 1

NFL refereeing is so far ahead of the other major pro sports I really have no idea how any sane person argues otherwise.

Individual plays and calls in each game feels more significant, and each individual game is way more significant, so a blown call feels bigger in the NFL than any other sport.

Bryan Alvarez @bryanalvarez 2m

I am sitting here in my house with all the windows closed and literally just heard people screaming everywhere.

To be fair he thought people were screaming about the Anthony Johnson fight on WSOF 8  ;)

He will either be dealing with a really happy or really sad Vinny tonight and won't understand why. :>

"Not Reviewable"

That is bullshit.

Hopefully for Bowman this is one of those joint bends that looks way more gruesome than it actually was. King-sized of him to hold on to the ball as that was happening. Credit to his toughness.