DVDVR Message Board

2013-14 NFL Conference Championships

Dolfan in NYC

I'm rooting for the Patriots just because I'm sick of still hearing how the Patriots can't win without cheating. Might not make a difference though. I used to know somebody that still insisted black quarterbacks can't win super bowls even though he knew it happened. 

• Like 1

I just want Peyton to win another one so he doesn't need to throw for 70 TD's and 7,000 yards to feel good about himself next regular season.

I do think Peyton is still playing because lil Eli has more rings than him. Poor baby.

• Like 1

I was gonna root for the Seahawks until I watched Cindy yell at the TV for three hours willing the Niners to victory yesterday afternoon (her mom is a Niners fan going back to the Montana days). RUN IT IN KAEPERNICK! NO DON'T THROW IT! SHUT UP JOE BUCK YOU DOUCHE!

• Like 1

Panthers fans now hating the 49ers because of the trash talking is weird considering Carolina had no issue trash talking all season long. Don't think I saw the Carolina/Atlanta games or Carolina/New Orleans? I did.

It's not the trash talking itself, it's that SF was given that game by the worst officiating I've seen in a long time AND THEN they strut around like they really won that game.

• Like 1

Panthers fans now hating the 49ers because of the trash talking is weird considering Carolina had no issue trash talking all season long. Don't think I saw the Carolina/Atlanta games or Carolina/New Orleans? I did.

It's not the trash talking itself, it's that SF was given that game by the worst officiating I've seen in a long time AND THEN they strut around like they really won that game.

GIVEN?

I'm rooting for the Niners, since they're the only California team. Although Kaepernick's face makes it hard to root for them. My girlfriend asked why I wasn't rooting for the Chargers yesterday if I was rooting for a Cali team, bless her heart.

They were given the game by Can Newton throwing hilarious picks and Riverboat Ron failing to score from 1/2 a yard out. More than once.

Now you see why I said Carolina fans were shithouses.

I'll ignore the ad hominem stuff because I can consider the source, but I don't see how anyone can see the completely one sided officiating and not think that affected the outcome. Am I exaggerating their effects on the game? Maybe. But it was only a two score game, had Boldin occasionally gotten called for his bullshit, maybe it would have gone a different way.

I don't really like any of the potential match-ups from a rooting standpoint. I would prefer one of the two AFC teams to win, but I also don't like these rookie'ish QB's piling up L's in their Super Bowl record columns.

This is where Carolina and New Orleans making it would have been better - then I'd have rooted for Brady Manning to destroy either one of them without prejudice.

They were given the game by Can Newton throwing hilarious picks and Riverboat Ron failing to score from 1/2 a yard out. More than once.

I'll ignore the ad hominem stuff because I can consider the source, but I don't see how anyone can see the completely one sided officiating and not think that affected the outcome. Am I exaggerating their effects on the game? Maybe. But it was only a two score game, had Boldin occasionally gotten called for his bullshit, maybe it would have gone a different way.

Wait, what?! How would you even explain the TD pass that was initially ruled incomplete before the half? It took Coach Dickwad blowing his top to get what was an obvious TD to be reviewed.

Wait, what?! How would you even explain the TD pass that was initially ruled incomplete before the half? It took Coach Dickwad blowing his top to get what was an obvious TD to be reviewed.

Since it was under 2 minutes, it would have been a booth review, regardless of Harbaugh losing his shit.

The 15 yd helmet-to-helmet on Newton's sack was so egregiously bad as well.