DVDVR Message Board

POLL: What should the Members Ranking theme be?

DEAN

Theme for Member Ranks!  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What should Member Ranks Theme be?

• Moroni curse words from Johnny Dangerously- highest rank: You Farging Icehole!
    • Crappy Wrestling Belt Titles- highest rank: Western Heritage Title
    • Defunct Sports Teams- highest rank: Evansville Crimson Giant

I voted for the Moroni swear words, but wouldn't ex-drummers of spinal tap be a better one?

I can hardly wait for my ranking to be Eric "Stumpy Joe" Childs.

• John "Stumpy" Pepys (1964–1966) (Portrayed by Ed Begley, Jr. in the video "Gimme Some Money") Died in a bizarre gardening accident, that the authorities said was "best left unsolved."
  • Eric "Stumpy Joe" Childs (1966–1967) Choked on vomit of unknown origin, perhaps but not necessarily his own, because "you can't really dust for vomit."
  • Peter "James" Bond (1967–1977) (Portrayed by Russ Kunkel whose character was mistakenly credited as the name of the previous drummer) Spontaneously combusted on stage during a jazz festival on the Isle of Lucy.
  • Mick Shrimpton (1977–1982) (Portrayed by R. J. "Ric" Parnell) Exploded onstage.
  • Joe "Mama" Besser (1982) (Portrayed by Fred Asparagus). Claimed he "couldn't take this 4/4 shit"; according to an MTV interview with Spinal Tap in November 1991, he disappeared along with the equipment during their Japanese tour. He is either dead or playing jazz. The name is a play on that of Joe Besser, who similarly had a short-lived and ill-fitted stint as a member of The Three Stooges.
  • Richard "Ric" Shrimpton (1982–1999) Allegedly sold his dialysis machine for drugs; presumed dead.
  • Sammy "Stumpy" Bateman (1999-2001) Died trying to jump over a tank full of sharks while on a tricycle in a freak show.
  • Scott "Skippy" Scuffleton (2001–2007) Fate unknown.
  • Chris "Poppa" Cadeau (2007–2008) Eaten by his pet python Cleopatra.

If we go with defunct sports teams I will go all-out on naming them. Albany-Colonie Diamond Dogs! Mankato Purple Rage! ATLANTA KRUNK WOLVERINES! Y'all know where to vote on this one.

While I love all three - Moroni curse words offers the littlest amount of choices.

Anyway - we will let this run through the weekend to allow new folks to see it... and for us to break the board again.

I don't even know current sports teams, so I went with option B.

I just looked through a list of defunct wrestling championships and I think my favorite so far is the "i-Generation Australasian Championship", which was held by One Man Gang and Tatanka.

• Like 2

I already started the Moroni curses theme.  It was tied when I to it at 12:20.  All spellings are from IMDB quotes.  YOU FARGIN SNEAKY ICEHOLES!

• Like 1

I already started the Moroni curses theme.  It was tied when I to it at 12:20.  All spellings are from IMDB quotes.  YOU FARGIN SNEAKY ICEHOLES!

God bless you, knight, shining.

This is not the theme the board deserves, but the theme the board needs.

Your list of ranks to shoot for:

Bastage 0 

Sneaky Bastage 10

Fargin Sneaky Bastage 100 

Cork Soaker 300 

Somanabatch 500

Icehole 750

Fargin Icehole 1000

Miserable Corksoaker 1500

Miserable Fargin Icehole Corksoaker I'll Put Your Fargin Bells In a Sling 2500

• Like 4