DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network pontificating

Fat Spanish Waiter

Yeah, I haven't watched Dangerous Alliance/Vader era WCW since it happened. I mean, all I remember is that it was fucking awesome shit. Late 1991 WCW until the Hulkster comes in 1994 was such fun stuff.

I've never seen any Mid-South stuff (stopped buying DVDs because I realized I'll never have time to get through everything) so I definitely want to start watching that.

They own Georgia, right? I haven't seen any of that except for a bootleg comp a buddy gave me a few years ago. 

As of now, pretty much none of this has anything to do with the WWE network except for maybe they'll have the Mid South DVD on it and a couple of late 91-early 92 era WCW PPVs, of which the Dangerous Alliance stuff is good, but also pretty minimal without the weekly TV/Clashes.

So Sky TV in the UK have agreed a new 5 year deal to broadcast WWE TV shows - and all the PPV events will now be truly PPV as they will only be available on Sky Box Office.

I wonder how this will affect the rollout of the network there

Sky Sports News@SkySportsNews9 hrs

BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sports signs new 5-year deal from 2015 with WWE, including all events like Royal Rumble & Wrestlemania.

Yeah it would be interesting to see how much of Over the Limit 99 is shown and weird it is going to look if it is edited heavily

Technically they kept their word but I was hoping that some pre Barely Legal ECW shows would make the list.  But they are house shows.   I figure they will get added every now and then.   Also I guess the Crockett Cup and Great American Bash 85, 86, and 87 are considered "tape releases" and not PPV shows.

Yeah they were aired closed circuit at arenas, movie theaters, and maybe bars.   Don't know if you could watch Starcade or WM on one of those monster size satellite dishes at home but I figure you could given there size.

Not really related but I saw Wrestlemania 1 on free TV when I was a kid in West Virginia because the closed circuit location in Pittsburgh had problems and couldn't air it.  People we so pissed off that Vince decided to show it on a local channel.  Not sure if it was the full version though

When I was a kid "This Tuesday in Texas" was this bizarre-o unicorn of an event that nobody saw, but it felt like SO MUCH happened there. I can't wait to hit that up. Also, going to go through WCW from 1983 - Hogans arrival.

This is going to rule. A high-school/college dream come true.

Neither was the first Wrestlemania

WrestleMania WAS on PPV but to a very limited market.  Sports Illustrated's 1985 pro wrestling feature mentioned how fans could see the show live, closed circuit, or on PPV.

The Wrestling Classic was the first WWF show pushed as a PPV show.

When I was a kid "This Tuesday in Texas" was this bizarre-o unicorn of an event that nobody saw, but it felt like SO MUCH happened there. I can't wait to hit that up.

Angle-wise, the entire Randy Savage vs. Jake Roberts segment (pre-match, match, post-match, and post-interviews) are among the best 20-25 minutes the WWF ever did.

nice to see the entire run of ECW Hardcore TV will be on there.. I wonder if the 4-6 times per episode tape commercial for ECW Home Video will be kept.. you know, the one that kept promising "And uncut.. uncensored.. the night Kimona Wanalaya danced on top of the ECW Arena".

• Like 2