DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network pontificating

Fat Spanish Waiter

Meltzer says they're be putting stuff up and taking stuff off on a weekly basis just like their On Demand site and we're still be getting around 1% of their library. And if you don't have high speed internet, probably not a good idea.

Most everyone has high speed internet though. My original concern on this issue was HOW HIGH does it have to be? Now that I'm switching over to U-Verse and it's supposedly 12.0mbps (which still isn't a lot) I hope it will be enough...and I've been told that it will be enough. So we'll see.

For now. Wait until the telecoms start dicking with speeds and all that net neutrality mess goes their way.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/15-best-pay-per-views

So, WWE lists the 15 Best PPV's, which they say should be on the must watch when the Network launches.  And I'm actually pretty OK with that list.  Shit, its got Bash 89 and Spring Stampede 94 on the list.

yeah, my only problem is that Backlash 2001 isn't on there, which i feel is one of the best events ever. Then again, it's always overlooked so i didn't really expect to see it ranked.

not a bad list at all.

Backlash 2001 or 2000?

2001 by a wide margin.

had a main of Triple H & Austin vs Kane & Undertaker

plus Shane vs Big Show, Benoit vs Angle, Regal vs Jericho, Raven vs Rhino, and (on Heat) Jerry Lynn winning the Light Heavyweight Title

don't see how you can go wrong here.

2000 had Rock vs Triple H and Benoit vs Jericho, but nothing else really of note.

edit:

congrats to Niners fan for being top 5. after checking, i can confirm that i am in the top 126 for post count!

Dial up gets fucked over again

And my pile of AOL discs will continue to collect dust.

And let me tell you - there is no feeling in the world as great as opening up the DVDVR at an airport, with all of these gigantic moving image sigs of men in their underwear. Plenty of leg room!

• Like 2

http://www.wwe.com/classics/15-best-pay-per-views

So, WWE lists the 15 Best PPV's, which they say should be on the must watch when the Network launches.  And I'm actually pretty OK with that list.  Shit, its got Bash 89 and Spring Stampede 94 on the list.

yeah, my only problem is that Backlash 2001 isn't on there, which i feel is one of the best events ever. Then again, it's always overlooked so i didn't really expect to see it ranked.

not a bad list at all.

Backlash 2001 or 2000?

2001 by a wide margin.

had a main of Triple H & Austin vs Kane & Undertaker

plus Shane vs Big Show, Benoit vs Angle, Regal vs Jericho, Raven vs Rhino, and (on Heat) Jerry Lynn winning the Light Heavyweight Title

don't see how you can go wrong here.

2000 had Rock vs Triple H and Benoit vs Jericho, but nothing else really of note.

edit:

congrats to Niners fan for being top 5. after checking, i can confirm that i am in the top 126 for post count!

You're completely no-selling Malenko/Scotty 2 Hotty and Showster. SHOWSTER

CM Punk brings up an interesting point in his new interview with Ariel Helwani about how the talent is viewing the Network. He was basically questioning what is going to happen to his PPV bonus checks if they are basically pushing everyone to get the show on the Network for $9.99 a month.

What's the first PPV you're gonna watch on the network? I may watch the last ECW PPV and start going backwards on those, because I haven't watched much of the dying days of ECW.

Some early 90s WCW for me.

What's the first PPV you're gonna watch on the network? I may watch the last ECW PPV and start going backwards on those, because I haven't watched much of the dying days of ECW.

Think I'm gonna start with WrestleMania I, and do every thing through all 3 chronologically

And hope they put up the old Clash of the Champion's sooner rather than later.

I know I've spent sixty bucks more frivolously on shit I won't enjoy anywhere near as much. If it's anything like that old classics on demand where I can watch every Raw chronologically and watch all the superstars and wrestling challenge shit at will this will be the greatest bicep curl watchin' station of all eternity.

L.A. GORE LIVES

Some early 90s WCW for me.

Same for me - I haven't seen many of the early '90s stuff beyond BATB '98 and things here and there used on WWE comp discs.

Yeah, I haven't watched Dangerous Alliance/Vader era WCW since it happened. I mean, all I remember is that it was fucking awesome shit. Late 1991 WCW until the Hulkster comes in 1994 was such fun stuff.

I've never seen any Mid-South stuff (stopped buying DVDs because I realized I'll never have time to get through everything) so I definitely want to start watching that.

They own Georgia, right? I haven't seen any of that except for a bootleg comp a buddy gave me a few years ago. 

Yeah, I haven't watched Dangerous Alliance/Vader era WCW since it happened. I mean, all I remember is that it was fucking awesome shit. Late 1991 WCW until the Hulkster comes in 1994 was such fun stuff.

I've never seen any Mid-South stuff (stopped buying DVDs because I realized I'll never have time to get through everything) so I definitely want to start watching that.

They own Georgia, right? I haven't seen any of that except for a bootleg comp a buddy gave me a few years ago. 

As of now, pretty much none of this has anything to do with the WWE network except for maybe they'll have the Mid South DVD on it and a couple of late 91-early 92 era WCW PPVs, of which the Dangerous Alliance stuff is good, but also pretty minimal without the weekly TV/Clashes.

So Sky TV in the UK have agreed a new 5 year deal to broadcast WWE TV shows - and all the PPV events will now be truly PPV as they will only be available on Sky Box Office.

I wonder how this will affect the rollout of the network there

Sky Sports News@SkySportsNews9 hrs

BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sports signs new 5-year deal from 2015 with WWE, including all events like Royal Rumble & Wrestlemania.