DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network pontificating

Fat Spanish Waiter

It's shit. It's as big of a pile of shit as Pantera's Walk.

Fucking dumb 90s music.

The 70s and the 90s may have the highest highs and the lowest lows in the history of music.  I think 90s wrestling kind of mirrors the music of the decade.  Just in WWE you have the Austin/Rock/Hart/Michaels/Foley group and then you have Mabel/Warrior/Russo/etc.  I don't know if there is some sort of sociological law that says the only way to have greatness is if there is an equal amount of shit to go along with it.

This may have been answered before and if so, I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight.

When they say "every PPV" does this mean that it has to be shows that were actually broadcast as PPV or are the older closed circuit shows (early Starrcades among others) also available day 1?

This may have been answered before and if so, I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight.

When they say "every PPV" does this mean that it has to be shows that were actually broadcast as PPV or are the older closed circuit shows (early Starrcades among others) also available day 1?

This should help: http://www.wwe.com/inside/every-pay-per-view-on-wwe-network-26179147

This won't be the first thing I watch on the Network, but here goes...

When I was a kid I somehow picked May 4, 1979 and told everyone who would listen it was the first day I ever watched wrestling.  I don't know if its the actual date, but it was a Friday and that is when wrestling aired locally back then so I always stuck with it when I was younger.  Even into high school I'd buy myself something and celebrate it as my "anniversary".  This year that date falls on a weekend and will mark my 35th anniversary as a fan.  As long as family and office commitments do not interfere (they both come first), I plan on watching the two In Your House events I attended in person on Friday night (Hart vs. Bulldog and Taker vs. Austin).  Saturday will be a marathon of all 1989 WCW pay per views (my favorite year).  Sunday morning (May 4 itself)  I will watch the other non-Mania pay per view I attended in person (when Goldberg beat HHH) and then Sunday night I hope to attend Extreme Rules in person.  

Not counting travelling to Wrestlemania for the last 6 years, this will be my first true "wrestling weekend" since college so I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm sure i'll use the free trial at least and I'm jumping straight to the new content be it Legends House or whatever else. 

Actually, speaking on that, I'm curious how much we'll get at first. Will they follow the netflix format and put the whole season on at once or just an episode a week or what?

I'll probably watch Starrcade 86 or Great American Bash 86. I remember those were the first two wrestling vhs tapes I saw. One of my cousins had them (and knowing what I know about him now and how expensive those things were back then, I strongly suspect they "fell off the back of a truck") and I used to watch them a ton as a kid. Haven't seen them since.

I'll probably watch Starrcade 86 or Great American Bash 86. I remember those were the first two wrestling vhs tapes I saw. One of my cousins had them (and knowing what I know about him now and how expensive those things were back then, I strongly suspect they "fell off the back of a truck") and I used to watch them a ton as a kid. Haven't seen them since.

The list on wwe.com only has GAB events from 88 onwards, Starrcade's are there though. I'm starting to think I'll never see the 85 Bash uncut.

The list on wwe.com only has GAB events from 88 onwards, Starrcade's are there though. I'm starting to think I'll never see the 85 Bash uncut.

Bummer but makes sense as GAB was kind of a summer long tour thing in 86 and 87. I think the tape my cousin had consisted of clipped versions of these two cards:

July 5, 1986 in Charlotte, NC (Memorial Stadium)

July 26, 1986 in Greensboro, NC (Greensboro Coliseum)

WWE Velocity 2002-2003!

Good luck with that!

Here, take this 2005 Sylvan squash instead. Don't say I never gave you anything.

EDIT: I just found John Walters getting beaten to a pulp by Hardcore Holly. I think we need a WWE C Shows note too. 

How long was the video? My 85 VHS is an hour long, and apparently there's a shorter version.

I don't recall it being that long. Maybe an hour or so? I didn't mean that it had all of those matches on the tape. It seems that the tape I had consisted of a few matches from both of those nights as I remember the Dusty/Flair switch on that tape as well as one of those taped fist matches, Valiant shaving Paul Jones' head and a couple of others. I was about 7 years old so I may be misremembering things.

• Like 1