DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network pontificating

Fat Spanish Waiter

I'm watching anything with WarGames. Fuck everything else.

And hopefully I'll finally get to watch the Big Boss Man vs Hulk Hogan steel cage match from SNME that I missed as a kid because I was at a wedding reception. The one with the run in by Zeus.

• Like 1

And hopefully I'll finally get to watch the Big Boss Man vs Hulk Hogan steel cage match from SNME that I missed as a kid because I was at a wedding reception. The one with the run in by Zeus.

It's fantastic. You will not be disappointed. I think that might be the first SNME I ever saw. My Mom taped it for me and I watched the next day.

If someone watches OTE, regardless of editing, they are a terrible, terrible human being.

"I only watched it because I'm a collector, a completist!"

No, you're a schmuck on wheels with an internet connection.

aka: Pretty much the average person with an internet connection.

• Like 1

I'm fine with them putting an edited version of OTE up, I'm not really that easily offended by stuff, this included. I mean, it is a genuine part of WWE history. As long as it's tasteful and it'll most likely have a forward at the beginning explaining the situation.

If someone watches OTE, regardless of editing, they are a terrible, terrible human being.

"I only watched it because I'm a collector, a completist!"

No, you're a schmuck on wheels with an internet connection.

Is it really so horribly offensive to you? "Terrible, terrible human being"? If someone chooses to watch an edited version of a PPV where a tragic event happened, but is not shown, is that really an evil thing? I mean it seems pretty tame. I didn't see it at the time, I've never seen anything from OTE'99 since, I've no interest in watching it now either, but I can't say that somebody might watch it offends me.

• Like 1

I'm watching anything with WarGames. Fuck everything else.

Have you never seen the match?

What if they watch The Crow?

Same principle applies.

Is it really so horribly offensive to you? "Terrible, terrible human being"? If someone chooses to watch an edited version of a PPV where a tragic event happened, but is not shown, is that really an evil thing? I mean it seems pretty tame. I didn't see it at the time, I've never seen anything from OTE'99 since, I've no interest in watching it now either, but I can't say that somebody might watch it offends me.

It's not offensive to me, I didn't lose anyone. There is, however, a certain family in Canada that would find you to be a rather deplorable character.

I'm fine with them putting an edited version of OTE up, I'm not really that easily offended by stuff, this included. I mean, it is a genuine part of WWE history. As long as it's tasteful and it'll most likely have a forward at the beginning explaining the situation.

"Tasteful." Get the fuck out of here.

What if they watch The Crow?

Same principle applies.

It's not offensive to me, I didn't lose anyone. There is, however, a certain family in Canada that would find you to be a rather deplorable character.

"Tasteful." Get the fuck out of here.

Find me a deplorable character for not getting worked up that somebody out there might watch an edited version of OTE99? Yeah, sure, you don't find it offensive. You're being absurd.

I think that if they didn't switch the title to Taker at OTE '99 then it may not play, but, unfortunately, that gives it some kaybe historical importance.

And, honestly, if the whole selling point is that you get every PPV then you have to give them every PPV ever.

Not that the company should listen to morons, but look at how much people fucking bitch about Benoit being edited off stuff. People basically accuse the company of being communists that are ruining the sacred and glorious nature of the wrestling past.

If you start selective deleting things, then you just open a can of worms. If they don't one thing, then people will start to wonder why another shaky situation or performer is left in.

I mean, watching ANY Owen Hart match is sad because you can't forget what happened, but it's part and parcel of the company history. I imagine the Owen tribute show from Raw will inevitably be put up. Is that egregious too? Where does it stop?

Edit: I mean, does anyone think that the company is, like, happy to have the show on air? Does it paint the company in a good light? Is its inclusion REALLY going to add an extra 50,000 subscriptions? There's literally no upside for them doing this except they've apparently decided that the WWE Network is going to be a complete archive. I mean, there's going to be a lot of shit on this network that a PG publically-traded company would probably like to never see the light of day. Just wait until people wander across Steve Austin being crucified. It makes far better sense for them to edit things for their own protection, but that's not where they're going with this.

If it is going to be like Classics on Demand where most of the stuff has an expiration date, I hope it has a much longer shelf life than Classics did which was mostly 2 weeks and sometimes less than that.  I don't use Netflix so I don't know how it is currently used but i know that movies and TV shows on demand usually have at least a 2 or 3 month shelf life

I'm sad that they aren't putting all the Clashes up along with PPVs. I wasn't expecting all the B-shows, as much as I would have wanted them, because I get that there is a lot of secondary and tertiary material they aren't rushing to post. I mean, I did not have real hope to see every Worldwide be up at the beginning of the service (though I would LOOOOOOOVE to see every Worldwide from '88 to about '94), but Clashes are PPV-level shows. 

Yeah, Clashes were WCW's equivelant to SNME so I don't get not including them. I was always way more of a WWF fan so I was hoping to go back and watch the Clashes in chronological order - the only ones I remember seeing were the Steamboat-Flair one and one where they did a tag tourney but the partners were drawn at random. I'll still be in on the Network from day one but this news does disappoint me.

Are they going to open up signups early, or are we all going to end up trying to sign up at the same time and fuck everything up? I want it ready so I can switch over after Raw since you know they'll do something awesome like having Undertaker or The Hulkster out and make you switch to the network to see it.

Find me a deplorable character for not getting worked up that somebody out there might watch an edited version of OTE99? Yeah, sure, you don't find it offensive. You're being absurd.

No, what I'm not being is a tool. I saw OTE99, there wasn't a single decent match on that entire card. It's an entirely throwawayable PPV, even with the title switch. There's literally ZERO reason to watch it other than Owen's death. If you think that these people who are going to watch it are doing it for the "historical significance," then there's a bridge in Brooklyn I believe I can interest you in. Got paypal?

Edit: I mean, does anyone think that the company is, like, happy to have the show on air? Does it paint the company in a good light? Is its inclusion REALLY going to add an extra 50,000 subscriptions? There's literally no upside for them doing this except they've apparently decided that the WWE Network is going to be a complete archive. I mean, there's going to be a lot of shit on this network that a PG publically-traded company would probably like to never see the light of day. Just wait until people wander across Steve Austin being crucified. It makes far better sense for them to edit things for their own protection, but that's not where they're going with this.

THIS. They wouldn't lose a single fucking cent by not having OTE on the Network. Not ONE.

And for anyone that would get their panties tangled up if they didn't decide to air it, if "We are putting up every single show we own except for, you know, that one where a guy DIED right in the middle of it" isn't an acceptable answer to you, well, I can only trust that you're a disgusting enough person to lack the ability to attract a mate, so at least your gene pool doesn't survive past this generation.

I don't mind OTE being televised, I just don't see what they're gonna edit out. Nothing was shown, it happened during the video promo piece, when they came back the camera stayed locked on the announcers. The only thing they can edit out is the announcers telling you what happened.

This to me is In the same league with being a Nascar fan. As George Carlin said, "The only reason people go to these things is how often to you get to see guys die in fiery auto crashes and not be in them. Driving a car 200 mph in a circle does not impress me. "

Yeah, Clashes were WCW's equivelant to SNME so I don't get not including them. I was always way more of a WWF fan so I was hoping to go back and watch the Clashes in chronological order - the only ones I remember seeing were the Steamboat-Flair one and one where they did a tag tourney but the partners were drawn at random. I'll still be in on the Network from day one but this news does disappoint me.

Do we know if they're going to be putting up the SNME's? I'm sure they'll eventually start putting up the Clashes.