DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network pontificating

Fat Spanish Waiter

As I said the last time we were fantasy booking the WWE Network, they need to hop on the poker bandwagon.

Join us for DEAD MAN'S HAND, featuring the Undertaker and assorted WWE legends playing cards and shooting the shit for an hour.

I think far more likely would be video game tournaments with Kofi Kingston and apparently Titus..

I'd skip to 1:37 or so.

As I said the last time we were fantasy booking the WWE Network, they need to hop on the poker bandwagon.

Join us for DEAD MAN'S HAND, featuring the Undertaker and assorted WWE legends playing cards and shooting the shit for an hour.

I think far more likely would be video game tournaments with Kofi Kingston and apparently Titus..

I'd skip to 1:37 or so.

"I don't know what the greatest video game is, because from a young age, I read the encyclopedia from A to Y" God bless Maddox, and for turning the Konami Code into the millions of dollars dance!

I was listening to the Good Will Wrestling pod...  and our good friends, actually I think it was Bix who mentioned this... He said that WWE claims 800,000-1,000,000 households ordered between 2-3 PPVs in 2013.

If that's a legit number..   you'd think those people would just go with a subscription. I'm thinking of how many I ordered myself. I think I ordered 2 PPVs this past year but for the past five years or so I've really only been getting WrestleMania and watching other shows at a friend's house.

They are basically giving Mania away for free, since with the 30 day free trail, they watch it, and just not sign up after it's over. While many of the talent are wondering what this is going to do with their payday. 

They could bring back Tough Enough or some version of it, NXT doesn't count. I like the poker game idea, sounds interesting, but WWE doesn't mix babyfaces and heels.

I  just wish a better internet connection so I could sign up. 

Our cable company contacted us and asked if we wanted them to add the Netflix channel which will have off the features and functions of their regular site. I wondered why couldn't WWE do that? 

Wife is all excited about getting the ppvs. Since we couldn't afford them and then cut cable last year, we will now be able to watch them all live. Her and my oldest daughter are planning a little family Mania party and want to cook "wrestling food" and are going to attempt a wrestling themed cake. I cannot wait until the network starts and hope that there are no hiccups past the first few days.

They could bring back Tough Enough or some version of it, NXT doesn't count. I like the poker game idea, sounds interesting, but WWE doesn't mix babyfaces and heels.

It wouldn't be the current roster, just a bunch of legend types. Dusty, Sarge, Ron Simmons, Gerald Brisco, anyone who wants an easy payday to tell old stories under the pretext of playing cards. Sorta like "Sportswriters on TV" with a mic in the middle of an old poker table and smoke wafting around the room... that kind of atmosphere.

Wife is all excited about getting the ppvs. Since we couldn't afford them and then cut cable last year, we will now be able to watch them all live. Her and my oldest daughter are planning a little family Mania party and want to cook "wrestling food" and are going to attempt a wrestling themed cake. I cannot wait until the network starts and hope that there are no hiccups past the first few days.

Sounds like a good family life to me. What's "wrestling food" though? wings? pizza?

• Like 1

Sounds like a good family life to me. What's "wrestling food" though? wings? pizza?

Tequila sharpshooters

Juice

Pretzel Twists

Cauliflower w/ dip

Potatoes

Road Beef

• Like 2

ujex.jpg

wsv5.jpg

• Like 3

Wonder how long it will take to get the Memphis Wrestling and World Class Video libraries out to the public?  Those are what I want to see

Memphis is problematic because of rights issues. 

Yeah, there not being an actual library per se with the masters being all over the place.

The fact that none of the Indys have figured out away to profit off Youtube by now is kind of insane to me.  fit.

It's harder to monetize and profit than you think from Youtube. Of all the networks they launched in the past couple years, only a couple of them are even profitable.

Just like with music, I always thought TNA, ROH, and other indies should try to get their events on iTunes with an option to buy individual matches.

Who knows what she has in mind and what she thinks wrestling food will be.

I've always thought a Dinner for Five type show with one wreslter almost mediating (Colt Cabana would be good for it) while him and four other wrestlers (current and retired) shoot the shit over dinner.

Very much WWE Network related?

If I were to get a Roku Box, which would be the best option for me to do so?

The basic box is $50, the $60 box adds 1080p output, the $80 box adds a headphone jack on the remote, and the $100 box adds some other bells and whistles (ethernet port, card slot, motion-sensitive remote) that'll have nothing to do with WWE Network. If it were me, I'd get the $60 box. WWE Network is only going to be in 720p, but I'd assume that if I had the Roku, I might use it for other stuff.

I was excited to hear that the Network would be offered on the Roku. I picked one up a month or so ago and love it. Sam's Club has a Roku3 bundle that includes the Roku, remote, hdmi cable and a month of free Hulu+ for $75.00. I recommend the 3 as it has a YouTube channel that none of the previous versions support.

I don't have cable and currently subscribe to Hulu+ solely for the WWE content. I get RAW, Smackdown, Superstars, NXT and Main Event the day after the air. They also have a couple seasons of WWECW on there. With the WWE Network carrying all of these shows, I can cancel my Hulu+ subscription ($8.99/month) which makes the Network even a sweeter deal for me.

You can also use the Chromecast, but in my experience casting tabs from the Chrome browser can be laggy (this depends on the hardware of the pc running Chrome) compared to streaming a supported app directly from Chromecast.