DVDVR Message Board

Nah, Tommy's just been brain damaged to the point that he sees Abyss places he wasn't.

Which I can think of dozens of hilarious scenarios for, but we'll skip to him plowing Beulah and her turning around with Abyss' face and doing the arm cross pose

• Like 3

Ken Shamrock!

He puts himself in the top 10% of UFC fighters if he were fighting today, he turned 50 this year. Also thinks highly of how he'd rank if he wrestled today. Then lots of talk about his kids sporting pursuits

oh man,, the Ken Shamrock story of growing up is intense.. holy shit, i'm guessing a good portion of it has been known before.. but yeah..

Um.. Ken Shamrock is essentially posthumously outing Bob Shamrock as an exclusive? okay..

• Like 1

I think I am going to call B.S. on Dreamer's signing Abyss to work Taker at Mania X-9 story.

Abyss was still an NWA Wildside/indie guy at that point. I don't think he debuted with TNA until late 03 or 2004.

Just a minor correction, he made his TNA debut on their first PPV show in that battle royale as Prince Justice.  I believe it was a few months later he came back as Abyss

• Like 1

I think I am going to call B.S. on Dreamer's signing Abyss to work Taker at Mania X-9 story.

Abyss was still an NWA Wildside/indie guy at that point. I don't think he debuted with TNA until late 03 or 2004.

I would guess he meant 05-06, probably 05 for WM 21, as there were rumors of Abyss heading to WWE at the beginning of 05 then he just made a surprise return at the TNA PPV that month. As you said, he wasn't Abyss in TNA until summer of 03 plus I don't think Dreamer was in talent relations until 2004.

I just got caught up to the Daniels interview today.  If the WWE isn't interested in him as an in-ring performer they should consider him as a color commentator.  A bright, witty guy.  The funniest part of the podcast when Austin (who has all outdoorsy hobbies) demands to know what Daniels does when he's not wresting.  "You can't go buy comic books every day!"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Shamrock episodes were funny to me because about every so-called "shoot" promotion he was in, when asked if it was a shoot, Ken's reply seemed to start with "yeah, but". Every time.

Everything was either everything but the finish was a shoot or they asked him to carry guys to make it entertaining or whatever. There's a name for a worked shoot, Ken. It's called a work.

considering the SyFy movies lately, i'm kinda surprised they haven't started casting Austin in movies for that network.

Stone Cold Steve Austin could play an evil scientist who unleashes sharks on Shark Boy on people in a future SyFy movie

considering the SyFy movies lately, i'm kinda surprised they haven't started casting Austin in movies for that network.

Stone Cold Steve Austin could play an evil scientist who unleashes sharks on people in a future SyFy movie

Austin vs the PED rats from the Broken Skull Ranch.

• Like 1

OK, let's see how we can SyFy this sucker up for a pitch meeting.

So we're going to round out our cast.  We need some combo of mix, we'll need a female, someone from the 80's, a former pop singer, maybe someone who had a few good movies to their credit but have fallen on hard times and is really slummin' it.

Stone Cold Steve Austin and Ralph Macchio are two Texas Rangers on patrol when they get an emergency call from a dude ranch for orphans run by Amy Grant.  They discover an horde of PED Rat Men rampaging in the area, part of a military super weapon program run by Peter Fonda that got loose and are now trying to cover it up.  We'll have a running gag of Macchio constantly being seen waxing their truck.  Stone Cold impaling a rat man with a crucifix and advising them "It's about time we had a come to Jesus meeting."  We get stunner mania and a crane kick and the internet jizzes its pants.

Texas Rangers vs. Texas Rat-men.  coming to SyFy in 2015.

• Like 17