DVDVR Message Board

Where would ECW be today if someone who was either competent with money or doesn't care about losing it had purchased the company from Paul E. in the late 90s? Imagine if Panda Energy had decided to buy a wrestling company in 1998 (and Dixie stayed away). They're perfectly cool with bleeding money.

I hate being nostalgic for something that died so long ago but I Fuckin loved ECW. I wrote emails for the ppvs and I drank gallons of koolaid. Like everyone says, they were packing shows! I mean they lost tv so that was the last nail but you would think today ECW could've survived in an online medium. Paul Heyman really is a cocksucker.

On a side note a lot of my lapses fan friends are getting back into stuff with watching the ppvs on the network with me and they never really saw ECW. It's impossible to explain what it was like, definitely a had to be there thing but I do smile when RVD comes out and he gets the old ECW chants

Questions and Answers

Also, Ken Shamrock interview impending.

And he quoted Mitch Hedberg on Big Foot

Spray-tans backstage! Arn on spray-tans!

The Stone Cold Tall Tale about his 147mph first pitch

Stone Cold's gonna watch the World Cup next year too

Nobody tell Austin that the WWE signed KENTA, he answered a KENTA question and talked about Kenta Kobashi

Also, he alerted me to the fact that the Fountain of Blood match with Muta and Kabuki isn't on YouTube any more. Someone contact your favorite YT degenerate to tell them to upload that match again

So, add Tommy Dreamer to the list of people Vince forgot had left the company?

Stone Cold's real talk with Dreamer on memory loss/concussions is..... something else.

Of course Matt Striker is a sex pervert

And we didn't get Undertaker/Abyss at WM19 because Abyss backed out, or so Dreamer says

• Like 1

So, add Tommy Dreamer to the list of people Vince forgot had left the company?

He became a lot less important to the company when he gave up his office job to go back on the road.

Good for Steve for calling Tommy on his bullshit about not feeling the effects of all those years of stupid bumps and chair shots. Tommy might love the business more than anyone but at this point in his life that's probably a detriment.

the scary thing about the concept of Dreamer having brain damage is that if you didn't know he was a Wrestler, you probably wouldn't suspect him of having concussion problems from hearing him talk.

Austin has some memory quirks as well.

Although I listened to the Flair interview recently, and Flair came off like a relative at a family gathering who would update you on the events of all their friends and assorted other relatives and what sort of surgeries they recently had or how many limbs they've lost to diabetes

A lot of people who have done a lot in life often have memory quirks that aren't necessarily related to concussions. I'm not saying Austin's memory stuff is or isn't related to concussions, but I feel like with a lot of guys who had a big run in wrestling, even from an office perspective, have memory issues unless they have a noted photographic memory like JJ Dillon.

EDIT:

Paul Heyman most likely lying in the Wrestling Name Game is tremendous.

I think I am going to call B.S. on Dreamer's signing Abyss to work Taker at Mania X-9 story.

Abyss was still an NWA Wildside/indie guy at that point. I don't think he debuted with TNA until late 03 or 2004.