DVDVR Message Board

Austin's hesitance to be overly negative on steroids was a little surprising.

Dude had Stan Efferding on his show, and is a fan of powerlifting and bodybuilding, I'm not too surprised. People who are fans of those sports are generally more supportive of steroids than average. I found it a bit off that Rogers said his injuries were caused by steroids even though it is probable that wrestling and bumps had a greater effect. I am surprised that Austin kind of publicly condoned steroids by saying that's a big decision you have to make once your 21 instead of outright saying not to take steroids like Rogers did.

Can we crowdfund an Oliver Stone JFK-esque film starring Stone Cold researching the Stossel incident?

steve-austin.jpg?w=600

This is a screen grab from when he discovers it wasn't actually Dr D who hit Stossel the second time

• Like 2

I feel like I could hear Austin holding himself back from trying to reach through the screen and smack Bauer around.

Any particular time you felt that way?

It was a solid episode though.

Yall need to listen to those Big Vader shows too.

Just whenever Bauer would drop all the smarky insider language and then when he said he didn't enjoy Taker-Michaels at Wrestlemania because he felt they were too broken down by that point.

This was one of my favorite shows he has had so far. The advice Gary hart gave him concerning Heyman was classic

Care to elaborate?

Court following him to the restroom and grabbing his ponytail bashing his head against the wall while at the urinal

I wonder how aware Austin is of Russo's post WWF booking.  I mean, he's mentioned before he rarely saw WCW during the Monday Night Wars (for fairly obvious reasons) and I don't know that he was ever that big a follower of TNA.

To Austin, it's very possible Russo's only legacy is as the head writer of the wildly successful attitude era where Ol' Stone Cold was the biggest star in the history of the business.

I listened to the Jim Ross episode from a couple weeks ago last night. Off the cuff JR is the best. The part about him saying how quit smoking cold turkey was pretty good and then there was the absurdity of a anti smoking person telling him he should quit even though he did six months earlier.

The part that had me laugh was when he said he contemplated taking a polaroid of Andre The Giant in the shower for some woman for $100 and then thought better of it. "Hey I'm only making $25 a week...Mr. Giant could you turn around for a minute".

Vince Russo!

They haven't seen each other since 1999. Vince Russo wasn't much of a South person, surprise!

Vince Russo talking about Southern accents!

Austin and Russo are huge into KISS. Then a long-ass discussion about KISS. Ok.

Russo is one of those guys who knew wrestling wasn't real when he was 12. And he thought Dusty/King Curtis was too bloody and violent when he saw a show in Florida back in the day. Then he hated getting questions about his job in wrestling from friends, causing him to be a loner.

Vince talking going to school in Indiana, meeting his wife, getting his video store crushed by blockbuster and going to wrestling and associating with the 'dark side' of guys who associated with Meltzer. The timeline gets a bit blurry around the Johnny Rodz stories (he kept saying 1983, he meant early 1990s).

Then Russo claims that Bill Watts got him on creative. Right. His first meeting was on the day of the OJ Verdict. Ok then.

Then he claims that Eric Bischoff called him around 1997 and he had a conversation and felt guilty then segues into the South Africa RAW story.

Then he goes over writing RAWs, and i'm sure it's a healthy mix of truth and bullshit..

nice cliffhanger. Next week: more Russo

• Like 1

So did you enjoy the interview?

I've heard the bit about Russo and Watts before. I think Russo said that when Watts was first hired, he hadn't gotten a legit office yet and was working by Russo's. Watts would watch tapes of the shows at the time and Russo would sit in with him and amazingly, Watts took a liking to Russo.

Assuming that's not BS, I think it's amazing that Bill FN Watts is the person responsible for getting Vince Russo involved in wrestling's creative side.

So did you enjoy the interview?

I've heard the bit about Russo and Watts before. I think Russo said that when Watts was first hired, he hadn't gotten a legit office yet and was working by Russo's. Watts would watch tapes of the shows at the time and Russo would sit in with him and amazingly, Watts took a liking to Russo.

Assuming that's not BS, I think it's amazing that Bill FN Watts is the person responsible for getting Vince Russo involved in wrestling's creative side.

Oh good, another reason to hate Bill Watts.

In all fairness, though, I'm sure if you were to ask Watts about Russo now, the reply would be "Who?"

Russo's comment about guys with Southern accents not getting over is the dumbest thing he's ever said. Putting aside wrestling, how many television/movie stars have Southern accents and are successful. How many athletes?

HOW MANY  PRESIDENTS WERE ELECTED WITH DEEP SOUTHERN ACCENTS?

I mean, there's a bit of a stigma towards people with southern drawls but the idea that it's some deal breaker is such a close-minded East mindset that doesn't really jive with reality. .