DVDVR Message Board

Waltman's story (in part one) about Brian Christopher taking El Hijo del Santo's mask out of his bag and wearing it to lunch was... interesting. Seems like the kind of thing that would get you shanked in Mexico.

I'd say... Especially a little mucker like Brian Christopher...
 Same here. I was thinking there's no way in hell he'd have done that in Mexico but could get away with it b/c he was in the WWF.
Of course, Waltman did plenty of bad stuff while in Mexico too.

Waltman's story (in part one) about Brian Christopher taking El Hijo del Santo's mask out of his bag and wearing it to lunch was... interesting. Seems like the kind of thing that would get you shanked in Mexico.

I'd say... Especially a little mucker like Brian Christopher...
 Same here. I was thinking there's no way in hell he'd have done that in Mexico but could get away with it b/c he was in the WWF.
Of course, Waltman did plenty of bad stuff while in Mexico too.

Oh I'm sure he did. I was more saying that grabbing a guy's mask out of his bag and parading around with it as a prank in Mexico would've had way more dire consequences for someone than it would in the WWF.

Went back and listened to the Trish Stratus episode.  I really liked that one as Trish seems pretty genuine and happy with the her choices in and out of the "squared circle".  I was surprised she didn't include Mickie James in her favorite opponents to work matches with , I thought those were some of her better matches

Since I was travelling last week and not following the podcasts, was there no Unleashed last week?  I heard the Waltman episode before I left.

Last week's Unleashed was part two of the Waltman interview. 

Since I was travelling last week and not following the podcasts, was there no Unleashed last week?  I heard the Waltman episode before I left.

Last week's Unleashed was part two of the Waltman interview. 

Ah, I could have swore I heard a part 1 and part 2 on waltman, I guess I was wrong.

Awwww.... I hope he reschedules Regal for another interview.  It sounded like he's going to be in Tejas for 2 months, so I'm guessing he'll try to be building a backlog of shows.

Pritchard was pretty fun.

As a side note, the Colt interview of George South is pretty fun too.

• Like 1

Just listened to the Colt episode last night, was very good. Just like being a fly on the wall with two guys bullshitting. The Jonny Ace comment about having a hole in the tights was something - Austin clearly didn't approve. 

• 2 weeks later...

the 2 part of Bruce pritchard interview was my favorite show so far. The story about the guy at the gas station. His impressions of Vince and Pat.

Now i want Pat Patterson on the Steve Austin show just to talk about finishes (lol)

Austin is such great host and his still a huge mark and he isnt afraid to show it

Did they talk about Montreal as advertised? Would be interested to hear Austin's take on it considering he acknowledges Bret has being a HUGE factor in launching his career, and obviously Vince gave him the platform. Ahead of time I assume Steve was mute on the subject though. 

Did they talk about Montreal as advertised? Would be interested to hear Austin's take on it considering he acknowledges Bret has being a HUGE factor in launching his career, and obviously Vince gave him the platform. Ahead of time I assume Steve was mute on the subject though. 

Yep. Just Prichard's take.

The Samoa Joe one was good. He had to ft great getting put over by Austin like that. The disgust is Austin's voice when asking if the guys are playing video games in the TNA locker room was hilarious.

This has happened a couple of times now. I guess if my kids go into wrestling I'd rather they be playing video games in their down time rather than snorting cocaine like in other time periods.