DVDVR Message Board

It sure was disappointing when Tori said all those racist things during that sex tape and was erased from the entire existence of Saved By The Bell.

Back to the Austin show, it's been a while since i've popped in, but I am making the Vampiro episode a priority this week. I always like when two wrestlers who never really worked with each other shoot the shit. There's a freshness in that each guy in those situations usually ends up excited for different perspective and that they might actually hear some road stories that are new to them. Those Cornette/Heenan shoots from years ago are some of my favorite shoots for that reason, two guys that respect each other but never really got to work with each other developing a rapport and shooting the shit. Oh And the look on Heenan's face as Cornette describes what Mantaur is to him.

"Brother I was working 30-35 times a week!"

That plus Vamp saying that he was doing jobs in Montreal as a teenager but later saying that he had never bumped before when he got to Mexico, definitely set off my BS detector.

Austin's reply of "You working me or is that a shoot?" to Vampiro's claim of pulling off a robbery to afford the trip to Mexico made me laugh.

Vamp's whole story about being kidnapped by the Mexican police he trained in Krav Maga (I think?) is pretty far fetched. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying everything he says sounds suspect

That was the best part. I love Vampiro's tall tales. He's like his own Bill Brasky! Or that guy in that one episode of The Twilight Zone that's always bullshitting about his past until aliens abduct him thinking he's the most fascinating man on the planet. We know if Vamp goes missing, it's either his own trained team coming back for vengeance or aliens.

• Like 2

Listening to Kelly Kelly speaking as if she was a great worker makes my stomach hurt.

She's Eva Marie's inspiration. I eagerly await Eva dedicating her big win over Bayley at the next TakeOver to the great Kelly Kelly

In my experience, the majority of wrestlers think they are/were great workers. You don't find many people who are all like "yeah, I sucked".

The one thing Vampiro is honest about. :D
Weirder still, some good workers say it about themselves; Barry Windham, for one inexplicably insecure example. A wrestler's actual skills rarely seem to correspond with their opinion of said skills, whether positive or negative. Abdullah the Butcher is one of the most limited, most selfish, least dynamic workers who's ever been in any ring ever; but listen to any shoot interview with the guy, and he NEVER stops with the "nobody could follow me!" bullshit.
  • Like 1