DVDVR Message Board

Coincidentally started listening to this today. Never thought I would ever hear Austin being a huckster.

Be sure to put in the slash steve to get your discount!

Scott Hall interview is a must listen. Hall sounds really good too, very lucid and really seems to be on his game with remembering things. Some interesting stuff on the creation of the Diamond Studd/Razor character and a great story on him wrestling with Dick Murdoch in Japan. I find the Curtain Call to be one of the more overblown events ever, but hearing Hall discuss how Patterson laid out the MSG match with Hall and Hunter is fascinating.

Man, Austin is already like the best wrestling interviewer around. It's great listening to interviews that don't revolve around how so and so was buried, the fact that Vince likes big dudes over small dudes, how weird the McMahons are, or how much WCW/TNA/ROH etc sucked. I can go a long time without hearing those topics hashed over.

But yeah, fantastic podcast. Austin has always been a great talker, but you can tell he's really putting a lot into this. Love the personal stuff and the funny anecdotes, and, man, does he sound like the smartest dude around when it comes to wrestling knowledge. Makes you kind of wish he was a little more involved in mentoring or assisting guys coming up, though I have a hunch his opinions and the current mindset in WWE probably don't gell.  I figure he's our best shot of one day hearing Vince McMahon shooting the shit on a podcast too.  

Austin is going to be shooting the shit with Little Jeannie about GLOW soon, which is one of the more surreal things. IF THERE'S ONE THING I CAN'T STAND...IT'S WHEN BIG BAD MOMMA USED HER VOODOO TO HYPTONIZE SOMEBODY.

• Like 7

Has anyone seen Scott Hall's son wrestle?  Sitting around reviewing his matches with his dad, Jake Roberts, and Diamond Dallas Page sounds about as good as a situation a young wrestler can be in, especially since Hall and Jake seem to be in their right minds these days.  Scott Hall was one of my favorite wrestlers as a kid, and I'm glad to see that he seems to be getting over his demons.  He sounded like a completely different person from the guy in that E60 segment from a couple of years back. 

Bear with me, this is going to be random.  I want to know who Steve Austin hangs out with.  He comes off as the everymanliest dude on earth, and that helps with the enjoyment of the podcast.  Seriously he could be one of those dudes in those Applebees/Olive Garden/T.G.I.Fridays commercials that seems to have a friend of every race and laughs at every joke. 

The Scott Hall interview was Steve's best show yet.  Hall sounds really good as well.  His stories were all pretty good, and it really doesn't seem like he bullshits a lot.  The story about Vince coaching him through the curtain really gives you some insight on how well Vince ran things.  Great interview....can not wait for part 2. 

That is a big fucking kid.  I think he needs to stop wearing his dad's gear.  WWE should pick him up if/when he is ready.  Give him a monster gimmick and see what happens.

Yeah, the first thing I thought when I started the video was, "If nothing else, he is fucking huge."  He is obviously super green, but it makes me optimistic that the match started with a chain wrestling sequence and not just going immediately into a spotfest.  Other than that, his chokeslam and Razor's Edge looked pretty good and much like his father he seems to be a big guy who is willing to bump around and sell for a smaller guy.  In a year or two if he is willing to put in the work, I think he could end up being pretty good.  Thanks for the link.

Now I want to go back and watch some early Razor squashes to see if I can spot the edits.  Also, I want to track down some of Hall's stuff with Murdoch.

Razor talking slowly used to bug me as a youngster so I guess Vince was right about it being heelish.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen Scott Hall's son wrestle? 

http://youtu.be/7b1xsxC0c50

From about 2 weeks ago vs Adrian Hawkins from Anarchy Wrestling from Georgia

EDIT: I thought it would embed, per RIPPA's instructions, but alas, that's the link to the video

Here ya go.

I'll go along with everyone else- the Hall interview is REALLY good. He sounds great under the hideous circumstances he's put himself through... it gives me some hope that he can finally turn his life around for good.

Add me in for the Hall interview love... sip of beer for the working man... its fantastic.

For me the Ted Fowler episode is my favourite to date, just Stone Cold and his buddy shooting the proverbial about a variety of things, the ethics of hunting, gay marriage, road trips.  Just fantastic.

I want Ted Fowler to come and fix my house!

Oh, Hall mentioning about Vince and Pat "sitting by the pool booking the territory" months in advance is such an awesome visual. For all the hell stories about the WWE creative process, I like the idea of McMahon and Patterson slamming beers by a pool and plotting out like Shawn Michaels' first WWF title win.

Agreed about the ol' days with Vince and Pat booking by the poolside. I guess there's too much TV/too many variables for that to still happen (not to mention Vince being older and Pat not being in the creative process anymore) and it's a shame because I'd love to be a leaf in the pool during those meetings.

I've been trying to keep listening to these in order, but when I saw GLOW, I figured that was too bizarre not to get a listen to.

Austin doing the GLOW Super Bowl Shuffle Rap = My head S'PLODE.