DVDVR Message Board

I think the Brian Knobbs interview was way better than the Daniel Bryan interview.  Knobbs is like that guy who always keeps in touch with everyone, and even though he is a giant pain in the ass he is still friends with everyone he ever met....except Ken Shamrock.

I thought the Knobbs one started out pretty boring and then picked up.  The audio quality was horrible (which Austin explained), but the talk got really good. The Hennig-pooing-in-an-air-freshener bit was fantastically disgusting.  I do find it funny that most "ribs" are just some guy shitting on something. 

One thing that interested me about the Knobbs ep was that Austin actually initiated a conversation about Hogan.  It's been mentioned in this thread that the only guy he's even remotely badmouthed on the show is Johnny Ace in one off-hand comment.  But you'll notice that every time someone brings up Hogan, Austin just gets kind of quiet and moves along to the next topic.  Always thought that was a "if you don't have anything nice to say..." situation.  So it was kind of interesting to hear him bring up Hulkamania.

It was also funny that Knobbs was clearly gassed and breathing all heavy at the end of the interview.

My favorite story was him talking about how they tried to make The Pit Stop as disgusting as possible. 

I dont know what austin's relationship is like now with jeannie clark, but i would love to hear him discussing the feud with chris and toni adams vs austin and jeannie.

One of my favorites lines ever "she was born on a shrimp boat." - jeannie, discussing toni

If i was a guest on Austin's show, i dont know if i would bring up the Owen piledriver. And not put over how devastating it looked, like DB did.

I thought he put it over all right. Though I agree it was nuts to bring up.

He totally put over how devastating it looked. He said that he got a stinger doing the dropkick he always does and at least Austin got injured by a move that looked as devastating as it was.

I'm so happy Tommy Dreamer saved that.

With regards to DB, I don't think he'll ever achieve great success because he's almost too humble and isn't ever going to do what Punk did in grabbing the company by the balls.

Taz said he wasn't into wrestling when he was little, but he got into it because he needed a job.  It would seem the lie detector determined...that was a LIE!!!

InsideWrestlingMay78LilTazPenPal.jpg

Yeah, you don't even need to read the caption, that kid LLLLOOOOVVVEEEESSSSS wrestling. 

• Like 1

If i was a guest on Austin's show, i dont know if i would bring up the Owen piledriver. And not put over how devastating it looked, like DB did.

I thought he put it over all right. Though I agree it was nuts to bring up.

He totally put over how devastating it looked. He said that he got a stinger doing the dropkick he always does and at least Austin got injured by a move that looked as devastating as it was.

"At least you hurt your neck from a tough move and not a dropkick"

So was Daniel Bryan the first to bring up that piledriver on the show or has it come up a few times before?