DVDVR Message Board

Dusty on Dick Murdoch..."He isn't a racist he just had his beliefs.  I was dealing with different types of people and he was dealing with redneck Dick Murdoch."  Translation:  "He was my friend and I'm not going to throw him under the bus."  Dusty comes off like a guy who once your his guy he's never going to turn his back on you.  I could literally listen to him talk all damn day.

Austin is on Colt's podcast this week too

Awesome episode. Stone Cold comes off as such a cool cat, treating colt as and equal and being incredibly modest. I would love to listen to stone cold's suggestion that he and colt do audio commentary over old matches.

Have you heard Dusty's first shoot interview, he comes across as dark and unpleasant in real life. 

yeah, and unlike Waltman, Dusty might not exactly be as willing to just spill that out over and over

I'm really not judging him for it. It makes me admire him as a performer more. 

It is remarkable how he can switch gears to be what he needs to be. He can be serious working class hero Dusty or fun loving dancing Dusty and both seem genuine,.

He did commentary for the one hour match Flair and Barry Windham had on Worldwide in 87 and he plays it completely differently than he he would years later on da mothership. But in both cases he got both the wrestlers and the stories over. 

I think Punk will be on there, just a matter of time.  Austin did get Colt's number from Punk so who knows?

I'm looking forward very much to the Daniel Bryan one.  He also hinted a couple other current WWE guys being on the show.  I'm really curious who's coming in the future.  Also, it might be a good idea in the long run he did the tame Tuesday version separate from the vulgar Thursday version.  If that means more current WWE people then I'm a 1000% all for it.

the Pillman talk is very interesting.

also left unsaid in the Bret part is that sure Bret would have dropped to Austin, but Austin was fucked health wise through Montreal (IIRC), to the point where his title match was like 4 minutes long. So if Austin doesn't get hurt at Summerslam, a lot is different in the short term

The Wade Keller interview is so fascinating to listen to. Vince calling Wade to find out what's going on with Austin smells a little funny, but it could be true. All the talk of creative is great though, and it really makes me wish Austin were brought in to head up creative. I'm sure he'd get his legs cut out from under him, but he'd help for a bit probably.

I don't know why I didn't realize this before, but Austin seems like the nicest guy in the business. I always thought he was a little aloof, but it turns out that he's seemingly friends with everyone and everyone loves the guy.