DVDVR Message Board

That clip is so accurate in that it explained nothing and I wish I hadn't watched it. Can you explain how it is wise to write off millions of dollars in a venture that seems unprofitable?

Tread lightly, dude, that's Seinfeld you're shitting on.

It's more valuable to the company to keep Dixie in her own unprofitable wing rather than allowing her to ruin any of the profitable portions of the business. They can afford it.

Seinfeld was never good in my opinion and the clip, while I'm glad others found it amusing, did not help in the discussion and was a waste of my time to watch.

Instead of letting her do anything, why not simply remove her? I know a girl who got fired a month ago because she broke $60,000 of material on the job. Why would you let this woman bleed out millions over a decade? Would it not be cheaper just to not spend the money at all or stick it in a basic savings account where it will actually earn money? Isn't there a board that would confront her Dad if it was just nepotism keeping her there?

I'm not a fiance guy, so I'm not in the know about how all the write off stuff works but Dave Meltzer said it best, and I'm paraphrasing here, "After all this (the Spike cancellation I think), who in the world would want to work with these people?"

The Raven ep. was pretty good, will never get tired of Raven going off on a tangent about something then end up contradicting his initial viewpoint.

"ahhh work rate is so over rated and todays guys should get back to basics Steve, there's not enough charisma and selling in today's wrestling, you know Jake Roberts had all the gaga, and Ricky Morton too, he was one of the best at selling, but then Ricky Morton also had the work rate and the fire and so did Shawn Michaels and that's why today's wrestlers need the work rate"...

Wonderful.

Seinfeld was never good in my opinion and the clip, while I'm glad others found it amusing, did not help in the discussion and was a waste of my time to watch.

Good news, everybody! We don't have to listen to this guy anymore!

• Like 3

That actually would have been really cool I bet. But assuming they brought him in before WM XIX we could've also gotten Sting vs. Angle, 

We did get Sting vs Angle, a few times. Angle did a 450 double kneedrop (that was supposed to be a splash, but didn't make it)! They missed a baseball bat catch spot and Sting got nailed in the forehead with the bat, bled hardway and no-sold it. It was awesome!

There was also an empty arena match between them. They showed the crowd standing in the corridor, watching it on monitors. The Impact Zone looks titchy without the crowd to fill it up. Smaller than the living room in my Dad's old house he used to have.

• Like 1

Ban, please.

I see the maturity around here is still at Reddit levels despite the fact this board has been around since before Reddit.

Ban, please.

I see the maturity around here is still at Reddit levels despite the fact this board has been around since before Reddit.

Ebbie?

I'm going to be honest, I'm not even sure I knew she was a she.I just assumed she was a dude who really, really liked Wade Barrett. qtLDIyM.jpg

Anyway, I wish I were more specific on the Sting/Angle stuff being in WWE. I wasn't an avid TNA viewer, but I really enjoyed their matches I saw in TNA, especially the triple threat with Christian. But like everything in TNA, the atmosphere just isn't there. And I can't quite explain it, given that NXT is in a small building too and is one of the best hours of TV today. Its such an intangible-- something that exists outside of match quality, or shitty booking or bad commentary or whatever ones criticism might be. And thank you for the tip on that empty arena match, too, I'll have to give it a watch.

Same goes for Sting/Foley. Loved the Beach Blast match obviously, and thoroughly enjoyed the TNA cage match for what it was, but to see them do it on a bigger stage would've really added to the proceedings.

I dont know why I feel this way and can't just enjoy the TNA stuff. Maybe I've been subliminally buying into the whole "moments" shit that WWE has been selling for the last decade. Or maybe I just like watching guys work in front of big crowds in big buildings, letting things breathe a little more, Im not sure

Brock podcast just didn't work, like Sabu's podcast with Jericho it really lacked any sort of substance and Austin cut Brock off way too much mid-sentence, the network platform is way too overproduced in comparison to Austin's podcastone shows. I felt Brock was getting more and more withdrawn and distanced with his answers as the interview rolled along which led me to believe there would be some seeds planted for Austin/Brock at Mania but it never happened, underwhelmed but it is what it is.

Brock's great in small bursts, but nothing feels like a bigger waste of time than a "shoot" where the interviewee doesn't remember or care about large chunks of their career (I remember a godawful one with Scott Steiner along these lines). Plus, ever since the HHH interview, it's obvious they're telling Austin to limit the shoot stuff and give it more of a talk-show feel. I'll be honest, I'll probably check this thread before I watch the next post-Raw Austin podcast to see if it's worth a damn. The last few have been weak, especially since I've been going back and listening to the older Austin/Jericho podcasts on itunes.

I kinda appreciate Brock's honesty. Everybody always kayfabes the "I love the business, I always loved the business" element but that's statistically impossible. No chance everyone loves the business. Does it make great radio? No, but it probably beats "Yeah, at WM20, I don't know that Bill and I clicked. He's a great pro and I am who I am, but it just didn't work." At least "I didn't give a shit" is legitimate.

Herring made a comment along the lines of "I've beaten pro-wrestlers before (meaning Giant Silva), this guy is no different" completely underestimating Brock's pedigree. I think he'd have given Brock more of a fight if he'd actually taken him seriously

Brock podcast just didn't work, like Sabu's podcast with Jericho it really lacked any sort of substance and Austin cut Brock off way too much mid-sentence, the network platform is way too overproduced in comparison to Austin's podcastone shows. I felt Brock was getting more and more withdrawn and distanced with his answers as the interview rolled along which led me to believe there would be some seeds planted for Austin/Brock at Mania but it never happened, underwhelmed but it is what it is.

This is the exact opposte of what is being said on Reddit. As I haven 't seen it, god this is confusing.