DVDVR Message Board

Jerry's story of Macho Man leaving doesn't line up right. He says he (Jerry) was given the color commentator position randomly at RAW one night when they turned on Nitro and saw Macho on their show. Obviously that's not how it went down as Randy left long before that, was given a decent on-air send-off by Vince, and he was in WCW long before Nitro debuted.

Lawler replaced Hennig, basically, after he became active again for Survivor Series 1992. The part that's weird to me is that he spent a huge chunk of 93 announcing Superstars with Macho.

Didn't Hennig replace Lawler later on?  I went to to Beware of Dog 2, which was also a Superstars taping, and Hennig and Vince were on commentary and Lawler wrestled on Superstars and this was 96

Am I missing anything by passing up on his recent non-wrestling interview pods? I also recommend listening to Austin on the Ask Women podcast. Austin is such a cool dude. I feel like you could hang with that guy and learn the secrets of the world over cheap ass beers. It was really sweet learning that he and his wife met 10 years ago because she's a special Ed teacher and wanted Austin to come in and read to her class. He did and the rest is history. Retiring from wrestling was the best choice ever for that guy and as much as I would love to see him have one more run, I wouldn't want him to sabotage where he's at in life. He's definitely my all-time favorite wrestler and he sounds like he's turned into a really good human being.

The Paul Lazenby one is pretty good. Lazenby's done wrestling, MMA and stunt work so they cover a lot (plus Lazenby and Austin are friends). The David Lee Roth one isn't so good. The first half of it is Austin and Mo just shooting the shit and that is entertaining but when they bring in DLR it kinda tapers off. Roth rambles a lot. Haven't listened to the Jay Mohr/Adam Carolla ones yet.

So, what's the deal with Mo?  How did he land a spot with Austin??  Is he a PodcastOne guy that is there as a producer for the show?

I imagine he's the producer. Sometimes other podcasts will have their producers chime in (For Nerdist, it's Katie Levine, for example)

Yeah during the second Hall interview, Mo chimed in once with a question (and a good one at that) early on then just kept his mouth shut unless Austin brought him in.

My favorite moments from the podcast so far, in no particular order:

Austin vs The Fly

Pussy Snorkel

Austin doing the G.L.O.W. rap

Scrubber on a stick

Austin interviewing himself

Yeah during the second Hall interview, Mo chimed in once with a question (and a good one at that) early on then just kept his mouth shut unless Austin brought him in.

My favorite moments from the podcast so far, in no particular order:

Austin vs The Fly

Pussy Snorkel

Austin doing the G.L.O.W. rap

Scrubber on a stick

Austin interviewing himself

I'm still waiting for Austin's Amazon Shoppin' List. It better have a scrubber on a stick.

Yeah, the Jay Mohr episode was excellent. Mohr does an awesome impression of Dusty. The Adam Corolla one wasn't all that interesting, but it was only because I've heard him tell the story of his life about 10 times now.

Yeah, the Jay Mohr episode was excellent. Mohr does an awesome impression of Dusty. The Adam Corolla one wasn't all that interesting, but it was only because I've heard him tell the story of his life about 10 times now.

In other words, you've listened to the last 10 episodes of the Adam Carolla Show.

Wasn't on the Steve Austin Show, but Sunny just did a AOW podcast and jesus fuck, does she come off as really unlikeable.  Even Colt sounded uninterested in her.  What really annoyed me was how she kept saying "I'm a very smart person".  Methinks thou doth protest to much...

So, what's the deal with Mo? How did he land a spot with Austin?? Is he a PodcastOne guy that is there as a producer for the show?

He's on every episode of the AskWomen podcast (yeah, I listen to it.... SHUT UP) so I think he's probably involved with all the podcast that PodcastOne does.

edit: Oh man - that Austin shill of Cougarlife.com is the greatest thing I've ever heard

That shit is hilarious, if you are ever bored go to one of the more obscure dating sites and check out the women.  Farmersonly.com is full of the exact type of women you would think(I thought it was some sort of joke site, but it is 100% legit).  I'm tempted to take a look around cougarlife just to see how mortified...or intrigued I'll be.  Sometimes I love the internet.

Lawler's story about Kamala and the "banana" made me laugh.

This strikes me as something that could only happen in wrestling.  I know if someone tried to make me up like some type of African savage and paint what I think is a banana on my stomach, it wouldn't take me a couple a weeks before I confronted him about it.  I'd probably punch him in the face as soon as he brought it up.  I don't have any clue what happened when they told Virgil he would essentially be Ted Dibiase's slave.  I honestly have no idea how they not only have these conversations without feeling like less than a person...but back to cougarlife.com.  I'd definitely signup for tryamandingo.com, I'm a complicated man.

Who the fuck was Virgil before he was Virgil? And knowing him now, all he was thinking was i'm about to get this money!"

Maybe we were raised differently, but there isn't enough money in this world for you to come up to me and say, "We are going to make you this white dude's slave" and me to agree to that bullshit.  And more to my point, name another industry where even suggesting that shit wouldn't get you an ass whooping or a lawsuit?

• Like 1