DVDVR Message Board

It is still amazing how they made the shift from the snobby rich guy HHH, to the sexually confused/dates a tranny/plays hide the sausage with his tag team partner HHH character so seamlessly.  I feel like that is the real character based on Vince McMahon.  

It's amazing that he maintained the kayfabe hometown of "Greenwich, Connecticut" through all of that. Good thing he married Steph and started living the gimmick. 

• Like 1

Remember that time when HHH joined JR and King whilst Chyna joined the Spanish announce team? They showed a clip of Chyna arguing in Spanish, and JR asked Trip what she was saying.

"She's saying I need to go to Taco Bell..."

"You're not Bilingual?"

"Well, there's plenty of things I am bi in, but lingual ain't one of them!"

"...um..."

"Wait, did I mean to just say that?"

"I don't think you did."

"I don't think I did either."

• Like 2

It is still amazing how they made the shift from the snobby rich guy HHH, to the sexually confused/dates a tranny/plays hide the sausage with his tag team partner HHH character so seamlessly.  I feel like that is the real character based on Vince McMahon.  

Almost as amazing as Billy Gunn's transition from cowboy to Rockabilly to lewd ass loving tag team bad ass in a matter of months.

I spent time thinking about Triple H's character change and I figured it out like this; initially he was a spoiled rich brat, then he became a shithead teenager, then an asshole 20 something, then he became a fully functioning, working grownup, and now he's a jerkoff boss approaching his midlife crisis.

• Like 5

Pro Wrestling has notoriously bad continuity. Are actual soap operas this bad? 

In theory, Paul Levesque has been playing "Hunter Hearst Helmsley" for almost 20 years. Of course, it's now acknowledged that his real name is Paul Levesque, but he still goes by "Triple H." What in the hell does "Triple H" mean if not "Hunter Hearst Helmsley?" Why did Paul Levesque pretend to be "Hunter Hearst Helmsley?" By the way, didn't he get divorced from Stephanie in 2002? Why were they suddenly married again as if nothing had happened?

Forget Kane, Triple H's character makes no fucking sense.  

The whole "Vince wants to trademark everything and wants everyone to be a character so they can stand out" thing could easily apply to Mr. McMahon, kayfabe-wise. The "going by Hunter" or any pseudonym at all can be explained in this way. There's no reason why "Vince says there's too many Steves, so you're William Regal now, which we can trademark" couldn't be a kayfabe explanation as well as the reality.

People have remarried before though, it does happen lol. Also, I'm not sure if they call him "Paul" on WWE TV outside of the infamous Punk promo.

That's not really the issue though. The issue is that Triple H and Stephanie are suddenly married again with no explanation as to how it happened. I think I'm probably the only person who would've wanted to see an actual HHH/Stephanie reunion angle though.