DVDVR Message Board

Flair interview is up...this is awesome. Some highlights...

The Wahoo vasectomy story.

Flair spent $10K a month on clothes in the 1980's.

The lady who made Austin's first robe got busted for shoplifting the sequins.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Flair spends $10K a month on clothes now.  There was some talk about his spending on the Flair-Piper Wife Swap episode that aired a month or two back.  Ric is still living the gimmick, to put it mildly.

That story from the plane crash about telling the paramedic to get a chick's number from his bag is great. Flair thought he was going to die and didn't want his wife to find it.  "Shelia, I love you, but not tonight."

I really enjoyed the Flair show, can't wait for part 2. I love hearing how Johnny Valentine just completely ignored him, when they first started riding together, and just played opera music. 

Ric's memory is spotty and he's doing that thing where he says a joke and then says it again at the end of his story.  It's a bit weird but I still enjoyed hearing him tell stories.

The worse memory issue is that Flair said he was on the show where Brody was murdered.   I think it has been proven that wasn't true

Ric's memory is spotty and he's doing that thing where he says a joke and then says it again at the end of his story. It's a bit weird but I still enjoyed hearing him tell stories.

The worse memory issue is that Flair said he was on the show where Brody was murdered. I think it has been proven that wasn't true
Isnt the story he told about Invader's son dying not quite 100% axcurate too?

Listening to the Samoa Joe interview. "Like a white submarine headed into the Bermooda Triangle!" Sweet fancy Moses I howled.

Joe's a lot of fun in this but he needs to slow the hell down and take some breaths here and there.

Listening to the Samoa Joe interview. "Like a white submarine headed into the Bermooda Triangle!" Sweet fancy Moses I howled.Joe's a lot of fun in this but he needs to slow the hell down and take some breaths here and there.

Yeah, he sounded like he'd done a few lines, lol.

The new Helms one is much more serious because of his motorcycle accident while under the influence, but still a great listen and some cool wrestling tidbits thrown in. I cannot believe that Helms returned to the ring following that accident and already having a fused neck, and I think he is smart enough to be successful in a less physical venture.

Flair part 2 was brilliant, "are you kidding me" must have been said about a billion times.

As said above Flairs sketchy memory is fantastic.  I had never heard the "Spartacus" Flair story before, brilliant stuff!

I haven't finished part two yet but my favorite part of Flair's memory is that he's so sure of everything he's saying. Most guys with sketchy memories either note that they don't remember or you can tell are struggling to recall certain events... Flair says everything like he's 100% positive. It's great.

Listening to the Samoa Joe interview. "Like a white submarine headed into the Bermooda Triangle!" Sweet fancy Moses I howled.

Joe's a lot of fun in this but he needs to slow the hell down and take some breaths here and there.

Joe sounded like he was 15 and nervously excited to be interviewed. It was so different from his wrestling persona where he's always been more of the cool, calm, calculating bad ass.

Joe and EY both marking out to be talking to Austin was fantastic.  It's also just kind of cool to hear Austin talking to TNA guys about TNA. 

The Flair stuff was excellence.  I think in the first one, Austin says something about how he should go hunting with Ric, and I'm just thinking, "Are you fucking crazy to go out in the woods with a rifle and that crazy old bastard?"  His sketchy memory does seem like he's told himself things so many times that he believes them, but in other spots, he's like an old WWII vet who can't remember his son in law's name but can give you every little detail of life during wartime.

I really think that's why I like the show so much is because you really get the feeling that even after being in the business, Austin's still a fan and while he loves the old stuff, he hasn't closed his mind on what wrestling has evolved into today.

• Like 1