DVDVR Message Board

It's an open forum. If you wanted to ask him and avoid a response from anyone else, you can private message him.

You also don't have to go from thread to thread looking to be as contentious as possible.

• Like 1

It's an open forum. If you wanted to ask him and avoid a response from anyone else, you can private message him.

You also don't have to go from thread to thread looking to be as contentious as possible.

You calling me contentious is a bit rich. 

It is a open forum but it is a discussion forum too. If someone posts a comment it is an invitation for that comment to be discussed. Why he deleted the podcast is of interest to me and I asked a genuine question. He felt strongly enough about it to post it on a forum instead of keeping it private so to speak.

Seriously lads.

Nash is one of those guys who my mind tells me I should not like because he's lazy and manipulative and he helped sink WCW with shit booking but dammit, I can't help but think the guy is hilarious.

This is why that guy deleted the podcast. The only way to resist his charm is to avoid it.

His Einstein, Teen Wolf and Salvadore Dali references were all gold. I got a laugh out of the wine in a measuring cup bit, too.

• Like 2

Holy shit. Austin checked in at 274 recently and Nash weighed in about the same?

Not good. If I remember from Austin's podcast with Flair, Austin said he always tried to keep his wrestling weight at 235 lbs. For a guy his height, 6'2, that's pretty big. 274 is definitely not ideal. I know Steve jokes about trying to get back in shape and everything but I hope for his sake he does.

As for a podcast with Nash, I'm stoked to listen to this show. Even though Nash was a disaster as WWF Champion and wound up being part of some horrendous stuff in WCW, I've always found him to be a great listen in shoot interviews/podcasts.

I listened to the Tommy Dreamer ones the other day and they're really good but the funniest part is probably when Dreamer tries to talk up TNA and Austin is first skeptical and then outright annoyed. "If this Bram cat was so good why isn't he still in developmental." and then going on about how maybe Abyss will get a WWE look again when Dreamer is trying desperately to talk up how great he is in TNA. Austin was just having nothing to do with it. Nothing.

I kiiiiiiinda get the Nash hate, but y'know what? If I was a wrestler I would try my damndest to follow the Nash blueprint of being drunk in the ring, on a guaranteed contract, taking barely any bumps for maximum payoff. Fucking marks

Which leads to things like the botch at Souled Out 98.  

Austin and Nash as two old friends bullshitting about a bunch of shit that's not wrestling was hilarious and a pleasure to listen to during my work drive today.

Hence why I asked odessasteps why he deleted it.

Nash is very well liked in the industry and a very affable and funny guy.

Austin and Nash as two old friends bullshitting about a bunch of shit that's not wrestling was hilarious and a pleasure to listen to during my work drive today.

Hence why I asked odessasteps why he deleted it.

Nash is very well liked in the industry and a very affable and funny guy.

I deleted it because while Austin talking about random shit can be very funny at times, I listen to the podcast to hear wrestling talk.

(I know you didn't ask me specifically, please don't be really upset and contentious that I answered.)

• Like 2

What's wrong with being out for yourself in your business ventures?

I mean, seriously, you guys.

The thing I have always respected about Nash is that he's a smart business man.

You may not like a lot of his opinions or decisions wrestling-wise, but he's a smart guy with a great personality.

He's a guy that's completely in business for himself and seems to have been really smart with his money.

That gives him a leg up over 85% (that may be generous) of guys in the business.

Smart?  Sure.  Well-liked in the business?  I guess you didn't read Eddie Guerrero's book.  Nash is a selfish piece of shit who abuses his intelligence to tell every different audience what they want to hear.  He's actively harmed the business as a whole for the short-term financial gains of himself and his friends.  I mean, seriously: booking himself to beat Goldberg, the last real draw WCW had, and then The Fingerpoke Of Doom, for chrissakes.  It threw WCW's momentum off a cliff.  He was arguably the worst booker that WCW ever had.