DVDVR Message Board

Austin admitting that he dabbled in, or at least tried coke is a pretty refreshing revelation that most people wouldn't have the balls to admit today. Especially a dude of his caliber.

I wouldn't say refreshing. I find it quite upsetting to hear anybody doing coke to be honest. I guess in certain circles its more readily available. 

Well, I didn't mean the fact that he did coke, more so the honesty to admit it.

He's been pretty honest on the podcast, so it didn't surprise me.  He doesn't go into full detail, but he makes frequent mentions of "gimmicks" and living hard and fast.  He's admitted to steroid use, heavy drinking, drinking and driving, soma and pain pill abuse.....he's not shy about talking about this stuff.  The one thing he doesn't talk about is his failed marriages and the domestic abuse situation with Debra, but who can blame him for not wanting to dredge that stuff up?  It seems like he's in a pretty happy and healthy place with his new wife

I think he's not legally allowed to talk about the Debra situation.

Yes, he mentions that in his book. That he wanted to tell his side of the story but can't due to the settlement

It's a damn shame that no footage of Steve Austin vs Mr Fly exists. It's this generation's Last Battle of Atlanta.

Awesome build, monumental promos from both competitors and a heel turn from the Superfly that no one saw coming.

I skipped ahead and listened to a couple of the Heyman ones, which were really great. I loved that it was just two friends chilling out in a hotel room shooting the shit about wrestling. Austin marking the fuck out when Bobby Heenan's name was mentioned was great as was Heyman busting out his assortment of wrestling impressions and then re-confirming the Vince/sneezing stories we all know and love. IN MY WORLD THERE IS NO SNEEZING.

Brock being compared to the Swede in Heartbreak Ridge had me giggling too.

All I know is if Austin was still wrestling today and they did turn him heel.... he'd be wearing those fuckin' spanks to get heat.

And as an aside, I think Reelz ran Heartbreak Ridge and yeah, the Swede could be a prototype of Brock.

He's made allusions to trying to patch things up and repair things with his kids, but yeah...definitely steers clear of ex-wives. There was the funny Scott Hall exchange when Hall mentioned loving crazy women or some such and Austin said something along the lines of "I'm not gonna refer to any woman as crazy that I'm still paying money too."

You guys remember the big Rolling Stone feature on him when he got hot and it talked heavily about him just pounding beers while driving down the road. I remember reading it at the time and it being very clear that this was a guy that definitely had a drinking problem. 

Said RS feature if anyone is interested (I haven't read it since it originally ran):

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.pro-wrestling.wolfpac/wDxP38Tkk9U

Kevin Nash on the show!

He's gonna be part of Magic Mike 2 and he's on a diet now.

Austin weighed in at 274 once recently. Austin is essentially using WebMD too. Nash weighed in at 279 recently.

Kevin Nash really hates the show "Utopia"

Nash and Austin talk toilet paper buying habits, ketchup, babywipes, paper towels

Then they're just talking Uberfacts. This is quality time. Earthquakes, Marriages, etc

The entire thing is an hour of them essentially cracking jokes based off of Uberjokes stuff

Kevin Nash on the show!

Austin weighed in at 274 once recently. Austin is essentially using WebMD too. Nash weighed in at 279 recently.

Nash and Austin talk toilet paper buying habits, ketchup, babywipes, paper towels

Then they're just talking Uberfacts. This is quality time. Earthquakes, Marriages, etc

The entire thing is an hour of them essentially cracking jokes based off of Uberjokes stuff

No wrestling babble?

Kevin Nash on the show!

No wrestling babble?

none.

Some Magic Mike 2 talk!