DVDVR Message Board

Austin said something like "I don't want to call anyone crazy that I'm still paying money to."

That was brilliant, I think Austin might have spat his coffee and Alpha Brain all over his desk when Hall said that!

Hall has been 2 brilliant episodes top to bottom.

The guests he gets on surprise me at times.  The Little Egypt one came out of nowhere but man that was so much fun.  And yeah, seeing that he has Helms and Joe booked could be really interesting interviews.  Especially Joe, considering they never met Austin will have a lot of questions about the indies.  Hearing his take on it will make for a very good interview.

As for Hall I'm really glad he's doing a lot better.  Hearing him talk about the business I feel that if he stays on this path he'd be a vital guy in the wrestling business.  Then again, going back in it might tempt him to go to the dark side so if there's a risk for that then it's best not to.  Either way he has such a tremendous mind for what works in wrestling.

I've been catching up on this show, and it strikes me that guys like Austin, Hall, Jake, etc... really need to work with the guys in NXT and pass their knowledge down, otherwise it will be lost soon.

Alternatively, someone needs to put them in charge of booking an indy, even if it is TNA.

I doubt Austin would be interested in booking anything, especially Vince's "direct competitor" and I'd be fearful that if Jake or Scott got back into the biz that they'd spiral back down. But I get where you're coming from if they could find someone with that kind of mind who would be up for the task.

Another great episode, my favorite part is them going back and forth talking about who had the best powerslam, clothesline, and worked punch.  The powerslam one threw me a little, it seemed like it was something that people in the business notice in another worker.  I always liked the move and thought it looked good, but I realize that it was a move that was held to any type of esteem.  I also liked how both of them admitted that they sucked at it.  Another highlight was Scott Hall explaining how he came up with his moveset.  His fallaway slam story is particularly good.  As a kid The Razor's Edge was my second favorite move, behind Macho Man's top rope elbow of course, and him explaining how he chose his moves makes perfect sense to why I was such a big fan of his.  Everything he did looked like it hurt, and I think that is one of the most underrated things in wrestling.  I think that is one of the main reasons I could never get into guys like Edge or Cena, most of their moves don't look like they could do much harm to a heavyweight wrestler.

I think Jake and Hall would do well down in NXT.  They wouldn't have to deal with the temptations of the road and they could get to these kids while they're still relatively green and teach them the finer points of wrestling on TV, promos, selling, etc.

"I've never had a problem doing a job."

Real words that came out of Kevin Nash's mouth mere seconds after he talked about nixing a job to Warrior.  Still it was very entertaining.

I haven't heard it yet, it sounds like when Rick James talked about denying fighting Charlie Murphy and immediately said "I remember that occasion."

I'm listening to Part 2 of the Scott Hall interview and them listing their favorite dropkicks and worked punches is just fantastic. Such a great listen. There's just something awesome about listening to a couple of the business' biggest stars and how they just love the professional wrestling so much and know so much about its history.