DVDVR Message Board

Thursdays show is an all time great and I haven't even gotten to Paul yet. So many gems:

Stone Cold vs PED-taking rats

"Ima go out there and try to force a rat into a drug test, and that motherfucka is gonna start judo-flippin me all over like a rag doll in mah own barn."

"If there's one thing that I can't stand, it's WHEN A GASSED UP RAT COMES OUT TO MY RANCH..."

"If you find a gal with a belching beaver, don't go down on that beaver. Words of advice. Serious ramifications can be had"

I listened to the first part of the Paul Heyman interview yesterday morning. It was so weird hearing Austin not curse up a storm in this.

I'm finding the bit about going up against Stern hard to believe. Not so much that it could have been possible...but what station he would have been on. I can't for the life of me see Paul E. Dangerously as the morning host on Hot 97 back in the early 90's. MAYBE on Q104 when it flipped to a hard rock format in 93 or WNEW.

Aside from that possible fallacy, it was great to hear them talk. I loved the part about blood being needed in certain situations.

The visuals of Rick Rude smoking a joint and watching Cape Fear was hilarious. Can't wait for the second part.

I listened to the first part of the Paul Heyman interview yesterday morning. It was so weird hearing Austin not curse up a storm in this.

I'm finding the bit about going up against Stern hard to believe. Not so much that it could have been possible...but what station he would have been on. I can't for the life of me see Paul E. Dangerously as the morning host on Hot 97 back in the early 90's. MAYBE on Q104 when it flipped to a hard rock format in 93 or WNEW.

Aside from that possible fallacy, it was great to hear them talk. I loved the part about blood being needed in certain situations.

The visuals of Rick Rude smoking a joint and watching Cape Fear was hilarious. Can't wait for the second part.

I am so intrigued by Paul being the morning show host at Hot 97.  At first I thought he was full of shit, but then I realized every musical reference he made in that interview was a hip-hop artist.  Is there a chance he actually knows something about hip-hop?  Was Hot 97 going to be a different format?  How the hell would that shit work? 

After listening to part 1 of the interview I realize why so many people kept working for him, despite not being paid.  That guy has a level of game that I don't think most people realizes exists.  When he was talking about how he got such great promos out of people it sounded a lot like how a pimp gets hoes to hit that track.  He has the ability to get you to do whatever he wants you to do and make you think it was your idea.

What's so great about Heyman is you hear him talk and you know that he bsing you, but you don't want to call him out on it, you kind of admire him for it. Listening to that interview, you would think that Heyman was about to start a radio show on a hip hop station and go head to head against Howard Stern and the only thing that stopped him was his desire to change the wrestling business.  Say that back to yourself.

• Like 1

What's so great about Heyman is you hear him talk and you know that he bsing you, but you don't want to call him out on it, you kind of admire him for it. Listening to that interview, you would think that Heyman was about to start a radio show on a hip hop station and go head to head against Howard Stern and the only thing that stopped him was his desire to change the wrestling business.  Say that back to yourself.

Yeah, he has that so full of shit, you can't be mad about it.  He's like Bill Clinton, he's completely full of shit, but at least he's honest about it.

It seems odd, but Stern and I'm sure Stern clone shows don't always mesh with the formats of the station they are on.  Stern wasn't above being on his show and making fun of the classic rock DJs when K-Rock was a classic rock station.

I like to think he mirrored De Niro smoking the big stogie in the cinema by blowing big lungfulls of smoke in the air and laughing obnoxiously while Stunning Steve scrubs catfish

presumably they'll ask for proof to get a subway reimbursement for the Heyman Hustle thinktank, so a little different from how ECW would get their talent bereavement rates for plane trips

the account of the fall of ECW and why he thought PPV companies were dumb for screwing him over was pretty fascinating too. If ECW doesn't fall, then there's no ROH and the companies that were around for 2001/02 area don't exist either. And ECW is a de facto #2 when WCW is gone. Yeah.

Yeah, he has that so full of shit, you can't be mad about it.  He's like Bill Clinton, he's completely full of shit, but at least he's honest about it.

A possible rapist? That's cold blooded.

He will clearly rape your wallet. 

It really is funny listening to him and his horseshit. Him admitting to having an ethical partner to reign him in on the thinktank was pretty telling after hearing how he had listened in on the last couple conference calls but falling asleep during the one he was fired for. Or that could be a bunch of BS too, who knows. Either way he truly is one hell of a smart, conniving, and ingratiating motherfucker, and I don't really mean any of that with malice. Sabu might though.

I am so intrigued by Paul being the morning show host at Hot 97.  At first I thought he was full of shit, but then I realized every musical reference he made in that interview was a hip-hop artist.  Is there a chance he actually knows something about hip-hop?  Was Hot 97 going to be a different format?  How the hell would that shit work? 

Well in the early 90's, Hot 97 was at the bottom of the ratings here in NYC. Then they got new management and started sky rocketing up in the demo's.

TOYOTA OUGHTA MAKE HYBRID BLOWERS.

Part 2 is great only a couple minutes in.

EDIT: Just finished the whole thing. Damn what a great interview. The part about Vince losing his shit over sneezing was great. I also loved the story about the conference call and Paul being like "well I listened to the last six before that one...but they didn't ask". I always wondered if ECW could have gotten on Fox Sports in a last ditch effort to stay on. It sounds like he made a good call not taking that deal.

But man the TNA bit about them losing $70 to 90 Million. At least The Fertitta Brothers turned UFC around eventually. What the hell is TNA's excuse to continue pissing that money away.

• Like 1