DVDVR Message Board

What was Regal's story about the invention of the uppercut? I saw it referenced but completely missed it when listening to the interview. He's quite the low-talker and I'm always mult-tasking.

He was talking about the fact that in British style a closed-fist punch would be an instant DQ. Which is why the European Uppercut became a thing. Well, that was the jist of it.

• Like 1

I found the interview with Lillian enjoyable for two reasons:

1. Lillian was an engaging storyteller and at times quite funny. I could believe she had been a radio host briefly before the WWE audition.

2. They let enough details through that I have a decent sense of 3:16 Gimmick Street's location. My best friend lives in Culver City about three miles from the intersection Austin mentions. There's a great restaurant right in the neck of Stone Cold's woods that has an outstanding beer can chicken. I can now only assume the brand of beer they use is Steveweiser.

Excellent podcast with Regal. I'd really love to hear Regal share his stories about drug abuse, but I understand why that likely won't happen. His drug addiction was a huge part of Walking A Golden Mile, but it would be nice to hear him elaborate a bit more. It's a touchy issue in the stuffing instead of potatoes today...

Excellent podcast with Regal. I'd really love to hear Regal share his stories about drug abuse, but I understand why that likely won't happen. His drug addiction was a huge part of Walking A Golden Mile, but it would be nice to hear him elaborate a bit more. It's a touchy issue in the stuffing instead of potatoes today...

There is a Part 2.

There is a Part 2.

I immediately went to amazon to search for "William Regal Walking A Golden Mile 2" before I realized what you meant.

• Like 1

1. Lillian was an engaging storyteller and at times quite funny. I could believe she had been a radio host briefly before the WWE audition.

2. They let enough details through that I have a decent sense of 3:16 Gimmick Street's location. My best friend lives in Culver City about three miles from the intersection Austin mentions. There's a great restaurant right in the neck of Stone Cold's woods that has an outstanding beer can chicken. I can now only assume the brand of beer they use is Steveweiser.

There's also Victor Jrs across from the Sony lot on Washington that has some of the best pizza I've ever had in my life

I just listened to it yesterday and she definitely comes across as a really cool person.  I always liked her as an announcer and found her attractive, but it was cool to listen to her talk.  She comes across as smart and funny and has a huge respect for the wrestlers and what they do and the hard work it takes.  Especially cool when she was talking about Viscera and said she was totally game for the angle with him not only because it was fun and something different, but because she was happy to do something that would help him in any way. 

• Like 1

i like to imagine austin with his glasses on and sipping some pellegrino for the workin man teaching jim ross how to use all the gimmicks required to record a podcast. and then they get on the youtubes and watch 95 moves of kevin steen and old british wrestling together.

I typically skip through the openers, but I landed at the part of the opener where Austin talks about his time as a drivers-ed teacher in College. Which would be an awwwwesome reality TV show these days. Not sure who the other person was in the convo, but she tried to drive in Manhattan, which seems stupid.

Regal vocalizing his apathy towards New Country, talking about listening to metal music (Iron Maiden/Motorhead) and his dislike of hair metal. Austin asking Regal what a rave was like.

Regal explains Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks!

then quitting on being Big Daddy's tag partner at 18 to work off of TV

Regal mentioned Fit Finlay v. Black Prince. Here's the match, part 1/part 2

Regal just namedrops Van Hammer, Bagwell and Marc Mero in a negative way. (Egg whites and tanning beds)

Then Schiavone praise! Then Regal notes that Dusty's first idea for the Sir William spot was to redub Larry Zbyszko as "Lawrence Whisler". Holy shit. Before Dundee took the spot for himself

I figure that part 2 of the Regal interview is going to be great but I can't stop laughing about the concept of Stone Cold Steve Austin:  Drivers Ed Instructor.   :lol:

Austin railing against a guy who throws the cigarette on the curb is great. "You lazy son of a buck!"

I figure that part 2 of the Regal interview is going to be great but I can't stop laughing about the concept of Stone Cold Steve Austin:  Drivers Ed Instructor.   :lol:

Austin railing against a guy who throws the cigarette on the curb is great. "You lazy son of a buck!"

The "skinny guy smoking a j on the sidewalk" rant a couple months was like a dagger to my heart, but I just can't afford to miss updates on his dogs and Bronco.

I'm trying to think which would be more awesome series for CMT:  Stone Cold Steve Austin:  Driving Instructor or some sort of reality show where they take people and have them do the job that was recommended to them in High School just for Stone Cold Steve Austin:  Texas Park Ranger.

I'm trying to think which would be more awesome series for CMT:  Stone Cold Steve Austin:  Driving Instructor or some sort of reality show where they take people and have them do the job that was recommended to them in High School just for Stone Cold Steve Austin:  Texas Park Ranger.

The first 10 minutes of the Lillian Garcia one seems to be of them bitching about bike riders and bad drivers.

I typically skip through the openers, but I landed at the part of the opener where Austin talks about his time as a drivers-ed teacher in College. Which would be an awwwwesome reality TV show these days. Not sure who the other person was in the convo, but she tried to drive in Manhattan, which seems stupid.

Regal vocalizing his apathy towards New Country, talking about listening to metal music (Iron Maiden/Motorhead) and his dislike of hair metal. Austin asking Regal what a rave was like.

Regal explains Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks!

then quitting on being Big Daddy's tag partner at 18 to work off of TV

Regal mentioned Fit Finlay v. Black Prince. Here's the match, part 1/part 2

Regal just namedrops Van Hammer, Bagwell and Marc Mero in a negative way. (Egg whites and tanning beds)

Then Schiavone praise! Then Regal notes that Dusty's first idea for the Sir William spot was to redub Larry Zbyszko as "Lawrence Whisler". Holy shit. Before Dundee took the spot for himself

I'm pretty sure the person he's talking to is his engineer who replaced Mo.

Regal's story about meeting Fit for the first time was pretty funny.

it might explain why Finlay kept beating the dogshit out of Regal during their matches.

Now for Austin to get Finlay to tell the other side of the story. It's kinda sad that Finlay and Austin couldn't have had a brawl during the late 90s/early 00s. Finlay couldn't use the Tombstone in the WWE for obvious reasons, but maybe they could have had him use the Tombstone in the leadup to the match as a subtle hint that he'd try to injure Austin's neck again.

Am I missing something? Are there two Podcast feeds in ITUNES or something? I do not see the Cena interview on Unleashed.

Yes there are 2 different feeds. There's the Steve Austin Show and the Steve Austin Show Unleashed.