DVDVR Message Board

Just listened to both parts of the interview with J.R. and am I to understand that when Ross was a kid, he killed a bunch of puppies with a hammer?

The more I find out about Jim Ross, the more I conclude that he's a fucking contemptible human being.

• Like 3

The messed up part is that he was all, "and if something like that happened today, I'd fill up a whole hour of Doctor Phil!!!" I get that society might overreact to tough parenting/teaching nowadays, but I'd be super messed up if I was forced to kill puppies with a hammer. How does he think that's just a normal punishment?

Living in rural areas, its been my experience people who grew up on farms often have different relationships to animals/pets as suburban/city folk.

Not that it excuses killing puppies with a hammer, mind you, ....

In case anyone takes this out of context, it's not like Jim said "You know what's fun?  Killing puppies with a hammer."

Basically, he left a gate open on a dog in heat, it got mated by one of it's offspring.  It had puppies that were inbred, the dad was mad because he had puppies he couldn't do anything with, so because it was his fault, he made JR put down the dogs.

Shit...they should have a random Smackdown or something where they announce that Vince and Austin will be doing commentary. I think that'd be the greatest goddamn thing ever. Fuck, have them do an NXT taping.

This needs to happen. Vince and Austin just disagreeing on everything for 2 hours would be insane.

Little Egypt was a good show, she sounded hot!

• Like 1

Yeah I loved all the Savage stories and DDP trying to get La Parka to show him how to be La Parka.

That's what sold the angle for me.  I watched him do the Parka strut.  Figured it was Parka and then he hit the Diamond Cutter and unmasked it was 200% gold.

• Like 2

Like everyone else is saying, I can't recommend these podcasts enough, especially the wrestler interviews. 

What's refreshing is that even those more prone to bullshit and/or self-aggrandising (Bret, Shawn, Nash) come across so candid, likable, just shooting the shit and telling great stories. Maybe it's that another wrestler is interviewing them, they don't have to 'work' him...

...well, until you get to Kurt Angle. But hey, Kurt Angle.

Can't wait to listen to DDP part 2

Yeah I loved all the Savage stories and DDP trying to get La Parka to show him how to be La Parka.

That's what sold the angle for me.  I watched him do the Parka strut.  Figured it was Parka and then he hit the Diamond Cutter and unmasked it was 200% gold.

You aren't kidding. It was one of those rare moments where I was legitimately surprised. So awesome. Great interview. I wound up shedding a few tears when DDP told the story about how he called Macho on Thanksgiving. 

• Like 1

Yeah, the strut was what put it over for me. Even though it was a bit awkward, I thought "he's just going through the motions because he's on job duty for Savage."

Then he hits the Cutter and I go "Oh shit, DDP taught him the Diamond Cutter!"

Then he unmasks and my brain melts. Perfection.

The La Parka thing was masterful. DDP was a better craftsman in the ring than I think most people remember him being.

For a guy who broke into the business so late in life, I'm amazed how much knowledge he picked up in such a short time, though I didn't know until the interview that he worked with Solie before he learned psychology with Jake.

Re-watched it on Youtube and it's one rare time where the announcers ignoring the action actually helped.  They had Scott Hall out there and he gets distracted by taunting Larry so the fans are kinda distracted too.  DDParka doesn't really do much except take a few bumps and you don't really have any reason to be thinking it's not Parka.  It's just your usual star guy has listless squash in the middle of Nitro while the announcers talk about Hogan and Rodman match.

When Parka's coming to the ring, they barely show him because they play a video of him starting his "chairman" gimmick.  If they had showed his full entrance, it might have given it away more.  In the video, he kills poor Super Calo with one of those hard plastic chairs. 

Give it time.  Kurt Angle may be on The Steve Austin show and living in the DDP house with Jake and Hall

Here is a pic of Little Egypt with Austin, I assume is recent.  Not sure who the blonde is.

Posted Image

Considering he most decidedly has a type, dollars to donuts it's Mrs. Austin IV.

Amazing show with Hall.  Topics included him first doing the fallaway slam on Carlos Colon and Colon saying he threw him like a sack of shit.  He stole the top rope belly to back suplex from Samu and when Samu came into WWF, the office told Samu to stop doing it but Hall was fine with it.  The main things he needed to be a star were cool ring gear, the ability to talk, 3 cool moves and a cool finish.  He felt like he needed moves where he held guys up so people could take photographs.  He gave an acronym for a rat and made Austin speechless when talking about how he's attracted to crazy women.  Austin said something like "I don't want to call anyone crazy that I'm still paying money to."

They talked about the best powerslams, dropkicks, clotheslines and punches in wrestling.  These sidetrack into discussions about guys like Buzz Sawyer, Doug Furnas, Dick Murdoch, The High Flyers, and more.  Bradshaw quit doing the fallaway slam when Hall came back to WWE on his own out of respect.  Hall told him to start doing it again.  He also talked about Hogan telling him how he knocked out Inoki with a "jap clothesline."  They touched briefly on their Mania 18 match that Austin hated because they were both in a bad place at the time.

• Like 2