DVDVR Message Board

Can't listen to the podcast due to my rural isolation/nazi net provider but I caught Michael Schiavello interviewing Austin on AXSTV and that's definitely worth checking out. If you missed it look it up, they had a blast and Austin said it's the best interview he's ever had.

Add me in for the Hall interview love... sip of beer for the working man... its fantastic.

For me the Ted Fowler episode is my favourite to date, just Stone Cold and his buddy shooting the proverbial about a variety of things, the ethics of hunting, gay marriage, road trips.  Just fantastic.

I want Ted Fowler to come and fix my house!

Oh, that was one of my favorites.  Can't go wrong with Austin decreeing an 11th commandment, announce a diet that sounds hilarious, and what cavemen did for fun and what they likely invented.

The Scott Hall interview was one of the most positive interviews I've heard in years.  He sounds a billion times better than not even a year ago and I'm really happy to hear that.

And Austin doing the GLOW rap?  Oh, man, I need to check this out immediately.

The Hall interview was fantastic. They just put up the first of a 2 parter with DDP and it's a hell of a good interview too. Looking forward to part 2. Hopefully they can book Jake Roberts on there too and complete the trifecta.

I've been listening to his podcast since the beginning and right away I thought it was awesome because it's freaking Steve Austin, who has seemingly taken on the Stone Cold character full-time, shooting the shit for an hour or so. What I was more surprised by is how excellent he is at interviewing people. He rarely makes it about himself and everyone sounds super comfortable talking to him. I'm now shocked that he doesn't have a radio show. I can't think of a single person who is funnier or more interesting than him when he's killing time, or who is as professional and well spoken during interviews, than Austin. 

I'm hoping he can get some actors on the podcast too, like Vinnie Jones, Stallone, etc. More MMA guys too. His interview with Paul Barnett was excellent and was only hampered in part two when it was pretty obvious that it was edited to squeeze in as much as humanly possible into an hour. I'm happy he did that instead of cutting stuff out because it was all interesting. And obviously, he has to have CM Punk, The Rock, Undertaker, HHH, and Vince on at some point. I also wonder if he would ever have Hogan, Flair, or Bischoff on. Regarding the latter, Austin made it sound like they were on cool terms now.

It's really a shame that they didn't transition Austin to the broadcast booth...he'd be this century's version of Jesse Ventura

Putting one of the biggest SUPERSTARS behind a commentary booth is a ridiculous idea...

Bruno Sammartino, Billy Graham, Roddy Piper, Randy Savage, Dusty Rhodes, etc.

Granted not all of those guys were good at it but Austin on color would've been preferable to that sheriff bullshit.

It's really a shame that they didn't transition Austin to the broadcast booth...he'd be this century's version of Jesse Ventura

Putting one of the biggest SUPERSTARS behind a commentary booth is a ridiculous idea...

I would be inclined to watch 100% more WWE programming if Austin were on commentary.

• Like 1

Shit...they should have a random Smackdown or something where they announce that Vince and Austin will be doing commentary. I think that'd be the greatest goddamn thing ever. Fuck, have them do an NXT taping.

• Like 1

Let me share my enjoyment for the Scott Hall interview as well.  I have a huge backlog of the podcast to go through but I have enjoyed the wrestler centric ones.  Bret hart, Scott Hall, and DVDVR's favorite wrestler ~ Lance Storm was pretty good as well