DVDVR Message Board

About 2/3 through the DDP interview and you need to listen to this. DDP is so much more enjoyable when he isn't shilling the DDP Yoga. Talks about the Goldberg match, a fight with Firebreaker Chip, and Austin moving into DDP's condo in L.A. 

Austin describing DDP's bedroom is 100% how I would have pictured DDP's bedroom.  Austin was doing it in a way that was lighthearted and fun, but he was obviously talking bout how ridiculous was.  DDP being DDP he either missed the irony or just disregarded the fact that Austin was making fun of him.  I enjoyed that 3 minutes.

I'm not really digging Colt's podcast anymore with the exception of the Bruno interview.  He has an underlying bitterness about the WWE(and he has every right to feel that way) that turns me off.

I was going the same way and then gave the Ambrose one a listen,this morning.

Ambrose is the polar opposite of Cabana in his mindset towards wrestling.  Ambrose really was born 20 years too late.

I feel like a lot of this DDP episode rehashes a lot of stuff covered in the first two pods. The Savage story mainly, and Austin living with Dallas, his first promo in WCW, etc.

Although, I might be confusing that with another interview he did (maybe Colt's pod?).

DDP Interview is fantastic.

On a non-Austin related podcast note, apparently Jim Ross is starting his own Podcast as well, per his Twitter. That should really be some great stuff.

Gonna be interesting to see how many of these Wrestler-hosted podcasts keep popping up. How much money, if any, can they make off these? Between Austin/Jericho/JR and whoever else it's gonna be interesting to see who they get to appear on their shows. Like, if you're JR, Bret Hart is a big coup I guess, but he's already been on Austin and Jericho's shows, so what can he really tell your podcast audience that they haven't already heard elsewhere?

The first DDP set is probably my favorite of the whole series, so looking forward to this one.

I really think there's only room for two or three wrestling podcasts, especially since these guys all tell the same stories.  Market's gonna get saturated fast.

Count me in in thinking the second Piper interview was pretty mediocre. 

Eh, the oversaturation is a big issue in the comedy podcast world and they seem to do okay. I mean, if you listen to Maron and Nerdist you're gonna get a lot of overlap. I would think that, like in the comedy world, the wrestling ones need to pick up a distinct identity.

I mean, Colt is more of a shoot the shit about how you got into wrestling, Konnan is more into rumors and talking shit and the current stuff, Cornette is just cutting rants and talking about old school stuff, and Austin is doing a good job at being more of a general life podcast that is more or less revolved around wrestling. Jericho really needs to find a niche, though.

I would imagine JR's is gonna end up like Cornette's. Probably focused on old school stuff, and will prolly go into regular sports and MMA.

That Ambrose interview is gold, by the way. Motherfucker sounds like the coolest guy in the room, and seems like the perfect fit to be a WWE headliner. Really impressive.

In a way, im surprised there are no official WWE podcasts (or if there are, i dont know about them).

I wonder if they would be ham-strung by the company.

The jericho pod with his dad has probably been the best one so far he's done.

Bill Dundee was loads of fun on Cornette's podcast, and it seems he has his own podcast too, which doesn't seem to be overly wrestling focussed, but at first glance there are interviews with Lance Russell and Carl Fergie, of all people.

IIRC, Dundee is primarily doing circus work nowadays, with the occasional match thrown in.

Eh, the oversaturation is a big issue in the comedy podcast world and they seem to do okay. I mean, if you listen to Maron and Nerdist you're gonna get a lot of overlap. I would think that, like in the comedy world, the wrestling ones need to pick up a distinct identity.

I mean, Colt is more of a shoot the shit about how you got into wrestling, Konnan is more into rumors and talking shit and the current stuff, Cornette is just cutting rants and talking about old school stuff, and Austin is doing a good job at being more of a general life podcast that is more or less revolved around wrestling. Jericho really needs to find a niche, though.

I think Jericho will find his identity when he starts bringing in the washed up metal guys.

• Like 1

Bill Dundee was loads of fun on Cornette's podcast, and it seems he has his own podcast too, which doesn't seem to be overly wrestling focussed, but at first glance there are interviews with Lance Russell and Carl Fergie, of all people.

IIRC, Dundee is primarily doing circus work nowadays, with the occasional match thrown in.

Dundee is working the Mid South Fanfest show.

Cabana's "Underlining bitterness" doesn't effect the podcast at all. Cabana's shoot the shit interview style is really hit or miss with me, also his inability to reel in someone going on a rant or unfunny story. Stone Cold shuts long winded shit down.