DVDVR Message Board

The Piper episode is up.

With Roddy Piper, I don't know how much of this is bullshit.. but holy crap, this was an lucid experience of Roddy Piper recounting his time in the 1960s/1970s for 50 minutes. Then even more surrealistic Piper stuff when he goes into the depression-sorts of stuff. Uh yeah. Piper is a lunatic in his own way

I think I had heard of the Mexican National Anthem story before, but if I didn't, I knew what was coming somehow.

Also, the teasing of Duggan quotes from Legends House makes Duggan sound.. interesting

So we get another week of this next Monday Night!

Roddy Piper's childhood story is tragic, but sad to say it is not that uncommon.  When I was in school I wrote a feature on foster kids, and every single one of them had a story that was just as bad if not much worse.  He is a great storyteller though.

Have we talked about the Edge episode of Talk Is Jericho? Besides the Nexus SummerSlam match, that is. It's a really good two parter. Lots of stuff I didn't know about, and it's about a guy who was on fire during my favorite time of WWF/E, so it was a good listen. I want to listen to the Bret & Austin ones, but I've heard their stories so many times.

Have we talked about the Edge episode of Talk Is Jericho? Besides the Nexus SummerSlam match, that is. It's a really good two parter. Lots of stuff I didn't know about, and it's about a guy who was on fire during my favorite time of WWF/E, so it was a good listen. I want to listen to the Bret & Austin ones, but I've heard their stories so many times.

Talk Is Jericho has its own thread:

http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1165-talk-is-jericho/

unless I misheard the sentence fragments, Roddy claimed that kids in Canada still have to get naked to swim at school? or maybe they just did in the 60s. 

He meant back in his day not now. It seemed a little far fetched to me too but googling it, it wasn't an uncommon occurance at the time for many schools in Canada & the US. 

The Condrey story works a lot better if you picture Hickerson as his P.Y. Chu Hi character.

I listened to the podcast with the single intent of finding the story.  I ended up listening to pretty much all of both parts.  Cornette is a great story teller and has a lot of stories to tell.  It was fascinating.

I haven't listened to too many Austin shows but I swear if WWE hasn't approached him about doing a Larry King style weekly talk show for the network, they really should.  He'd be worth whatever he asks.

Someone suggested in another thread having a show on the WWE network where old-timers just sat around shooting the doo-doo and playing cards. If Steve Austin isn't perfect for the host of that show, idk who is...