DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER(s) OF THE DAY: THE HEADHUNTERS

RIPPA

What is the difference between normal barbed wire and Caribbean barbed wire?

Caribbean barbed wire - barbed wire looped around the ropes.  "Regular" barbed wire - barbed wire in place of ropes.

That's the worst punchline I've ever heard.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

The Headhunters are 1 of my alltime favorite teams. I read their first gig was as cousins of Abdullah the Butcher. Then they were on the cover of PWI, then the business changed and ginormous black guys were out, even if they could do moonsaults. I also read that Paul Heyman said they weren’t hardcore enough (what!) but I think he thought much of the above and didn’t want to take a chance. While they did work for ECW they were just kind of there.

Anyway the TV match they had against Nakami and Ohno is 1 of the funnest brawls ever. I had to track that down from tystates years ago, as it was available but only clipped on bloody matches comps. I’ve seen a couple more matches between those 2 and the match they had against each other. I’m probably behind on these guy’s matches the most out of all my favorite guys. As fun as their death match stuff was, they belonged in the old school. They could have been alltime greats.

They really wrestled Bam Bam and Vader? That’s a dang dream match lol!

Edited by BloodyChamp