DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER(s) OF THE DAY: THE HEADHUNTERS

RIPPA

Finally decided to roll a tag team. Generally I won't do any teams that are comprised of guys who also had a lot of singles work... or teams that were around for a hot minute.

Anyhoo - I think my favorite thing about the Headhunters was doing the 500 and always saying B was the better of the two.

And I will start off with the obvious match to post of them

• Like 1

Did the Headhunters ask for too much money or prefer to be paid in steaks?  Why did Paul E never bring them to ECW.  They'd have been a perfect fit.

And yeah, Headhunter B was the worker of the team.

Did the Headhunters ask for too much money or prefer to be paid in steaks?  Why did Paul E never bring them to ECW.  They'd have been a perfect fit.

I am an idiot and cannot figure out how to embed from Dailymotion but...

Headhunters in ECW!

I DID NOT HAVE SUNSHINE NETWORK AT THE TIME~! :lol:

ECW wasn't this far south in the late 90's, IIRC.  We were Horsemen country. 

I had to rely on tape trading to see Headhunter matches from Japan and Mexico.  My friend, Rob, had to tape ECW for me when it aired on Saturday mornings in Buffalo.  That is how I became a Sabu mark.

How long did the Hunters stay in ECW?

Headhunters in ECW!

For some reason, the Harris brothers vs the Headhunters from ECW doesn't exist on the normal internet.

The Harris Brothers worked the Headhunters?  That does not sound good on paper.unless there was blood involved and a fatboy moonsault.

I have always heard (and seen on the wikis) that they showed up in the WWE managed by Cornette but I have never ever seen the match anywhere ever ever.

What is the difference between normal barbed wire and Caribbean barbed wire?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR18Bt2jFOg

Headhunters in ECW!

For some reason, the Harris brothers vs the Headhunters from ECW doesn't exist on the normal internet.

Yeah.  That was the ECW match I was looking for but...in my quest, I found this -

Headhunters v. Hansen/Vader!

I have always heard (and seen on the wikis) that they showed up in the WWE managed by Cornette but I have never ever seen the match anywhere ever ever.

Courtesy wwe.com - Headhunters on Raw!

The Headhunters were also in a Rumble - the 96 one in fact which we already covered under Takao Omori

Also - one of the earliest times I heard of the Headhunters... and well ECW for that matter was because the Headhunters wrestled Crash the Terminator and Miguel Perez Jr in a baseball bat match.

For some reason the Apter mags LOVED talking about that match.

It doesn't appear to be on the interwebs.

EDIT - AH-HA!!! The entire card is online. The baseball bat match is the main event so you can skip to the mark 1:29:20 mark

http://youtu.be/bnERuz9cFrY

And it really brings back memories because the video quality is so very JoMosh level

Which makes me pour through WCW Nitro archives to find out what was on that was so awesome that I missed this segment.

They were supposed to be in the NWA tag tourney that WCW did in '92 but they were booked to lose to Hase & Nogami in the first round, and I guess Victor Quinones decided he didn't want his guys losing to a NJ team and pulled them at the last minute. So instead we got Arn Anderson and Bob Cook (IIRC) wearing masks and billed as the Headhunters.

Which makes me pour through WCW Nitro archives to find out what was on that was so awesome that I missed this segment.

Nitro - June 30, 1997

• WCW World Cruiserweight Title Match: Chris Jericho © defeated Juventud Guerrera (6:48)
  • Singles Match: Eddie Guerrero defeated Dean Malenko (3:59)
  • WCW World Television Title Match: Steven Regal © defeated Hector Garza (3:36)
  • Singles Match: Psychosis defeated Super Calo (2:40)
  • Six Man Tag Team Match: The Four Horsemen (Chris Benoit, Ric Flair & Steve McMichael) defeated The nWo (Buff Bagwell, Masahiro Chono & Scott Norton) by disqualification (3:31)
  • Tag Team Match: High Voltage (Kenny Kaos and Robbie Rage) defeated Mortis & Wrath (1:15)
  • WCW United States Heavyweight Title Match: Jeff Jarrett © defeated Konnan (4:11)
  • Singles Match: Kevin Nash defeated Rey Misterio Jr. (1:48)
  • Six Man Tag Team Match: Diamond Dallas Page, Lex Luger & The Giant vs. The nWo (Kevin Nash, Randy Savage & Scott Hall) (w / Elizabeth) - No Contest (4:00)

Had to have either been the Chono sighting during the Horsemen / nWo match, Eddy vs. Malenko, Garza vs. Regal, or Psycosis vs. Super Calo playing out for the billionth time.  That mid-card looks pretty solid.

For DEAN. I think these are Headhunter L and Headhunter M:

Why did they show that reply over and over. Even with the narration I can't tell what's going on.

UGH! That skinny girl dislocates her elbow. OWW! Like Eddie on RAW but with NO muscle... Wow, so gross.

They were supposed to be in the NWA tag tourney that WCW did in '92 but they were booked to lose to Hase & Nogami in the first round, and I guess Victor Quinones decided he didn't want his guys losing to a NJ team and pulled them at the last minute. So instead we got Arn Anderson and Bob Cook (IIRC) wearing masks and billed as the Headhunters.

Actually I think the Headhunters pulled themselves out over loyalty to Quinones.

They teamed with Apollo Dantes once or twice in CMLL. "Apollo Dantes and the Headhunters" is my dream rockabilly band name and would look really punk rock on a business card.

• Like 1

Actually I think the Headhunters pulled themselves out over loyalty to Quinones.

Either way it was very disappointing, since I'd read about them in the Observer but hadn't seen them yet.

The Headhunters were awesome. I made a six disk comp of them.

HEADHUNTERS IN ECW
Running Time: 1:27

Headhunters vs. Ivan & Vladimir Koloff (Tag Team Title Tournament 8/17/93)
Headhunters vs. Miguel Perez Jr. & Crash the Terminator (Barbed Wire Bat Match, Ultra Clash 9/18/93)
Headhunters vs. Axl Rotten & El Puerto Riccano (Big Apple Blizzard Blast 2/3/96)
Headhunters vs. Bruise Brothers - Ron & Don Harris (Cyberslam 2/17/96)
Headhunters vs. Bubba Ray Dudley & Dances with Dudley (Big Ass Extreme Bash 3/8/96)
Headhunters vs. Gangstas vs. Sandman & 2 Cold Scorpio (Big Ass Extreme Bash 3/9/96)
Headhunters vs. Gangstas vs. Sandman & 2 Cold Scorpio (Massacre on Queens Boulevard 4/13/96)

HEAD HUNTERS IN W*ING, FMW
Running Time: 1:39

6/11/92 Head Hunters, Mr. Pogo, Super Invader vs. Jason, Mitsutero Tokuda, Masa Toi, Hiroshi Shimoda (Elimination)
8/15/92 Head Hunters vs. Mr. Pogo, Mitsuhiro Matsunaga
11/93 Head Hunters vs. Gedo, Jado
2/11/94 Head Hunters vs. Jason, Leatherface
2/15/94 Head Hunters vs. Shoji Nakamaki, Kazuhiku Matsuzaki

Head Hunters vs. Tarzan Goto, Mr. Gannosuke (Bath House Death Match)
3/15/96 Head Hunter A, Shoji Nakamaki vs. Masato Tanaka, Koji Nakagama
3/30/96 Head Hunters vs. Super Leather, Jason
5/5/96 Head Hunters, Super Leather vs. Gladiator, Horace Boulder, Hisakatsu Oya

HEADHUNTERS IN IWA
Running Time: 2:02

Headhunters vs. Shoji Nakamaki & Hiroshi Ono (Barbed Wire Glass Death Match, Total War 10/16/94)
Headhunters vs. Silver King & Texano (Fire on Earth 11/13/94)
Headhunters vs. Dick Slater & Nobutaka Araya (Texas Bronco Homecoming 11/17/94)
Headhunters vs. Kendo Nagasaki & Iceman (clips, Barbed Wire Bat Match, 3/7/95)
Headhunters vs. Terry Funk & Hiroshi Ono (4/3/95)
Headhunter A vs. Headhunter B (Glass Death Match, 5/1/95)
Headhunters vs. Silver King & El Texano (IWA tag titles, KOTDM 8/20/95)
Headhunters vs. Terry Gordy & Keisuke Yamada (clips, IWA/NWA Tag Team Tournament 10/5/95)
Headhunters vs. Miguel Perez Jr. & Flying Kid Ichihara (clips, 10/5/95)

HEADHUNTERS IN MEXICO VOL. 1
Running Time: 1:45

8/94 Headhunters vs. Norman Smiley, Mano Negro (EMLL Tag Team Tournament)
8/94 Headhunters vs. Negro Casas, El Dandy (EMLL Tag Team Tournament)
8/94 Headhunters vs. Miguel Perez Jr., Ricky Santana (EMLL Tag Team Tournament)
11/25/95 Headhunters vs. Vampiro Canadiense, Silver King (EMLL)
9/26/98 Headhunter II vs. Mascara 2000 (Grand Prix Tournament)
9/26/98 Headhunter I vs. Boricua (Grand Prix Tournament)
9/26/98 Headhunter I vs. Rayo de Jalisco Jr. (Grand Prix Tournament)
10/3/98 Headhunters, Rayo de Jalisco Jr. vs. Dr. Wagner, Universo 2000, Steel (CMLL)

HEADHUNTERS IN MEXICO VOL. 2
Running Time: 1:52

1/29/00 Headhunters, Cibernetico vs. Octagon, Hector Garza, Heavy Metal
2/5/00 Headhunters, Cibernetico, Miguel Perez Jr. vs. Octagon, Hector Garza, Heavy Metal, Perro Aguayo
1/01 Headhunters, Jerry Estrada vs. Mascara Sagrada, Canek, Dos Caras
2/6/01 Headhunters, Cibernetico vs. Mascara Sagrada, Latin Lover, Abismo Negro (Steel Cage)
BONUS MATCHES
12/2/98 Headhunters vs. Mitsuharu Misawa, Yoshinari Ogawa
4/2/95 Headhunters, Cactus Jack vs. Terry Funk, Shoji Nakamaki, Leatherface
9/11/97 Headhunters, Jake Roberts vs. Hayabusa, Masato Tanaka, Jinsei Shinzaki (Terry Funk's Wrestlefest)

HEADHUNTERS IN PUERTO RICO
Running Time: 1:26

10/29/99 Headhunters vs. Antifaz, Jesus Christobal
11/5/99 Headhunters vs. Pablo Marquez, Andy Anderson
11/19/99 Headhunters vs. Julio Sanchez, Brett Sanders
12/17/99 Headhunters vs. Antifaz, Rey Buccanero vs. Julio Sanchez, Brett Sanders
1/00 Headhunters vs. Miguel Perez Jr., Jesus Castillo Jr.
Headhunters, Perfect 10 vs. Miguel Perez Jr., Jesus Castillo Jr., Ricky Banderas
Headhunters, Perfect 10 vs. Miguel Perez Jr., Jesus Castillo Jr., Ricky Banderas
Headhunters vs. Miguel Perez Jr., Jesus Castillo Jr.
SPECIAL BONUS
Headhunters in the 1996 WWF Royal Rumble
Jim Cornette sends the Headhunters in during the WWF 1997 Tag Team Title Tournament