DVDVR Message Board

YOUR 2014 INTERNET MATCHES OF THE YEAR THREAD

cubbymark

CMLL- Blue Panther vs Negro motherfucking Casa- 1/21/2014:  Jebus, how did this lay around for so long.  I blame myself and the cubsfan for going back to being thecubsfan and confusing me at my age. 

------------------------

CMLL- La Máscara, Rush, Titán vs Terrible, Vangelis, Virus- 1/21/2014:  GAAAAH! TOO MUCH AWESOME! MIND EXPLODING!  Virus/ Rush sections are soooo fucking MANLY.

BIG JAPAN The PRO WRESTLING-Daichi Hashimoto & Kazuki Hashimoto vs. Kohei Sato & Ryuichi Kawakami- 3/21/2014:  DOUBLE HASH~~! add in the alluring Kawakami and the aged old guy Kohei Sato and you've some pro wrestling I will try to watch. This match is what they call stiff as fudge.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ivm6v_daichi-hashimoto-kazuki-hashimoto-vs-kohei-sato-ryuichi-kawakami-bjw_sport

Mio Shirai Produce-Hiroyo Matsumoto & Tomoka Nakagawa © vs. Mayumi Ozaki & Yumi Ohka- 3/2/2014:  This is all kinds of fun.  I forgot about Ohka and my desire to disappoint her very quickly.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1kg3xa_hiroyo-matsumoto-tomoka-nakagawa-c-vs-mayumi-ozaki-yumi-ohka-oz_sport

Year started good for Xplosion Nacional de Lucha here in Chile

XL and Hellspawn vs Ghurka and Red Rocket vs Anarko Montaña and Fear

This is the last match of XL and Hellspawn before they go to Mexico (Hellspawn) and to Pro Wrestling NOAH (XL). Tons of fun in this match, it's an stiff encounter with a lot of tag team moves and a little bit of brawling. One of the best matches I've ever seen in my country.

Hey man, not sure if you're not around anymore and this is falling on deaf ears, but who is who in this match?

I'm still around :D XL or Xtra Large is the only guy without mask or facial paint, Hellspawn is the Great Muta cosplay, Red Rocket is the red robot with horns, Ghurka is the green robot with horns, Fear is the Sting/Crown face paint, and Anarko Montaña the one with the blue mask

I hope that helps you

• Like 1

All Star - 15/3/14 - Spitfire/Cannon/Mason/Allmark Vs. Mastiff/Cruz/Thunder/Dynamite: Almost half an hour of solid fun, a bunch of good wrestlers - Thunder is one of those guys who seems to only show up on tape rarely, looking shit hot every time, it might just be the mask though, and the jacket.

• Like 3

Calvin Rose vs Aeon Flexx WRESTLING FOR THE BANDITS - March 21, 2014 - Laurel, MS.

This was a benefit show put on my Calvin. Who has been around close to 15 or so years now.

Main event from the same card as the above match.

Aeon Flexx,Lukas Frost,Monty Warbucks vs Calvin Rose,Steve Starr And Barry Wolf

Lukas Frost vs Barry Wolf

All Star - 15/3/14 - Spitfire/Cannon/Mason/Allmark Vs. Mastiff/Cruz/Thunder/Dynamite: Almost half an hour of solid fun, a bunch of good wrestlers - Thunder is one of those guys who seems to only show up on tape rarely, looking shit hot every time, it might just be the mask though, and the jacket.

3-out-of-5 for a 8 man just seems so obvious that you wonder why you never thought of it.  It just allows for so much interesting storytelling.  Like for instance, the second fall comes off a tombstone piledriver and the heels immediately go for a cover as the third fall begins and you totally buy into it because why not drop a fall that quickly?  Cruz came of well to me as a jerk face jerk and I found him to be one of the best parts of the contest.  I also love that All Star likes to do shows in a stage setting and it provides for interesting visual presentation.

Again Fog Horns make the best ring bells.

It also allows for individual stories to weave in and out of the narrative easily so when Thunder gets his team a fall with a knee from the outside for fall 3, it plays off when he makes a mistake and hits Cruz with the same knee to end fall 4.  Also when Robbie avoids Deano at all costs in fall one, it pays off at the very end when Dean finally gets to take Robbie out.  

I love this match!  Very simple stuff that you can get with zero context but totally entertaining.

• Like 1

Thunder is the head trainer at Robbie Brookside's school now that Brookside is at NXT, so I think that takes up most of his time. Always liked him, mainly because he's a local lad and his dad, Tony "Banger" Walsh, is one of only two wrestlers that I have a photo with.

Loved the match too, thought the ring announcer helped after fall three, highlighting the jeopardy Team Deano was in by needing two falls to win instead of one for Team Dynamite. Everyone looked good there, even the guys I don't really know too much about like Cannon and Spitfire.

All Star are on such a good run nowadays. When I think about the dreck they used to put out in the early 2000's, it like a whole different promotion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=abqOvONTLiA

I'm just gonna leave this here. It has to be watched. By YOU.

One wonders who rough off Fujiwara has to be to be getting hit with exploding chairs in his old age. Not gonna lie; when Onita hit that button I thought the ring was going to explode like an FMW show in like a minute.

AAA- Faby Apache, Jennifer Blake, La Jarochita vs Mary Apache, Sexy Star, Taya Valkyrie- 3/29/2014:  Teeny tiny pants REMATCH!  This match is longer for midnight choking pleasure.

Updated for 4/13 (New additions in bold)

NOW JAN 1 – DEC 31

WWE:

The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family (2/23) *****

Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Batista (4/6) ****1/2

Daniel Bryan vs. HHH (4/6) ****1/2

Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt (1/26) ****1/2

Antonio Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn (2/27) ****1/2

Antonio Cesaro vs. John Cena (2/17) ****1/2

The Elimination Chamber (2/23) ****1/4

The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family (4/8) ****1/4

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt (4/6) ****1/4

The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family (3/3) ****1/4

John Cena vs. Luke Harper (3/24) ****

Real Americans vs. The Shield (3/24) ****

Antonio Cesaro vs. Randy Orton (2/17) ****

The Shield vs. Bryan/Cena/Sheamus  (1/27) ****

Paige vs. Emma (2/27) ****

CM Punk vs. Roman Reigns (1/6) ****

The Shield vs. CM Punk & The Usos (1/3) ****

Puro:

Masato Yoshino vs. Masaaki Mochizuki (1/16) (DG) *****

Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii (2/11) (NJPW) ****3/4

Ricochet vs. Uhaa Nation (3/6) (DG) ****3/4

Takagi/Yoshino/Tozawa vs. Hulk/Doi/Kong vs. Kanda/Kagetora/QuuQuu vs/ Eita/T-Hawk/Flamita (4/8) (DG) ****1/2

Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii (4/6) (NJPW) ****1/2

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (4/6) (NJPW) ****1/2

Takagi/Yoshino/Tozawa vs. Susumu/Kagetora/Horiguchi vs, Eita/Maria/Flamita (3/6) (DG) ****1/2

Kazuchika Okada vs. Kota Ibushi (3/6) (NJPW) ****1/2

Kazuchika Okada vs. Tetsuya Naito (1/4) (NJPW) ****1/2

Kazuchika Okada vs. Hirooki Goto (2/11) (NJPW) ****1/2

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (2/9) (NJPW) ****1/2

Okada/Nakamura/Ishii vs. Goto/Tanahashi/Naito (2/2) (NJPW) ****1/2

YAMATO vs. Uhaa Nation (4/8) (DG) ****1/4

Taiji Ishimori vs. Daisuke Harada (3/8) (NOAH) ****1/4

Akebono vs. Go Shiozaki (2/23) (AJPW) ****1/4

Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii (3/15) (NJPW) ****1/4

Taiji Ishimori vs. Hajime Ohara (1/19) (NOAH) ****1/4

Shibata/Goto vs. Okada/YOSHI-HASHI (2/9) (NJPW) ****1/4

Atsushi Aoki vs. Kotaro Suzuki (2/5) (AJPW) ****1/4

Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hirooki Goto (1/4) (NJPW) ****1/4

Golden Lovers vs. Yankii Ni Cho Kenji vs. Endo/Takeshita (1/26) (DDT) ****

Masaaki Mochizuki vs. T-Hawk (1/12) (DG) ****

Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!! vs. Super Shiisa (1/12) (DG) ****

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (1/4) (NJPW) ****

Prince Devitt vs. Kota Ibushi (1/4) (NJPW) ****

KENTA vs. Takeshi Morishima (1/5) (NOAH) ****

Mascara Dorada vs. Volador Jr. (1/19) (NJPW) ****

Akebono vs. Kento Miyahara (3/18) (AJPW) ****

Masato Yoshino vs. Ricochet (3/2) (DG) ****

The Jimmys vs. CIMA/Shiisa/K-Ness (3/2) (DG) ****

Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!! vs. Yosuke SantaMaria (3/1) (DG) ****

Yuji Nagata vs. KENTA (2/22) (NOAH) ****

Nakamura/Ishii vs. Naito/Tanahashi (3/6) (NJPW) ****

PWG:

Chris Hero vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Drake Younger vs. Kyle O’Reilly (1/31) ****1/4

Inner City Machine Guns vs. African American Wolves (1/31) ****

DGUSA/EVOLVE:

Johnny Gargano vs. Ricochet (4/4) ****1/4

Masato Tanaka vs. Chris Hero (4/4) ****1/4

AR Fox vs. Chris Hero (2/23) ****1/4

Johnny Gargano vs. Roderick Strong (2/23) ****

Nese/Trent vs. Swann/Strickland (2/23) ****

Ricochet vs. Chris Hero (1/10) **** 

ROH:

AJ Styles vs. Roderick Strong (2/1) ****1/4

reDRagon vs. Adrenaline RUSH (2/21) ****

wXw:

Tommy End vs. Jonathan Gresham (3/15) ****1/2

Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero (3/16) ****1/4

Johnny Gargano vs. Big Van Walter (3/15) ****1/4

Hot & Spicy vs. Inner City Machine Guns (3/14) ****1/4

Other:

Virus vs. Titan (1/28) (CMLL) ****1/2

Noches de Coliseo- Cirio Negro I, Golden Boy, Rey Demonio Jr. vs Darling Boy, Larry Miranda, Tony Boy- 1/19/2014: I almost forgot aboot the exotic awesomeness of Larry Miranda.