DVDVR Message Board

YOUR 2014 INTERNET MATCHES OF THE YEAR THREAD

cubbymark

This stuff too - An exhibition from the opening of an exhibition on lucha libre. Solar, Super Astro and Ultraman vs Black Terry, Shu el Guerrero and Mosco de la Merced. Short, fun and the bulk of it is Solar vs Terry so you get some tricky stuff. Super Astro can still sell a low blow like death.

Every match on this is decent, if you like shoot style stuff at all. The main event is Kenichi Yamamoto's 20th anniversary/retirement match, Hikaru Sato cries his wee heart out.

The Hunter Brothers vs the London Riots

The Hunters have had an insanely good 2014. A few slips mean I wouldn't quite put this up with the matches vs the Henchmen, the Young Wolves or Flips & Forearms, but it's still really fun. I love the Riots' elevated spear, always looks great.

• Like 1

Did this get talked about already? Love how the pace picks up. Everything looks like it hurts.

Karonte is apparently 59, and brawls like a bastard. It's a proper knock down, drag out mask vs hair match. Really good, and the crowd are right into it. I feel like I want to watch a bunch of indie apuestas matches now.

The search for indie wager matches was fun but didn't yield many great matches, though I have seen a bunch of tubby guys bleeding a lot, getting hit with filthy pieces of wood and such. Unsurprisingly, the best one involved Charles Lucero, I'd never seen Dos Rios before, terrible name.

Lucero had a series of matches with Silver Star that are worth watching -

Silver Star vs Charles Lucero 2/3/14 and Silver Star vs Charles Lucero 22/6/14 - Very similar matches. I like the second better, though the first has some nasty bumps in the third fall. This one is my favourite by far though -

And since it seems I'm spamming this thread anyway -

Vintage Wrestling -15/11/14: Florida indie War Games match. I dunno if it's just that I haven't seen a War Games match in ages but I really enjoyed this. You get J.J. Dillon managing the babyfaces, Milo Beasley bumping like a freak, a big hoss tag team in Biff Slater and Don Maximo, Simon Sez being a true face, Bad News Jon Davis, a bit of blood and a guy named DEATHROW JETHRO!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am so bloody delighted that Mastiff/Conners match made it online. Was there live for it, and it's one of the best matches I saw live this year (only beaten by Sabre Jr vs Pete Dunne). Conners has had a really great year, he's a really good face wrestler, but also an unbearable prick as a heel, which is where he excels. He's had some belters this year against Rampage, CJ Banks and Chris Masters, and I can really see him being one to watch in BritWres next year. Thanks for posting the match.

Conners takes a pasting for most of this. Great fun.

Dirty Andy Dalton is a favourite of mine, he really shines even in some crap matches, what with his greasy, whiny charm. This is good though, Watanabe looks about 200% meaner than the last time I saw him.

Dalton works alot for NWA Elite Championship Wrestling and NWA Bayou Independent Wrestling. Last July got to see him vs Vordell Walker in a fun main event.

Dalton works alot for NWA Elite Championship Wrestling and NWA Bayou Independent Wrestling. Last July got to see him vs Vordell Walker in a fun main event.

I liked that well enough but I have to say I remember the ongoing conversation was really distracting, was that you filming it? I should watch it again really.

I am so bloody delighted that Mastiff/Conners match made it online. Was there live for it, and it's one of the best matches I saw live this year (only beaten by Sabre Jr vs Pete Dunne). Conners has had a really great year, he's a really good face wrestler, but also an unbearable prick as a heel, which is where he excels. He's had some belters this year against Rampage, CJ Banks and Chris Masters, and I can really see him being one to watch in BritWres next year. Thanks for posting the match.

Any recommendations where he's doing the unbearable prick bit? I think I've only seen him as a face, he's good in this too, even if it's all a bit showcaseish.

I liked that well enough but I have to say I remember the ongoing conversation was really distracting, was that you filming it? I should watch it again really.

Any recommendations where he's doing the unbearable prick bit? I think I've only seen him as a face, he's good in this too, even if it's all a bit showcaseish.

Nah that was another local fan. He records most shows and does commentary on his videos. I usually just record and never talk. But when I do I make jokes about local indies that no one will get.

• Like 1

Most of his heel work is done for Southside Wrestling in the East Mids/Stevenage area. He's currently started a faction, where he's the leader of the "Righteous Army", with Jimmy Havoc being his first recruit thus far. This match from earlier this year is a good example of his heel work

http://youtu.be/7pNgautIpPM

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So this just got posted over at Cubsfan's site, but it's from back in November so I figured it belonged in this thread.  No matter what this is an awesome match!

Hechicero vs Guerrero Maya Jr. should be a license to print money.

• 2 weeks later...