DVDVR Message Board

YOUR 2014 INTERNET MATCHES OF THE YEAR THREAD

cubbymark

• 4 weeks later...

I promised myself I would give that match a try and then 75 seconds in they threw approximately 1,032 forearms at each other in an exchange.  That was enough for me.

14/6/14 - Matsue Dandan Pro Wrestling - Rauza, Crusher Muramatsu, Shinya Ishikawa vs Matsue Deluxe, Almighty Inoue, Kazuki Hashimoto. I dig Muramatsu and Deluxe but this is really about the Big Japan guys rolling into town and beating people silly. My giant-sized bookmarks tab pays off again.

Crusher Muramatsu

Now THAT is a wrestling name I can 100% support! WWE needs to start giving guys names like this. Now I'm imagining Cesaro coming in as Crusher Cesaro...

EDIT: The latter is a horrible idea and I'm glad we have Japan for this fantasy

14/6/14 - Matsue Dandan Pro Wrestling - Rauza, Crusher Muramatsu, Shinya Ishikawa vs Matsue Deluxe, Almighty Inoue, Kazuki Hashimoto. I dig Muramatsu and Deluxe but this is really about the Big Japan guys rolling into town and beating people silly. My giant-sized bookmarks tab pays off again.

I subscribed to that a while ago because of stuff that you posted back yonder.  I now realize I must start watching them immediately.

Last night, I went to a show which featured a fantastic Dave Mastiff vs Joseph Conners match, which has led to me watching a few Conners matches on YouTube today. This one vs CJ Banks from a month or so ago, whilst not as good as the Mastiff bout last night (which I pray gets online soon), is still really good. Banks and Conners are in the midst of a best-of-5 series, so this is a great evenly matched bout with an ending that could have gone either way.

This is getting good hype.

Biff Busick vs. Timothy Thatcher from the Beyond Wrestling 4/13/14 secret show at the CZW Academy.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgYT_JjsXEM

NWA Bayou Independent Wrestling

May 24th 2014

Apoc vs John Saxon vs Houston Carson vs Superkick Frankie Thomas

Never heard of or seen Apoc before this match. But Saxon has been around the Gulf Coast area for years now.And is really good. Houston Carson mostly works the Texas indies and IIRC is current NWA Woman's World champion Barbi Hayden's boyfriend. Superkick is a guy that has majorly improved since the first time I saw him almost 2 years ago. He was in the main event of the first Last Rites Championship Wrestling show. A show that has been nicknamed "The Heroes of Wrestling of MS indy wrestling". Mostly because of how big of a bomb it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy9-KYkjxvQ

Powerslam Productions

April 26th 2014 Petal Mississippi

PSP Tag Team Champs Big Ramp Enterprises (Reggie Krimsyn Matthews.WildCard Jay Spade with manager Big Ramp) vs The Future Foundation (Lukas Frost/Kool Jay Steele)

Held at the Powershack. This was the first show PSP held at their new training center. Lukas Frost is a long time vet of the MS/LA indy scene. And since coming back last fall from foot surgery has really stepped up his game. Kool Jay Steele is another long time vet of the MS indy scene. Him and Reggie Matthews trained together and have had an almost 2 year long feud happening. Wildcard Jay Spade is the rookie of this match. He IIRC made his debut at Powerslams Spring Bash 2014 show. Big Ramp is IMHO one of the best managers in the indies.In many ways he reminds me of mid 80s era Bobby Heenan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpuwGuGDtuE

Powerslam Productions

The Chalmation Sensation Danny Flamingo vs Socorro #1 contenders match

Danny is fairly new,but already has shown signs of being good. For the people not from the area Chalmette LA is kind of this weird redneck backwoods town right outside NOLA. Socorro,who use to be Sgt Socorro,has been wrestling for at least 3 years. And is one of those guys that is good at almost everything. The winner of the match will get a shot at current PSP Heavyweight champ Wes Adams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fh2s1SmOoc

Powerslam Productions

Powerslam Heavyweight Champion Wes Adams vs Aeon Flexx

With Wes recently announcing his upcoming retirement,I figured it was time to share a few more Wes matches. This is the first match held in Powerslams training center,The Powershack. Aeon Flexx has been working the Mississippi/Alabama indy scene for at least 10 years now. Wes has been working the deep south scene for almost 15 years. So both guys have plenty of experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMMbpKUBT0o

NWA Elite Championship Wrestling

March 8th 2014 Meridian Mississippi

Mr 450 Steve Anthony vs John Saxon

These guys have been feuding for over a year. With the feud going through at least 3 feds,NWA Bayou Independent Wrestling,NWA Elite Championship Wrestling and the now dead Traditional Championship Wrestling.This is the final match of that feud.