DVDVR Message Board

All Things Borderlands

RIPPA

Isn't the simpler idea the cheaper one?  Don't buy it for 6-12 months, pick it up on sale, and vote with your wallet?

Oh, fuck me I'm sorry.  This is the video game forum.  I'll stop making sense, promise.

Edited by Contentious C

14 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Isn't the simpler idea the cheaper one?  Don't buy it for 6-12 months, pick it up on sale, and vote with your wallet?

Oh, fuck me I'm sorry.  This is the video game forum.  I'll stop making sense, promise.

I get what you're saying, but I'm the type of gamer who gets excited about games and want to play them when they launch.  If I wait 6 months, odds are I'm never going to play that game, because I don't care as much.  I'm going to play Borderlands 3 on September 13th 2019, 6 months after that I'd be excited about something else.

The whole notion that Epic is somehow going to be good for consumers is such a load of shit. "Good for consumers" would be actual choice of platform to buy on, which leads to competition between them. Exclusives do literally nothing for consumers at all, if people want to defend that, that's fine, but you're just outing yourself as a pro-corporate narc and a complete fool at that point.

I wouldn't even mind that much if Epic wasn't a giant security black hole, but it's an actually embarrassing piece of software engineering. At least the GOG launcher and Origin (barely) are competent pieces of design.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did, or at least tried, a couple of Tannis' ridiculous overpowered missions last night for BL2.  Best part was running into Scorch on the second run through.  We killed all the little shit around him and then he went psycho on me.  He totally ignored melraz, who was shooting/punching him, but spent about 5 minutes chasing me in circles around a rock.

Game wanted me to deliver 5 packages in 90 seconds. I tried it twice, then invited the game to kiss my ass. I then tried to find some critter and kept falling into the water, taking away huge chunks of my hard-earned money. I also invited that mission to kiss my ass.

I know the exact mission stout is trying to do and I loathed it... I am not even quite sure I ever finished

I definitely remember watching videos on how to do it that is for sure

General question for Borderlands 2's True Vault Hunter mode... Lets say I get my character to level 50, will it keep leveling him/her up after that (like it did on normal mode) or will it cap out until I start Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode?

Edited by Shylock

I seem to recall it has a cap.

It's been a couple years since I touched this, but man Borderlands 2 is still fun. My favourite build ever was a melee-focussed Mania Krieg, this time around I am doing a Hellborn Krieg which is gonna end up being all about lighting myself on fire to get more Gun, because that's science bitches.

Ran the bar brawl at Pyro Pete’s on infinite loop for Torgue tokens. Used my OP2 mechromancer in the first play through.  It was good stuff. Deathtrap’s kill counter was about 850 before I stopped.  Finally had to quit after I hit the max token count and the game started struggling with the number of dead bodies/drops in the bar

Friggin impossible for me to find the endings of some of the missions. I go all over the place, no luck. And to beat it all, even though the game says "Hey, relax , guy, fall as far as you want," but as soon as I start to fall, I'm dead. Sweet of 'em. Meanwhile, it's costing me about $200,000 a fall, and I've gone  from "wow, money is not a problem" to "wow, I might have to quit filling up on ammo everytime I see a machine."

3 guns: sniper rifle, does fire damage

regular rifle, packs a punch but doesn't do damage afterward

pistol, does fire damage, used to love it, don't care for it now.

Gotta figure out what to sell and what to keep. I have an idea. Gotta sell leftover crap for pennies on the dollar.

Love my grenade. Lands, explodes, spits out seven more projectiles, they explode.

13 hours ago, jstout said:

Friggin impossible for me to find the endings of some of the missions. I go all over the place, no luck. And to beat it all, even though the game says "Hey, relax , guy, fall as far as you want," but as soon as I start to fall, I'm dead. Sweet of 'em. Meanwhile, it's costing me about $200,000 a fall, and I've gone  from "wow, money is not a problem" to "wow, I might have to quit filling up on ammo everytime I see a machine."

3 guns: sniper rifle, does fire damage

regular rifle, packs a punch but doesn't do damage afterward

pistol, does fire damage, used to love it, don't care for it now.

Gotta figure out what to sell and what to keep. I have an idea. Gotta sell leftover crap for pennies on the dollar.

Love my grenade. Lands, explodes, spits out seven more projectiles, they explode.

What level are you now?  melraz and I have a bunch of good stuff stored up for around level 50 or so.  

Been trying to get a decent Conference Call to drop for two days now from the Tiny Tina DLC.  I've got 10 or 11 regular ones, and two slag.  Really want an electric or at least a corrosive.

Got a B*tch from some random spider in that same DLC.  It's under leveled, but I'm just amazed one actually dropped like that.

10 minutes ago, jstout said:

I'm at 2 1/2 bars into level 33. I know there's a gun safe of sorts in Sanctuary, but I can't find it. I wanted to put four guns that are good with shields in storage for later.

There are two.  One is right across from Claptrap.  That one only holds four.  There is another upstairs in the building where Tannis, Roland, etc are.  Forget where that one is, but it can be expanded, same as the backpack.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Death From Above said:

It's crazy how much fun I have with this series even though at this point it holds zero surprises for me. If the complaint about Borderlands 3 is "it looks like more of the same" then GOOD.

I went back to Borderlands 2 because I needed sort of a palate cleanser after Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I like nuanced games with lots of choices and things like that but I also like to just load up games like Borderlands and Doom and shoot things in the face.

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure if this is the best place for it or not, but all of this shit with Randy Pitchford looks really bad. The Giant Bombcast got into with their episode this week, but this goes beyond what someone else posted in another thread about the original Claptrap voice actor.