DVDVR Message Board

All Things Borderlands

RIPPA

On 2/21/2020 at 10:28 AM, Robert C said:

Things that would make me possibly watch a BL movie.:

1 - not live action

2 - First scene has Scooter come back from the dead and strap Rhys and Vaughn to a rocket.  He then launches em into the nearest sun while hollering a triumphant catch a ride.  Neither of them is ever mentioned again.

3 - Every subsequent scene includes at least one of Tina, Torgue, Tannis or Wainwright Jakobs

I wish I knew how to do animation, because I'd start working on this immediately.

• Like 1

E-mail from Gearbox hyping "big Borderlands 3 news" at PAX East on Thursday, including the second campaign add-on.

Stream starts at 2:30 PM Eastern time on Thursday on Twitch, Mixer, and YouTube. Be there, aloha.

Edited by Gonzo

• 1 month later...

Between the slot machines dropping legendaries about 1/3 of the time, and badasses dropping em at least half the time, I've collected sooooooo much shitty orange stuff.  I was down to less than 40 things in my bank last week.  Damn thing's full now, and I haven't even played that much.  About time to clear out a bunch of crap.  Anybody need 27 Woodblockers?

It really not all that different.  The one major change is the level increase - but it's only seven levels total.  The three DLC's are self contained - they don't bleed into the main game.  There aren't that many weapons added, and none of the ones they added are much to worry about.  

Maurice's sorry ass is still around, but the skulls have pissed back off to heck.  Those were the only things that really bled into the main game.  Other than that it's just been nerfing/strengthening things and doing temporary events that drop extra orange stuff.

Started up today - as expected totally forgot what I was doing when I stopped. Loaded in and immediately started getting pelted by monkeys.

Also apparently killed Maxitrillion without really looking for him since it turned out I was in the middle of The Family Jewel mission

I was so happy when I finally got back to Sanctuary since I have so much shit sitting in my mail (because I forgot I had signed up for the Twitch rewards)

No memory of what weapons I had were good. Even worse - I don't remember what fucking build I was using for Amara so I now have unspent skill points until I can find what website I took said build from

Picking this back up during a loot event was a struck of luck on my part.

I literally have no where to put or carry all the shit that is just dropping

I honestly have no idea how long this game is (not counting DLC)

I don’t know if I’m in the home stretch or only starting 

The one thing I’m certain of is that I won’t be fucking doing any of these god damn timed delivery missions 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I honestly have no idea how long this game is (not counting DLC)

I don’t know if I’m in the home stretch or only starting 

The one thing I’m certain of is that I won’t be fucking doing any of these god damn timed delivery missions 

You're more than halfway done, just based on hitting one of those delivery missions.

Had something weird happen to me at the end of the Guns, Love, and Tentacles DLC. At least I thought it was weird. I'll spoiler it in case it's a thing that's actually supposed to happen.

Spoiler

So, I killed the final boss of the DLC, which really wasn't as difficult as some of the other bosses that the DLC had. Boss dies, talk to some people at the scene, and the credits start rolling. I start messing around with my phone while the credits are rolling and don't think anything of it.

Then, at points during the credits, I notice that the controller is vibrating, and occasionally there are little blood splotches that show up on the screen. Mind you, the end credits are still rolling while this is happening. After it happens a few more times, I look up and notice that I'm suddenly in "Fight For Your Life" mode. Apparently, I was getting attacked by stuff during the credits, which I didn't know was even a potential thing.

I killed the thing that was attacking me and got my second wind, and then went and finished things off (there's one post-script mission after the main storyline finishes.) Still, it's something to potentially be aware of if you finish it.

On 4/15/2020 at 1:20 PM, RIPPA said:

Its available for me - but I ain't fucking doing it

Those burger missions are by a mile my least favorite ones in the entire game

On 4/15/2020 at 2:18 PM, Gonzo said:

From the most recent DLC. . .

The Empowered Scholar may be the single most ridiculous boss fight in the history of the Borderlands series.

I hate that asshole. I died a billion times trying to jump those rocks.

Credit to melraz for telling me: if you don't want to jump up there, you can just sit still and fight all the other shit and let his shields build and he'll eventually jump back down so you can shoot him.

That fucking Molechar three-barred bastard that heals or protects him or whatever is worse that him in my opinion.

• Like 1