DVDVR Message Board

All Things Borderlands

RIPPA

Damn thing doesn't end till December 5.  Only good part of it is the loot ghosts.

I dunno if I just got lucky with guns/shields/etc or if this game is easier than BL2, but the ghosts are pretty much all that has got me killed in TVMH.  I breezed through one of the harder bosses last night, but then got killed because I took out too many varkids at once and the horde of ghosts overwhelmed me.

On 11/4/2019 at 5:33 PM, Robert C said:

Damn thing doesn't end till December 5.  Only good part of it is the loot ghosts.

I dunno if I just got lucky with guns/shields/etc or if this game is easier than BL2, but the ghosts are pretty much all that has got me killed in TVMH.  I breezed through one of the harder bosses last night, but then got killed because I took out too many varkids at once and the horde of ghosts overwhelmed me.

Something tells me my temporary hiatus from B3 is a good thing.

Edited by J.T.

I'm irritated with the Halloween thing too. Good thing I have The Outer Worlds to keep me entertained. I probably won't come back to BL3 until after the Maliwan Blacksite thing ends

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Robert C said:

If anybody needs a hundred shitty Ghost Call orange grenades, let me know.

Send one to me so that I can stick it on my Legendary Item Feng Shui wall in my quarters on Sanctuary.

I'm not the one to complain about orange guns but dang this game has a lot of them. Glad the update increased the gun safe by a ton. I did finally find an infinity pistol. I don't know why but I always kept one on bl2. Don't use it often but glad to have it. 

Oh and this new dlc mission is pretty dalm rough! 

Edited by melraz09

37 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Damnit.  Need to get back on.  Buried under a giant pile of shit at work right now that probably ain't gonna let me back on for at least a couple more weeks.

I've been working nights this week.  Hard to do anything other than reset grinding in D2 and then crashing so that I can be to work by 11PM EST.   At least I'll only have to work until 6AM for the last two nights and I'm off duty by Saturday morning.

Just beat the story mode. A little irritated with all the characters they left out from the previous games with no explanation (Salvador, Axton, Gaige, Krieg, Athena, Fiona, Janey Springs, Dr. Zed). Way too much Chris Hardwick talking for my liking. If it's possible for someone to have a punchable voice, Hardwick is that guy. 

Edited by BrianS81177

On 11/26/2019 at 10:35 PM, BrianS81177 said:

Just beat the story mode. A little irritated with all the characters they left out from the previous games with no explanation (Salvador, Axton, Gaige, Krieg, Athena, Fiona, Janey Springs, Dr. Zed). Way too much Chris Hardwick talking for my liking. If it's possible for someone to have a punchable voice, Hardwick is that guy. 

I couldn't agree more on Hardwick, but I must despise him so badly that my brain didn't even pick up on his voice.

Holy shit - I just Googled who he was in the game. No WONDER I hated the shit out of Vaughn.

• Like 1

I have no idea who Chris Hardwick is, but I HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Vaughn.

Game ain't the same without Scooter.  And it needs more Torgue.  And Tina.  And a DLC where Wainwright Jakobs spends the entire time mocking your enemies.

Tried to solo the Maliwan free DLC on the easiest setup I could do.  Made it to the final boss somehow.  Then got mauled.

The orange drop rate on Mayhem 3 is insane.  I went to my favorite spot on Athenas to collect guns to sell to Marcus so I could buy another bank SDU (next one is gonna cost over $12M).  Went in with 5 guns in my backpack.  After a few runs through, I had 17 additional things stored there, all orange.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:27 AM, Robert C said:

Didn't realize till last night that ratch can Mary Lou.  We're never gonna get Stout to play this game.

Nah. I hate first-person shooters, and can't stand the way I'd wander around for 3 hours trying to find the exit of the mission in BL:2. Then I'd fall off the map and lose 200 million credits. When everyone said "Borderlands 3 is a lot like Borderlands 2," I decided to take a pass on it.

On 12/7/2019 at 1:56 AM, jstout said:

Nah. I hate first-person shooters, and can't stand the way I'd wander around for 3 hours trying to find the exit of the mission in BL:2. Then I'd fall off the map and lose 200 million credits. When everyone said "Borderlands 3 is a lot like Borderlands 2," I decided to take a pass on it.

You made the right call, Stout. Don't get me wrong, I love the game. That being said, the map is absolute HELL to navigate quite a bit of the time and I have spent way too long trying to figure out how to get to a mission marker, get too frustrated, and just turn the game off.

I'd recommend skipping the game and just go get yourself a Pal's chili burger. Way more productive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/7/2019 at 12:56 AM, jstout said:

Oh, I knew you were never gonna get this one.  I just watched a bunch of Ratch (think bigass, carnivorous cockroach - it's a pretty realistic portrayal of East Texas) Mary Louing and thought "Stout would hate this shit".

Borderlands is weirdly the one FPS that I like (a large part of why I like GTA is that I can't aim for shit).  I think there are a bunch of reasons for that

- Dying ultimately doesn't matter much in the game

- There's some not so subtle aim assist

- No PVP

- Likable characters

The main thing I miss from BL2 was playing as the Mechromancer where you just shot in the general direction of whatever you were trying to hit, and let the ricochets do the work for you

But yeah, if you don't like BL2, BL3 ain't gonna be your thing.  The game is easier than 2, but the maps are somehow even more confusing.  The Killavolt and asteroid ones in particular drove me crazy.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:27 AM, Robert C said:

Didn't realize till last night that ratch can Mary Lou.  We're never gonna get Stout to play this game.

Yeah, I'm really tired of fucking Varkids being super elusive when I shoot at them.

I found it crazy that I've car bombed a million cars, but as soon as someone starts doing it to me, I get pissy about it. I should've gotten up high and cut off his crap, but it was really tough - is he coming from the left, right, behind or is he coming from the front, knowing I can't counter him.

Finally made it to Nekrotafeyo and through the first part of it to the ruins.

The Troy Calypso fight was. . .underwhelming. Of course, maybe that's because my whole strategy can be summarized as "Jump into Iron Bear, survive until I can jump into Iron Bear again, repeat." It's one of the few major boss fights I've gotten through without dying.

Still doing all of the crew challenges in each area before moving on to the next one. Probably a part of why I'm at level 43 and haven't reached the end yet. But I've gotten all the Dead Claptraps, all the Targets of Opportunity, all the Legendary Hunts, all the Typhon Dead Drops, and all the Crimson Radio locations thus far.

The only side missions I haven't done are the Dynasty Dash missions because I keep thinking back to that one mission in Borderlands 2 when you had to drive around and deliver things within a certain amount of time and I never did get that damn thing completed. So I've completely ignored them to this point.

• Like 1