DVDVR Message Board

All Things Borderlands

RIPPA

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

For the record - I told Rhys to keep the mustache

So did I.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:40 PM, Gonzo said:

Tumorface and Bloodshine and their entire family can all kiss my ass.

Yeah, that side mission brawl rivaled the Katagawa Ball boss fight in it's near maddening levels of frustration. 

I think I dropped nearly 2K on revives before putting down the wedding party.

3 hours ago, AaronMLuke said:

Truer words were never spoken. Damn near launched my controller across the room.

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't have any problems smashing the next three or four bosses in one go.

The only thing that bugs me now is that every separate map zone on Eden-6 is the size of Lectra City.   

Oh, the other thing that bugs me is that CoV bandits don't have the courtesy to stop and wait for me to catch up to their vehicle while I am on foot so that I can hijack it for new parts.  I'm just now getting the sawblade launcher and the blade wheel for the Cyclone and I am sure I am a few thousand add-ons behind for the Runner.

I've tried dozens of times to jack one of the Tech Runners in the Meridian Outskirts to no avail.

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:07 AM, RIPPA said:

I only discovered last night that you can fast travel to your vehicle.

I am an idiot 

Silver linings.  At least you found out about it before you started poking around Eden-6.   Being able to FT back to your vehicle is a godsend on that planet.

You will totally mark the fuck out during the prison break mission, if you haven't done it already.

Edited by J.T.

I really wanted to slap the shit out of Ava when we got back from the vault on Promethia.

I really want to put a bullet in Hammerlock's sister's head, too, and I am pretty sure Hammerlock wants that as well.

Wainwright Jakobs is now my new favorite NPC.

I finally found FL4K's ECHO recording on Sanctuary.  I'm definitely playing him when I get around to a pure co-op campaign.

Edited by J.T.

I haven't done a bunch on Eden-6 but I almost immediately broke the game when I climbed up onto one of the log transports and rode around unlocking parts of the maps that I wasn't supposed to have access to yet

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I haven't done a bunch on Eden-6 but I almost immediately broke the game when I climbed up onto one of the log transports and rode around unlocking parts of the maps that I wasn't supposed to have access to yet

There are only one or two areas of Floodmoor Basin that are still progress locked to me, 

One of them being the logging camp on the NW side of the map where the remaining Crimson Radio challenge is.

I nearly broke a controller trying to make the jump to get the Laser Wings Runner hijack target, but I eventually made the jump after a few adjustments.

I'm going to need a COV gun that doesn't run out of ammo if I expect to unlock the achievement for getting a perfect score for Marcus's target range, aren't I.

I miss like two or three targets while reloading.

Edited by J.T.

39 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Jakobs' status has been knocked down to the second best character by the introduction of Pappy.

I remember you talking about missing cameos so I know you lost your shit during the prison break mission.

Spoiler

SHOOT THAT PIZZA~! DO IT~!  DO IT~! DO IT~! DO IT~!  DO IT~!  DO IT~!  DO IT~! DO IT~! DO IT~! 

"Damn, Tina. Did you have to make that bomb so powerful?"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH~!   yeah, I did...."

And of course, Wainwright's warning.

"And, oh.  The demolitions expert is a prodigy with explosives but to coin a phrase, she's nuttier than squirrel shit."

Edited by J.T.

Oh, and now I am torn between playing either FL4K or Flynt.

FL4K may be able to specialize with sniper rifles but Flynt has an entire skill tree devoted to allowing him to snipe with any gun short of a launcher and the perks even make him deadly accurate from long distances with heavy weapons.

Edited by J.T.

I am not sure why Achievements Tracker says that so few games have completed the Rewards Card achievement.

All you have to do is get enough kills with a certain manufacturers weapons until they send you a gun in the mail.

I think the only one I am missing is Atlas.  I probably should've gotten a few more kills on Skywell- with that smart bullet rifle I had.

Edited by J.T.

Just now, J.T. said:

I am not sure why Achievements Tracker says that so few games have completed the Rewards Card achievement.

All you have to do is get enough kills with a certain manufacturers weapons until they send you a gun in the mail.

I think the only one I am missing is Atlas.  I probably should've gotten a few more kills on Skywell- with that smart bullet rifle I had.

Because I think most players don't specifically look at the manufacturers they are using (unless trying for the achievement)

Most are "what kills things the quickest"

Like I don't care what I am using as long as things are dying. The only reason I am getting the guns in the mail is because RNG has been... mostly... good to me

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Because I think most players don't specifically look at the manufacturers they are using (unless trying for the achievement)

Most are "what kills things the quickest"

Like I don't care what I am using as long as things are dying. The only reason I am getting the guns in the mail is because RNG has been... mostly... good to me

That's the thing.   All of the guns are fairly decent once you get a hang of the mechanics.  The only manufacturer that gives me pause is CoV since you can't really lean on the trigger of their weapons for fear of breaking them after they overheat.

Then you've just got a useless paperweight sitting in your inventory.

I used to hate Atlas guns, but now I love them now that Moze has the perk that allows her to shoot and run at the same time.   I just put a tracker on an enemy and then backpedal while firing a shitload of smart bullets.

That's how I put down The Warden.

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of skill trees - I really need to remember to print out the build I started using for Amara

It basically was what I was doing anyway - just redistributes the points better

I'd like to do that with Moze but the perks that give Iron Bear peak efficiency are scattered through all three skill trees.

Shields are on one tree, fuel consumption in another, and armor upgrade is in a third.  Class Mods have saved my ass so far by either giving me access to perks I shouldn't have or buffing skills I only have one or two points invested in.

I need to get myself an improved Tank Gal mod, though, preferably one with fuel economy / up-armor point skill point buffs.

Edited by J.T.

42 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I remember you talking about missing cameos so I know you lost your shit during the prison break mission.

Reveal hidden contents

SHOOT THAT PIZZA~! DO IT~!  DO IT~! DO IT~! DO IT~!  DO IT~!  DO IT~!  DO IT~! DO IT~! DO IT~! 

"Damn, Tina. Did you have to make that bomb so powerful?"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH~!   yeah, I did...."

And of course, Wainwright's warning.

"And, oh.  The demolitions expert is a prodigy with explosives but to coin a phrase, she's nuttier than squirrel shit."

Haven't done it yet.  I'm all over the place since I'm way behind on my stuff but I've done a lot of level 30 or so with melraz

You guys must be playing at like 3 am again because I never see you online

I only see JT and Don (and the random people left over from the original Destiny who I still not sure why I have them on my friend list)

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Damn.  I spoiled it for you.  Why did I think you were much further along than me, Robert?

For the exact reason he mentioned

Like I remember Robert saying he already unlocked the 4th weapon slot because he had done the mission with melraz but he was still on like Pandora.

3 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Naw, I knew it would be a spoiler, so I never opened it.  I just know I haven't done a prison break mission yet.

Yay!  And, whew, I feel much better!

Edited by J.T.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I only see JT and Don (and the random people left over from the original Destiny who I still not sure why I have them on my friend list)

I normally don't get on till my son is asleep and everything's kinda settled around the house, so around 10 or so my time.  I've run into melraz, Burke and Dan.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

For the exact reason he mentioned

Like I remember Robert saying he already unlocked the 4th weapon slot because he had done the mission with melraz but he was still on like Pandora.

This.  I'm only like two missions into Promethea on my run through.

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I saw Tofuloaf on this weekend playing B3.  I am not sure if he's even a member of the board anymore.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

That's the thing.   All of the guns are fairly decent once you get a hang of the mechanics.  The only manufacturer that gives me pause is CoV since you can't really lean on the trigger of their weapons for fear of breaking them after they overheat.

Then you've just got a useless paperweight sitting in your inventory.

The CoV guns don't really break.  If you overheat one you just have to go through a'repair' animation that's a bit longer than your average reload.

I thought the same thing at first and refused to use the orange CoV pistol I got.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

The CoV guns don't really break.  If you overheat one you just have to go through a'repair' animation that's a bit longer than your average reload.

I thought the same thing at first and refused to use the orange CoV pistol I got.

Good to know.  Now I can go and try to get this Shooting Gallery achievement with my purple CoV scoped assault rifle.