DVDVR Message Board

All Things Borderlands

RIPPA

I finished up all of the side missions for Opportunity including the pain in the ass Keep The Rogue Constructor Alive bullshit.  It took me two tries, but I completed the side mission AND kept the Constructor above 50% Health for the additional mission criteria.  

I still have to go back and destroy the security cameras for the Down With Big Handsome Brother Badass Challenge.

Since I wanted to get rid of Jack's voice modulator as quickly as possible, I decided to complete the BNK-3R raid mission.   Died twice getting to The Bunker due to Constructor nukes and my turret being dumb and killing an enemy before I could reload and denying me a Second Wind.

BNK-3R is knocked out of the box one mo' 'gain (BNK-3R BUSTER Badass Challenge beaten on the first try~!  My arm hurt from trying to keep my aim steady.).  No rare head for Axton from BNK-3R, but I am not really fond of that item so no loss...  

I will try again later because I plan to currency farm the shit out of BNK-3R to get my Benjamin Pile of over a mil and keep ahead of the For The Hoard! Badass Challenge and I also want to get my hands on a Sham shield

or a Bitch SMG.

Preferably both.

RIP Angel.. again... :(

RIP Roland.. again... :(

I did the side mission where you break the news of Roland's death to everyone so that I could get my hands on the reward Level 46 Blue Dahl assault rifle and ditch the Level 23 Blue Dahl Fire Damage assault rifle I have been lugging around forever. I needed something that caused old fashioned harm rather than elemental injury.

I'm going to take a break from missions for a bit and pad my Crouching Tiger Hidden Machine Gun kills because I am way behind in the murder count to get my Dahl Predator skin.   I'll do that in conjunction with murdering Bullymongs and getting a few kills with my Lobbed Tesla grenade so I can finish off the Chemical Sprayer Badass Challenge and begin to work on the Health Vampire Badass Challenge with the Level 26 Longbow Singularity Transfusion grenade mod I got from my first kill on BNK-3R..

I took five shots at BNK-3R farming and no Rare head or Orange gear, so fuck it.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Machine Gun is testing my completionism.  You will never appreciate how long it takes to get 3200 crouched assault rifle kills until you try to do it.  I'm at 1536 right now and am hating life.  However I am old and stupid and I will get to 3200 before I kill Jack with Axton.

In order to break up the monotony of farming crouched assault rifle kills, I decided to work on The Bane side mission which would segue into the side missions in Lynchwood.  I did all of the Dukino missions except for Demon Hunter and I also knocked out the train robbery, the bank robbery, and the showdown with The Sheriff. 

I finally met all of the additional criteria and killed her with a pistol (a Purple Jakobs revolver I got while trying to farm BNK-3R) without shooting the deputy.  Winger actually put me down right before I got a kill shot on Nisha, but I managed to get a lucky headshot in for a Second Wind.  Getting Law as my reward was a bit bittersweet as I sold it and the Order shield I had in my vault shortly after gunning down The Sheriff

Obviously using Law & Order as synergized items is meant for TVHM when they are more or less comparable in level.  I got Order as a reward for a Level 26 side mission and now I have Law @ Level 29th and there is no way I am slapping a Level 26 shield on to a Level 30 Commando.

I completed all of the Badass Challenges for Opportunity except for Top O' The World (co-op challenge. :() and I've gotten all of the Badass Challenges done in Lynchwood except for Duel of Death (another stupid co-op challenge) and Last Train To Nowhere (I need a better Launcher to kill the fucking Bruiser riding on the end of the 5:00 train).

I'm now moderately overpowered for the story missions leading up to the raid on Hero's Pass and the side missions in the Eridium Blight, but that's okay because I like being overleveled and selling trade fodder will help me push towards Rank 4 of the For The Hoard Badass Challenge.

And the beat goes on.

I knocked out all of the side missions and Badass Challenges for the Eridium Blight and am now wrecking shop in the Sawtooth Cauldron.

I have around 1500 crouched assault rifle kills for the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Machine Gun Badass Challenge..  100 more to go for Rank 4 and 1600 after that for Rank 5 Ugh.  This Dahl Predator skin had better be awesome..

I only had time to get the Sawtooth Cauldron part of Toil & Trouble done before having to bounce for work.  I remembered NOT to listen to Brick and jumped to Evie's Campsite instead (Happy Camper Badass Challenge complete) before slugging my way through the Grotto and exiting via the Fast Travel to Sanctuary.

I was smart this time and picked up the Lost Treasure side mission while I was heading towards Mortar's tower.  All of the map pieces dropped for me so now I have to find a proper segue to bounce to the Caustic Caverns and collect my loot.

I've killed all of the skags, rakk, and spiderants for Zed's Monster Mash side mission, so all that remains is to deal with the skrakks in the Arid Badlands and then kill his abomination in Frosbite Canyon.

I have Marcus's side mission in the Cauldron queued up and I'll get that done in conjunction with knocking out a couple of Badass Challenges (Cult of the Vault & Race To The Top) and there is also that Great Escape side mission for Ulysses the Goliath to get done.  I also need to do Brick's dumb capture the flag side mission in the Cauldron.

I am up to 1639 crouched assault rifle kills.  I need to get to 3200.  I hate my life.

All of the Sawtooth Cauldron side missions and Badass Challenges are complete and Axton is in the Arid Badlands - Boneyard now.. 

I remembered where the Cult sigils were and I also remembered to turn off Hunter Heliquist's transmitter backpack before destroying him with my new ORANGE HYPERION LONGBOW QUASAR GRENADE MOD and my Blue Tediore Fire Damage SMG.

Hunter was good enough to drop THE BEE for me so now I'm knocking out progress in the Amp It Up Badass Challenge.  Now I see why players like this shield so much.  Unlike other Amp shields, the Bee does not drain off when you fire your first shot so you will always do bonus damage without your shield draining. 

The recharge delay is really long compared to other shields, but the recharge rate refreshes you shield almost instantly after the delay time is done.

All I have to left to do in the Boneyard is survive the zerg rush of Hyperion bots for the Under Pressure Badass Challenge.

Story wise, Axton has infiltrated all of the Eridium Pumping Stations and ruptured the pipleline so that he can move into the Arid Badlands - Nexus.

Oh, and I did all of the Minecraft Easter Egg stuff when I went back to the Caustic Caverns to finish The Lost Treasure side mission.

Everything in the Arid Nexus (both sides) is complete including Badass Challenges. 

I ran into a bit of bullshit while storming the Information Stockade.  I was a million miles away taking sniper rifle shots at the Badass Constructor guarding the facility and it still managed to reflect my bullets back at me for direct hits when it had its shield up.

Now it is time once again to end Jack, but not without trying to engineer it so that I complete the Save the Turrets Badass Challenge in Eridium Blight before moving on.

I finally got to 3200 crouched assault rifle kills.  I totally hate the Dahl Predator skin.

I'm a bit burned out on Borderlands 2 right now, so I am probably going to play a bit of Gears of War 3 and return later to finish off THE CHRONICLES OF AXTON~!

I don't mind the Dahl Predator skin (I think it looks pretty bad ass on Kreig especially) but I have seen plenty of people let down after all the effort it takes to get it. 3200 Assualt Rifle kills while crouched is no small task and I think a lot of people have some strong backlash to the small reward.

13 hours ago, L_W_P said:

I don't mind the Dahl Predator skin (I think it looks pretty bad ass on Kreig especially) but I have seen plenty of people let down after all the effort it takes to get it. 3200 Assualt Rifle kills while crouched is no small task and I think a lot of people have some strong backlash to the small reward.

It's a bit too loud for my tastes and yeah, it's a bit of a letdown for the effort you put into getting it.. 

The Dahl Elite skin looks proper and military and fits in with Axton since he is a former Dahl Corp merc.

I'm bummed that the Dahl Efficiency skin isn't in the game.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm shocked there was no Claptrap.

He's there - he is on the shoulders of one of the statues as it spins around (about 20 seconds in)

I think my podcast needs lawyers.

People are going to think Masks, Mats, and Mayhem is a Borderlands podcast now.

Well, LU is dead as fuck so what else are we going to talk about?

Edited by Tromatagon

55 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

I think my podcast needs lawyers.

People are going to think Masks, Mats, and Mayhem is a Borderlands podcast now.

Well, LU is dead as fuck so what else are we going to talk about?

You could talk about M.A.S.K. the cartoon?

Yeah but I can only get one podcast out of what a piece of shit T-Bob was, but then realizing that Scott Trakker was the real piece of shit, being spoiled with a robot AND a motor scooter despite it being a really annoying robot.  I mean if we had Teddy Ruxpin as a kid we had a pretty annoying robot, but he didn't turn into a motor scooter we could ride around.   But then would Matt Trakker be the real piece of shit for raising such a horrible son and giving him that stupid hippie lady shirt to wear every day?  But then he gave him a robot and a motor scooter.  Like goddamn.

But he also never gave the kid a helmet so maybe he was trying to do the world a favor.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I am pretty blah on the Borderlands trailer but it's obvious they are saving everything for PAX and want to give away as little as possible in advance. The fact we're finally out of Half-Life 3 meme territory is fine by me.

Part of me wonders if Half-Life 3 is like an Outkast thing where Andre 3000 said something like they got tired of everyone mooching off of them so they just stopped making music until all of that trash finally left their orbit. So maybe when everyone finally stops caring about Half-Life is when Valve will actually come out with Half-Life 3...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA who am I kidding. Valve is a fucking shit show. They've come out with one new product in forever, Artifact, and that shit was dead in about 2 months. At the moment, I'm sure Valve is just trying to figure out how to make money off of Dota 2 Auto Chess.