DVDVR Message Board

All Things Borderlands

RIPPA

I'm sure their strategy for BL4 will be to double down even more on Chris Hardwick and kill off another character I like while making Claptrap stupider and even more annoying. 

Edited by BrianS81177

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

At first it seemed a little... excessive to re-release the Borderlands 2 Tiny Tina DLC as a standalone game at $10, but now that they added it for free on PS Plus I am suddenly cool with the decision. It'll be a nice primer before playing the new game.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beat Wonderlands.  It's not bad, at least it's better than the pre-sequel.  It is weirdly easy - easier even than BL3.  I beat the final boss on my first go, using only a semi-automatic pistol with no enchantments.  Borderlands bosses usually kick my butt a few times before I figure em out, but not this time.

I did wish they would've gone lighter on the D&D inside stuff.  Never played D&D, and that wasn't gripping me.  I know it's based on D&D, it's much more pronounced this time than it was in Assault on Dragon's Keep. 

Even Torgue seemed a little off this time, though he did have the one moment of awesome in the game, when he finally 

Spoiler

got to blow up the ocean.

• Like 2

• RIPPA changed the title to All Things Borderlands

I merged the two random Borderlands threads together - since we are about to be 2 games post Borderlands 3

Anyway - 2 New Tales from the Borderlands videos

1) Character intros

2) 18 minutes of gameplay

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

New Tales is out now in case anyone didn't know.

I am going to buy it then hate myself for buying it

Plus it will sit behind Tiny Tina in my pile of unplayed stuff

• 1 month later...

So I'm pushing my way through Wonderlands and I've gotten to Level 26 with my Brrr-zerker/Stabbomancer combo. Most of the quests haven't been that difficult. . .except one.

Kastor the Normal-Sized Skeleton

This asshole is the absolute bane of my existence right now. I go in, do a solid job against him and still wind up getting killed, and then when I go back to take another shot at him there are no little mushroom people to do the "Save Your Soul" thing with so there's no point in even going in there again.

I love the game so far but I don't know if I'm ever going to beat this damn mission.

Edited by Gonzo

On 12/13/2022 at 10:01 AM, Gonzo said:

So I'm pushing my way through Wonderlands and I've gotten to Level 26 with my Brrr-zerker/Stabbomancer combo. Most of the quests haven't been that difficult. . .except one.

Kastor the Normal-Sized Skeleton

This asshole is the absolute bane of my existence right now. I go in, do a solid job against him and still wind up getting killed, and then when I go back to take another shot at him there are no little mushroom people to do the "Save Your Soul" thing with so there's no point in even going in there again.

I love the game so far but I don't know if I'm ever going to beat this damn mission.

I weirdly got through that one easily.  Then I played it again coop, and got the crap kicked out of me.  At least you don't have to beat that one to progress, so you can always come back to it later.  

4 hours ago, Robert C said:

I weirdly got through that one easily.  Then I played it again coop, and got the crap kicked out of me.  At least you don't have to beat that one to progress, so you can always come back to it later.  

No, but I'm doing the whole "let me clear all the sidequests off of my list before I go back to the main story" thing that I seem to do in every game like this.

I've got 2 or 3 left but I may just give this one a miss entirely for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Done with all of the side quests except for the Kastor quest mentioned above.

Realized that I've totally neglected the shrines all game so now I'm gonna knock those out before I move on to the end game. Only have two of the six completed to this point.

Think most of my problem with the Kastor quest was not having strong enough weapons. Will certainly make sure that isn't an issue the next time I go in there.

Finished the game last night. Never did go back and do the Kastor quest.

Also haven't done the Chaos Chamber. Will probably go see what it's all about here the next time I jump on.

All in all, another really fun installment in the Borderlands series.

On 12/28/2022 at 9:50 AM, Gonzo said:

Finished the game last night. Never did go back and do the Kastor quest.

Also haven't done the Chaos Chamber. Will probably go see what it's all about here the next time I jump on.

All in all, another really fun installment in the Borderlands series.

Chaos chamber isn’t bad.  It does get real repetitive real fast though.  There’s also the dlc, though If you haven’t bought it I’d say don’t bother.  

12 hours ago, Robert C said:

Chaos chamber isn’t bad.  It does get real repetitive real fast though.  There’s also the dlc, though If you haven’t bought it I’d say don’t bother.  

did get the Season Pass so I have the DLC. I had just totally forgotten about it. Off to Dreamveil Outlook I go, it would appear.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Am I the only one that thinks the casting for the movie seems.... off? They made very little effort to make them look like the characters from the games. I don't think it has to be exactly right, and if its well acted that is what matters, but it threw me off just from the jump. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Am I the only one that thinks the casting for the movie seems.... off? They made very little effort to make them look like the characters from the games. I don't think it has to be exactly right, and if its well acted that is what matters, but it threw me off just from the jump. 

"Hey, so Roland is this huge dude that looks like he could bench press your car. Who should we get to play that role?"

"Uhhh, I dunno, Kevin Hart?"

Other than that, I thought they did okay with it.

The bigger thing that bugs me about Kevin Hart in the role is that Roland is the stoic straightman in an otherwise absurd universe. Hard to think of anyone that is less of a stoic straightman than Kevin Hart.

Otherwise, whatever. It's a video game movie I hope people enjoy it.

• 1 month later...