DVDVR Message Board

Big Bang Theory all purpose thread

RandomAct

My wife & I enjoy the show, we're both big nerds, but like it for what it is, a dumb sitcom. The only other sitcoms we watch are Modern Family, Community and HIMYM (which my wife was ready to give up on this season being drug out).

My biggest issue with the show, which is a very weird thing to be bothered by is the portrayal of Stuart. When they need it to be, they portray his comic shop to be a ghost town and him to be almost destitute. Yet, in the most recent episode, another shop, that looked exactly the same as his, but gave out free coffee was BOOMING with customers!  Even Captain Sweat Pants!

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a commentary on the fledgling comic book industry, the lowly business owner or what, but joke about him knowing where the nearest soup kitchens are bum me out.

I think the gag is to just show how deep into depression Stuart is.  I don't know if it's a commentary on the comic industry, but it just seems like they want to make sure you know that nothing is going right in this dude's life.

Yeah I think they just want you to know how sad Stuarts life is. I think you mean that you like the Stuart character and you wish they would do something more with him than just have him be the sixth wheel/everyone else's doormat on the show. They haven't ever really done much with Stuart but it does seem like he's been around more lately than in past seasons. The show for me isn't near as funny now. Its the problem all shows run into when everyone essentially meets their character arc. Leonard has the girl which by the way they should have dragged that out way longer since when Penny isn't twisting his balls they don't really acknowledge their relationship that much. Howard is married and living on his own. Raj can talk to girls. I'm not real sure what Sheldon's arc was supposed to be on on the show since I can't really say that Amy is where that character should have peaked at. 

I can't figure out yet if they plan on ending the series with Leonard and Penny getting married, or Sheldon and Amy having sex. The latter is infinitely more hilarious and provides us with a huge batch of gags after the fact, whereas the former is taking way too long to even get there.

• Like 1

As someone who has generally enjoyed the show, I will admit that they seem to have hit a wall lately.  Leonard comes off as REALLY spineless in recent episodes(and he's the one of the four that I would probably identify with).  Just not sure where else they can go at this point.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Reading the "How old are you" thread, and then this one, was I the only person who saw Raj's new girlfriend last night and thought "It seems like only yesterday I was watching her go on her first date with Malcolm in the Middle.  And now she's a veterinarian!"

So old.

I can't figure out yet if they plan on ending the series with Leonard and Penny getting married, or Sheldon and Amy having sex. The latter is infinitely more hilarious and provides us with a huge batch of gags after the fact, whereas the former is taking way too long to even get there.

I want it to end with like Leonard gently breaking up with her and checking her into rehab and supporting her as a friend and not a boyfriend anymore.

• Like 1

Great show this week. Maybe the first good one this season. Loved the Sheldon/Amy kiss because he really seemed to enjoy it when I thought they were just heading to him jokingly kissing her and her calling the night a win which they've done like 3 times already. Maybe the Sheldon charachter has turned a corner now.

The joking about Penny's alcohol problem was funny. I don't think it's a story they are going to go with but it was a nice little touch.

Man that episode was sucking until the Sheldon and Amy moment. I almost cart wheeled out of my bed. About time something eventually happened. I hope they change up Sheldon's character with Amy a bit and make him out to be a little more normal now cause it was getting boring seeing the same thing countless times.

I also liked Ivette a lot more than I liked Lucy.

That episode still wasn't that good aside from those bits.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Edwin

That was a decent ep. Much better than a lot of the eps. from this season which have been rather dull for the majority with the exception of a few nice moments like Sheldon finally kissing Amy.