DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact is Homeless

Not to go full TNA fanboy mode here but making them find a place where they could get a paid audience every week is for the best. Being an attraction at an amusement park was not a long term solution. If they could get a building and be there every week it'll help them pull back some of the fans that have given up on them.

It's funny because part of me thinks we'll still be discussing TNA five-ten years from now.. but it really does seem like a dire situation. I was looking at their roster the other day and I have no clue what direction they take some of these guys.

Well, saying "Hey, man. Remember TNA?" is discussing it 5-10 years from now.

Just move to California. We are full of sound stages and all the potheads on the roster will love it.

Not to go full TNA fanboy mode here but making them find a place where they could get a paid audience every week is for the best. Being an attraction at an amusement park was not a long term solution. If they could get a building and be there every week it'll help them pull back some of the fans that have given up on them.

It's funny because part of me thinks we'll still be discussing TNA five-ten years from now.. but it really does seem like a dire situation. I was looking at their roster the other day and I have no clue what direction they take some of these guys.

Well, saying "Hey, man. Remember TNA?" is discussing it 5-10 years from now.

The correct answer to that will be "No."

They could do a big PDF like Chikara but that would be a waste of 4 mb that could be better used by Mookieghana crunching some data on how many matches Bret Hart won by roll up or something.

Heck, I'll get them started

TNA is ANT backwards

Chikara has an army of Ants.

Dixie Carter = Wink Vavasseur - Offspring of wealthy business people with no immediate knowledge of how a wrestling company works, placed in charge and made a string of ridiculous decisions!

Jarrett = Quackenbush - Founder of the company who went missing during the final days

AJ Styles = Solider Ant - Mainstay of the company who went off the radar and had vignettes trying to hunt them down.

• Like 7

Even if they find a place they can hang out in for a few months, they really need to get their act together. Lockdown this year is in March with no PPV competition from WWE, though Wrestlemania XXX will be only a month a way. The entire purpose of doing four and now what appears to be three PPVs every year was to better promote their shows and create "supercards". Last year's so called supercard Lockdown featured Bully Ray vs. Jeff Hardy with a super obvious turn, the dull Aces and Eights group in a War Games match and Kurt Angle vs. Wes Brisco as the main matches. Lockdown is usually their second best selling PPV yet was it loaded with junk and sold poorly. 17,000 buys was a number I see thrown around for it.

Even though Roode-Angle in a cage will be good, why are you running a cage match two months ahead of your big cage match PPV and why did you run a big cage match a few weeks ago? TNA is so short sighted right now, there is no long term vision for anything they do.

TNA taking the Hobo Army stuff too far.  It's just a gimmick.  Not supposed to be shoot homeless.

They should do bar shows.  At least the atmosphere would be different.  Need to stay out of large venues domestically unless they're going to give the tickets away to schools and fill the building with rowdy kids.  Try to make up losses with merch and concession sales.

They're supposed to tape a couple of months of TV in Europe including two of those One Night Only PPVs.  What really looks bad is their Road To Lockdown tour doesn't have a final destination for the Lockdown PPV in March.

• Like 6

They should go to BET and TVONE and make Kenny King champion.

Naw, Kenny King makes more being a Chip N Dales dancer.

I know it's just a typo, but, God, now I want a gigolo wrestling chipmunk gimmick in Chikara yesterday.

TNA's really close to reaching CZW status of being a company best built to survive a nuclear holocaust.

So you're saying TNA is a cockroach on the wrestling landscape?

• Like 1

they could sneak into the closed-since-2006 Mid-South Coliseum and film hours upon hours of TV until the police show up to shut them down

My god, that scene from "Ed Wood" where they sneak in to steal the octopus, recast with TNA regulars made me guffaw.

One of you - I can't review on this phone - has Eric Young vs. Icarus in my head as a "match I didn't know I wanted until now;" once I post this, you're getting a "like."

Wonder if the tape another episode of Impact after the Genesis Impact. Also I'd imagine they'd tape a few weeks of Impact while they are in The UK later this week. can tape a whole months of TV , and search for a new location.

I am pretty sure they announced they were taping 6 weeks of shows in the UK so in theory that would buy them some time

I love that they turned Magnus heel just as they're going to his country for a month and change of TV.

Well I'm glad we all seem to be on the same page about the Magnus is the next Bret Hart thing then. He does the Texas Cloverleaf as a finisher, that is sorta like the Sharpshooter without the leg inside. He started in a non-American tag team.

Oh no, I just realized TNA still employs Hebner.

• Like 1

All they gotta do is rehire Michael Shane and we have ourselves the Orlando Screwjob

I would actually find that quite interesting and, dare I say, entertaining.  Especially if it was Brian Hebner that did the deed.

They could always shoot in a parking lot like Saitama Pro.

Next week :  Bully Ray vs.  Ape Virgon!

If they added Ken the Box to the roster I might actually watch...