DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact is Homeless

This is from PWInsider.com...

TNA will not be taping Impact Wrestling at Universal Studios Orlando anytime soon, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

According to multiple sources, TNA will not be returning to any of Universal's sound-stages as they were unable to secure any dates for 2014 due to the sound-stages being booked out for other productions already.

TNA returned to Universal to tape a number of Impact Wrestling episodes at the end of last year. At the time, TNA's press releases presented Universal as being the "hub" of their Impact 365 social media campaign and noted that the company would have a training center in that market as well.

The Impact episodes taped at Universal Studios will conclude with this Thursday's edition of Impact. TNA will tape several episodes later this month in Huntsville, Alabama, including a live "Genesis" themed episode before heading to Europe at the end of the month for their annual tour, where they will tape a number of episodes as well.

From there, it appears Impact will be back on the road, unless the company is able to find a new regular home for the tapings, because as of now, Universal Studios won't be home base.

Link: http://pwinsider.com/article/82600/tna-impact-not-scheduled-to-return-to-universal-studios.html?p=1

So where do they go now? Vegas? ECW Arena? Back to Nashville? A backyard?

It's now moving past sad at this point.

Vegas would be fitting on one level, but then on the other hand, AWA was once a hugely successful promotion. What condition is the GlobalDome in?

Branson, MO would also work. Come see the stars of TNA wrestling and stay afterwards to see Tony Orlando & Dawn in concert.

• Like 7

The Arena is not possible as The Arena has hosted its last wrestling event some years ago. The Asylum was torn down YEARS ago, so that is not an option. Vegas is a good location and I am sure Viacom can work something out for TNA as Bellator holds a lot of shows there. A very interesting time.

Except that it was renovated and hosted an Extreme Rising show last weekend.

Wonder if the tape another episode of Impact after the Genesis Impact. Also I'd imagine they'd tape a few weeks of Impact while they are in The UK later this week. can tape a whole months of TV , and search for a new location.

The Arena is not possible as The Arena has hosted its last wrestling event some years ago. The Asylum was torn down YEARS ago, so that is not an option. Vegas is a good location and I am sure Viacom can work something out for TNA as Bellator holds a lot of shows there. A very interesting time.

Except that it was renovated and hosted an Extreme Rising show last weekend.

And wasn't the Asylum the Nashville Fairgrounds, which hosted an ROH show with AJ Styles tonight?

Or did Nashville Fairgounds build a new arena?

Wonder if the tape another episode of Impact after the Genesis Impact. Also I'd imagine they'd tape a few weeks of Impact while they are in The UK later this week. can tape a whole months of TV , and search for a new location.

I am pretty sure they announced they were taping 6 weeks of shows in the UK so in theory that would buy them some time

Vegas would be fitting on one level, but then on the other hand, AWA was once a hugely successful promotion. What condition is the GlobalDome in?

Branson, MO would also work. Come see the stars of TNA wrestling and stay afterwards to see Tony Orlando & Dawn in concert.
Actually it would be Tony Orlando and Dawn followed by TNA because th' inbred that actually go to Branson actually pay to see TO&D
  • Like 1

Not to go full TNA fanboy mode here but making them find a place where they could get a paid audience every week is for the best. Being an attraction at an amusement park was not a long term solution. If they could get a building and be there every week it'll help them pull back some of the fans that have given up on them.

Not to go full TNA fanboy mode here but making them find a place where they could get a paid audience every week is for the best. Being an attraction at an amusement park was not a long term solution. If they could get a building and be there every week it'll help them pull back some of the fans that have given up on them.

It's funny because part of me thinks we'll still be discussing TNA five-ten years from now.. but it really does seem like a dire situation. I was looking at their roster the other day and I have no clue what direction they take some of these guys.

WWE succeeded for a long time by having a bunch of random matches, filmed all over the country, thrown together and wrapped around with interviews and studio hosts.

I don't know why a company that doesn't have PPV feels the need to keep trying to produce their version of Monday Night RAW every week.

• Like 4