DVDVR Message Board

Archer Thread.

Ryan

I thought the last three episodes were the best of the season (I binge-watched it this past week).  I enjoyed the Wales episode because it was so low-key and silly (Especially the line about the giant masturbating into the hat and him shouting "NOOOOO!"); and I thought the two-part finale was just all-around entertaining.  Fascinating fact about TV's Michael Gray: that was his first credited part in anything TV/Movie, since 'Shazam' (Excluding a "Where Are They Now?" show or two, just specifically playing a role) in 1976.  39 years between roles?!

I thought the ending was hilarious with

Do I still have to spoil this?!  All right, I will.  You thinking the ship is in the eye-dropper and just materializing and crushing Kovacs and all the other doctors in the process and Archer poking his head out and asking about directions to a steakhouse.

I loved how both parts kept dealing with Archer thinking he can't die, repeatedly referring to it and you're just waiting for him to either die, get mortally injured or be in a position where he's about to die

and he never comes even close.  Even when he goes outside the ship, you're waiting for something to go wrong, but, as he said, everything always works out for him.  So good.

Thought this season was a lot better because it got back to just being stupid silliness.  Most of the characters got back to some semblance of being a person and not a catch-phrase, with the exception of Carol who's just there to be randomly crazy and scream-y (and how did they miss her getting choked by Mallory and not enjoying it?!).

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

So apparently the Archer PI thing is actually the direction they're going for Season 7:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/04/exclusive-inside-archer-season-7-from-a-list-guest-stars-to-l-a-mysteries.html?via=twitter_page

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know how this hasn't had any posts since the season premiere, but holy crap this is a fun season.  I'm loving the PI route they're going with Cyril in "charge"  And Krieger's crazily creepy self came into play last episode.  Fun stuff.

• Like 2

I haven't dug it at all. Caley's complaints that characters are now caricatures of themselves is truer now than ever. It's just felt really flat and unimaginative and I say that as somebody who adores the show, even last season.

I thought the first two were flat and uninspired, but these last two were great. Archer having the storyline with his old boarding school bullies was pretty good, but last weeks was gold. Barry is always a delight, moreso now that seemed(hopefully) dropped Katya. She was/is one of the few characters I never liked. They allowed mallory to be a badass too. . . .

I kinda liked last week's Barry episode, but the season isn't doing much for me either.  I liked last season but didn't care for Archer Vice much.  Like Archer Vice. this season seems like an idea that was funny when they were tossing ideas around in the writer's room, but wasn't as funny when they sat down and wrote the scripts.

I've never heard of Flanderization before.  That's amazing.

The first thing I thought of when I read the definition wasn't a sitcom character - it was Zach, Bones' original lab assistant on "Bones.".  In the pilot, he's a smart, slightly nerdy and awkward guy.  By season 2, he's a genius with "on the spectrum:" social skills - Rain Man in a lab.