DVDVR Message Board

Archer Thread.

Ryan

• 1 month later...

Very neat, but doesnt answer the question of when i can see the last season on Netflix, which is important. Because the fact that I can't afford cable or DVDs right now means Fox is morally obligated to provide me with a meabs to watch their show without paying for it or soiling my conscience, dammit.

The DVD is probably due out in January again, so I assume around the same time.

Spoilers about what the season's general plot is like.

The ISIS office is blown up by the FBI, who then arrests all the ISIS agents. Mallory gets them out of it by agreeing to shut the office down permanently. The characters go back to the office and muse about different professions they could try, with Cheryl insisting she’s going to become America’s top country sensation and Archer reviving his dream of playing professional lacrosse. Pam is happy that she still has underground fighting to fall back on. Just as the episode reaches a point where everyone would hug goodbye, Mallory reminds them that they have one last thing to deal with: the “not-figurative-at all” ton of cocaine in the secret vault.

So they decide to become a drug cartel. Which, apparently, is what’s happening in Season 5.

• 2 weeks later...
Episode 1 / Production #501 - "White Elephant" (Airs January 13, 10:00 pm e/p) - Someone dies. Someone who has been with the ISIS crew from the beginning. And then things get crazy. Written by Adam Reed.

Episode 2 / Production #502 - "Archer Vice: A Kiss While Dying" (Airs January 20, 10:00 pm e/p) - Archer, Pam and Lana travel to Miami to visit some old friends. It's a fondue party! Written by Adam Reed.

Fondue~!

Episode 3 / Production #503 - "Archer Vice: A Debt of Honor" (Airs January 27, 10:00 pm e/p) - Pam makes a deal that puts everyone in danger. Archer dons his slightly darker black suit to save the day. Written by Adam Reed.

Episode 4 / Production #504 - "Archer Vice: House Call" (Airs February 3, 10:00 pm e/p) - Archer has to stage an intervention for Pam that gets derailed by an unwanted guest. Written by Adam Reed.

Damn, completely forgot it was on.  Hopefully, it hits On Demand today.  In years past, FX shows didn't get upped to Comcast's On Demand service for eight days (after the following week's episode aired), but I don't think that's the case under the current contract.