DVDVR Message Board

Archer Thread.

Ryan

I had to pause the episode after  "Don't take this the wrong way, but I would rather lose the baby."  Holy shit.  That line caught me off guard and I just couldn't hold it together.

It's wild that they are switching things up so drastically.  I'm in!

I'm not sure if Futon Critic screwed up, but this is re-listed as the 24th after originally being listed for the 10th of February. Could be a mini-break or something for whatever FX is planning on airing.

Episode 5 / Production #505 - "Archer Vice: Southbound and Down" (Airs February 24, 10:00 pm e/p) - Malory buys a bus and takes everyone on a road trip. Put that hammer down and give it hell. Written by Adam Reed and Ben Hoffman.

I'm not sure if Futon Critic screwed up, but this is re-listed as the 24th after originally being listed for the 10th of February. Could be a mini-break or something for whatever FX is planning on airing.

Episode 5 / Production #505 - "Archer Vice: Southbound and Down" (Airs February 24, 10:00 pm e/p) - Malory buys a bus and takes everyone on a road trip. Put that hammer down and give it hell. Written by Adam Reed and Ben Hoffman.

OMG, they really are doing Smokey and the Bandit. . . 

I'd start from the beginning just because it's a tremendous show and shouldn't take long to catch up on (not too many episodes per season, only half hour). I mean, pretty much all the characters are distinct and easy to identify what type of character they are so it's not a show like LOST where it's based on subtlety.

So the skinny Pam we saw in the montage wasn't because of any plastic surgery, but looks like it's going to happen due to a cocaine addiction.

This is going to fucking rule.

Wait, there was a skinny Pam in the montage?  How did I miss that?

goes back to watch season premiere again

There were two shots of her. One being shot with tranqs and the other posing like a bad ass. Having never seen Scarface(and not ever wanting to see it), it is interesting how much they referenced in just the visuals alone in the second ep.

http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2014/01/scarface-references-archer-vice-kiss-dying/

Skinny Pam?  Might have to check that out.  Speaking of her, holy fuck was she the star of the episode.  Her cocaine-fueled antics were out of this world.  I think I have to change my vote, she's far and away my favorite character now.

Oh, and then there was Archer fulfilling a dying wish that was quite interesting.  Cool twist at the end, can't wait to see them come back as they're awesome.

The ending just slayed me when Mallory knocked the phone out of his hand and Archer started laughing and she said "What could possibly be funny right now?" and Archer says "That's Woodhouse's phone" and even Lana starts laughing.

Another great thing about this season is how Cheryl/Carol's fortune just kind of gets ignored. Their all living in her mansion, and she just rattling off money like its meaningless. Its not a continuity problem, as it just plays into how insane the character really is, and still was to be a country singer.